Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3208217 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #3950 on: May 30, 2008, 07:01:10 pm »
I love you Jake G. !

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3951 on: May 30, 2008, 07:25:39 pm »
Let's see more of you Jack G. !

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #3952 on: May 30, 2008, 09:03:45 pm »
I hope the Prince of Persia doesn't suck.  It's rare that a video game translates well to the big screen.  I don't know anything about the game.  Is the Prince supposed to be Persian (i.e. Iranian?).  If so, I can already hear the groans from the Middle East community about finding actors from the corresponding acting ethnic pool.

As for the marriage bit...Jake likes short, slender, blonde women.  *sigh*  How unimaginative.  His taste has never wavered - except for one glorious moment when he had a date with Natalie Portman.

Reese Witherspoon with two kids.  You can't get more suburban soccer mom looking than that.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3953 on: May 30, 2008, 11:12:34 pm »
I hope the Prince of Persia doesn't suck.  It's rare that a video game translates well to the big screen.  I don't know anything about the game.  Is the Prince supposed to be Persian (i.e. Iranian?).  If so, I can already hear the groans from the Middle East community about finding actors from the corresponding acting ethnic pool.

As for the marriage bit...Jake likes short, slender, blonde women.  *sigh*  How unimaginative.  His taste has never wavered - except for one glorious moment when he had a date with Natalie Portman.

Reese Witherspoon with two kids.  You can't get more suburban soccer mom looking than that.

O.K I  am up for the job of replacement should they fall out. Short,blonde 3 kids and live in suburbia I think.I'm not sure of how it works in America,I would of course need subsatntial surgery, to reduce the age factor, but I'm pretty well qualified on the other fronts.
I have to say of all the women he has dated, Natalie Portman is the most attractive,I always thought she was a complete stunner.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3954 on: May 31, 2008, 06:19:13 am »
I hope the Prince of Persia doesn't suck.  It's rare that a video game translates well to the big screen.  I don't know anything about the game. 

I don't know anything about it either, but according to the synopsis bits that have followed articles concerning Jake's casting it sounds pretty much like "Pirates" with the Bloom and Knightley characters intact,  but without the genius that was Depp's original Jack Sparrow to save the day/film. I.e. two very pretty, supposedly feisty, rather one-dimensional lovebirds doing a lot of inventive sword-fighting (with others) in spectacular costumes designed to accent their best features  ::), while the two of them keep trading quips and "fond" barbs inbetween the occasional PDA.  It therefore sounds like the kind of teen crowd-pleasing non-challenging blockbuster I personally have next to no interest in. The only thing of definite interest seems to be that according to the drawings I've seen, Jake is going to have to show himself and his body off - a lot. While I'll admit that may be an upside, it still wasn't exactly the kind of acting trajectory I'd personally been hoping to see for him. Though, in all honesty, it can hardly be less interesting than "Rendition" which was a dud IMO.

Offline optom3

« Reply #3955 on: May 31, 2008, 01:41:36 pm »
I don't know anything about it either, but according to the synopsis bits that have followed articles concerning Jake's casting it sounds pretty much like "Pirates" with the Bloom and Knightley characters intact,  but without the genius that was Depp's original Jack Sparrow to save the day/film. I.e. two very pretty, supposedly feisty, rather one-dimensional lovebirds doing a lot of inventive sword-fighting (with others) in spectacular costumes designed to accent their best features  ::), while the two of them keep trading quips and "fond" barbs inbetween the occasional PDA.  It therefore sounds like the kind of teen crowd-pleasing non-challenging blockbuster I personally have next to no interest in. The only thing of definite interest seems to be that according to the drawings I've seen, Jake is going to have to show himself and his body off - a lot. While I'll admit that may be an upside, it still wasn't exactly the kind of acting trajectory I'd personally been hoping to see for him. Though, in all honesty, it can hardly be less interesting than "Rendition" which was a dud IMO.

I am so glad someone else thought rendition was a dud.I thought i must be missing someting, as I just thought yawn !!!!

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #3956 on: May 31, 2008, 02:17:08 pm »
I am so glad someone else thought rendition was a dud.I thought i must be missing someting, as I just thought yawn !!!!

I felt like a right b*tch for writing that, since the film was obviously earnest and well-intentioned, however longwinded. And there *was* one decent acting job in it (namely, that of Omar Metwally). The plot in all its PC-ness turned from merely limping along to incredulity-defying to plain utterly hopeless at the end, though, and most of the acting was either OTT or phoning it in. So the truth will out; I own nearly all Jake's films on DVD, but when last I was in London and saw Rendition on display, I just shook my head at buying the thing - wasn't something I ever care to have to watch again.

Not even for the tiny redeeming feature of an opening shot & ditto scene of Jake which was kind of... PoP material. ;)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #3957 on: May 31, 2008, 02:27:12 pm »

Gag.  Prince of Persia sounds like an instant straight to video flick.  I'm not sure where Jake/his agent thinks he's going with this choice.  Jake has already proven he has the chops for drama and comedy.  Is he just trying for a franchise?  Or a hit?  Jake hasn't had a hit since BBM.

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #3958 on: May 31, 2008, 02:35:10 pm »
Well, he's obviously trying for a mainstream swashbuckling franchise a la Pirates with some considerable Aladdin component thrown in, from the sound of it. I think noone can sign on to something like this unless their contract contains the option for the studio to call the actor back for two sequels. Why he's choosing to go this route, and what (or who) has influenced him in this direction....  ???

Well, perhaps we'll know his reasoning when he finally can't avoid giving an interview. With 3 films currently  in various stages of works, and the last being a crowd-pleasing franchise wanna-be to boot, he'll have to actually make himself available for some media hoopla again in the not too distant future.

Now I'm imagining Jake on a flying carpet, yodling "a whole new world, a new fantastic point of view". Ack.  Is there someone reading this who can give info about the likely plot of PoP, beyond that "tale of a gorgeous prince and ditto princess fighting some evil guy for the "sands of time" that can end the world" that has been in every other film related news story lately? I'd appreciate reading that.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3959 on: May 31, 2008, 04:48:50 pm »
Gag.  Prince of Persia sounds like an instant straight to video flick.  I'm not sure where Jake/his agent thinks he's going with this choice.  Jake has already proven he has the chops for drama and comedy.  Is he just trying for a franchise?  Or a hit?  Jake hasn't had a hit since BBM.

We should all first watch PoP before we judge. Jake said in an interview that he wanted a franchise. This could become a hit and boost his popularity and don't forget the impressive paycheck (40 to 50 millions for all three parts i heard).
We'll have to wait and see what happens.