Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3211137 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #4130 on: July 18, 2008, 05:45:37 am »
Well, in L.A. , shortly before he left for London, his hair was still short, then only a few weeks later in London his hair was long. That's why I think it's extentions, very well made extentions that is.

Thanks MilAn.  I guess I need to learn what a hair extension is.  :)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4131 on: July 18, 2008, 06:02:12 am »

I found a video about them.  I had no idea people do this.

http://www.donnabellahair.com/education.html

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4132 on: July 18, 2008, 06:40:51 am »

BetterMost is so educational :laugh:
Now I know more about extensions than I ever needed to know.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4133 on: July 18, 2008, 10:11:24 am »

Very expensive and very uncomfortable.I had them a few years ago as my hair is very fine.I actually had real hair ones at a cost of $!!!!! and after a a month had them taken out as I developed an allergy to the hair.Alll the back of my neck ears and sides of face were just a big red itchy lump. So I then paid another small fortune to get them taken out !!!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4134 on: July 18, 2008, 12:18:07 pm »
Very expensive and very uncomfortable.I had them a few years ago as my hair is very fine.I actually had real hair ones at a cost of $!!!!! and after a a month had them taken out as I developed an allergy to the hair.Alll the back of my neck ears and sides of face were just a big red itchy lump. So I then paid another small fortune to get them taken out !!!

Well, next time you can come to me for free - after watching that video, I know how to remove them.  :)

I can believe that about the itching, after reading other websites about it.  They use human hair (That seems itchy), then they depigmentize it and repigmentize it.  Not to mention the metal of the little thingies to hold it in. A whole lotta chemicals.  And pretty unappetziing too.

Offline optom3

« Reply #4135 on: July 18, 2008, 12:23:19 pm »

Well, next time you can come to me for free - after watching that video, I know how to remove them.  :)

I can believe that about the itching, after reading other websites about it.  They use human hair (That seems itchy), then they depigmentize it and repigmentize it.  Not to mention the metal of the little thingies to hold it in. A whole lotta chemicals.  And pretty unappetziing too.

Once bitten twice shy, I will not repeat the experience.Mine were chemically glued on and heat sealed.There is also no such thing as your partner running his fingers through your hair, they just get stuck in all the attachments.So I guess Reese will not be caressing Jakes hair for a while !!!!!

Offline BelAir

« Reply #4136 on: July 18, 2008, 01:07:54 pm »

I think it's so funny (in a good and cute way!) that you didn't know about them - my answer for 'how do you know?' was 'because they look so fake!'

;)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline BelAir

« Reply #4137 on: July 18, 2008, 01:10:07 pm »
Once bitten twice shy, I will not repeat the experience.Mine were chemically glued on and heat sealed.There is also no such thing as your partner running his fingers through your hair, they just get stuck in all the attachments.So I guess Reese will not be caressing Jakes hair for a while !!!!!

maybe that's why he had the cap on?  to keep them off of his neck or to keep from accidentally touching them?
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4138 on: July 18, 2008, 01:56:24 pm »
I was just reading US Weekly and that authoritative source says Jake "grew his hair out for his role in The Prince of Persia."

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline optom3

« Reply #4139 on: July 18, 2008, 02:03:49 pm »
I was just reading US Weekly and that authoritative source says Jake "grew his hair out for his role in The Prince of Persia."

L

Looks like we could have been wrong then and Reese will have the pleasure of running her fingers through real hair.!!!!