Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3791409 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #2150 on: July 03, 2007, 02:22:46 am »
Well, that didn't work for me. I couldn't drag the file to my desktop. I can click on the picture and save it and then upload it on photobucket.

Hunh.  See now, it doesn't let ME do THAT.  I wish I knew how to quit you, IMDb.

(I'm shocked at the frivolity of my using that phrase so lightly.  Yet, will keep it there, at least for now.)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2151 on: July 03, 2007, 02:59:23 am »
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's kids also have their own IMDB page. All except the fourth one. I don't remember where the little boy is from.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2497257/

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2501840/

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2496776/

I have to say Nat that kind of creeps me out.. I dont really care for the idea of those kids being listed like that very much...im not sure of anything good that could come of it.   

Beautiful mind

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2152 on: July 03, 2007, 05:17:09 am »
Yes, it is creepy those kids, including Matilda Ledger, have their own IMDb page when they aren't exactly actors. I found out about those pages when looking for information about Brad Pitt's upcoming movie The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I saw Shiloh listed as an actress. She apparently plays Benjamin Button when he's a baby (I suppose, considering Shilloh looks a lot like Brad). It really shocked me. I agree with Susiebell here, that shouldn't be allowed by law.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2153 on: July 03, 2007, 06:03:49 am »
I tried Elle's trick with another Browser, but it didn't work either.

But: I found another way to snatch pics from imdb  :D!

You can't rightclick imdb pics for downloading or copying them. But you can download the whole page on your PC. Download it into your picture program, then get rid of all other elements of that side you've also downloaded, like advertisments, the imdb logo, etc.

Edit: Oooops. I don't recommend my method. I have problems deleting some of the elements of the imdb page I've downloaded. Even when they're on my PC, in my files, I still can't rightclick them. So I have to open every single one and only then am able to delete them  :P

Click to enlarge
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 06:22:43 am by Penthesilea »

Offline Clyde-B

• Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #2154 on: July 03, 2007, 08:51:36 am »
I tried Elle's trick with another Browser, but it didn't work either.

But: I found another way to snatch pics from imdb  :D!

You can't rightclick imdb pics for downloading or copying them. But you can download the whole page on your PC. Download it into your picture program, then get rid of all other elements of that side you've also downloaded, like advertisments, the imdb logo, etc.

Edit: Oooops. I don't recommend my method. I have problems deleting some of the elements of the imdb page I've downloaded. Even when they're on my PC, in my files, I still can't rightclick them. So I have to open every single one and only then am able to delete them  :P

Click to enlarge

Try opening just the picture you want to keep.
Save it in another location,  under another name.
Delete all the original webpage stuff, folders and all.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #2155 on: July 03, 2007, 01:03:12 pm »
I bought "Candy" as soon as it came out on DVD-I still haven't watched it. I tried reading the book to gear up but still haven't been able to subject myself to it.

I've been waiting for Candy to eventually make its cinema premiere over here, but it's still just listed under "premiere date yet to be decided".  I suppose they're going to wait till they can kill two birds with one stone and celebrate Heath's 50th birthday with it, or something.  ::) :-\ >:(   But your post caused me to check if it's now available in region 2 DVD, and it's just become available, at least in the UK! So I placed my order right away and should get to see it soon enough. A new Heath film, so soon after "Zodiac", it's all good!  :) Of course, once I'm *that* far in my thinking I remember what "Candy" is all about and the impact it's had on those reviewers whose opinions I've read.... and I admit that I rather dread watching it. But I *will* watch it.

If it gets too depressing, I know I can come here for some counselling and words of support. And nice pics of Heath to cheer me up.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2156 on: July 03, 2007, 01:47:46 pm »
Here's another way to get an image off of IMDb, but it's even less easy:

In the top bar of your screen, under "View," click on "View Source."  That will show you all the code for the whole page.  Figure out which tiny piece is the image you want.  Copy and paste it into the "Heath Heath Heath" thread.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2157 on: July 03, 2007, 02:22:23 pm »

Here's another way to get an image off of IMDb, but it's even less easy:

In the top bar of your screen, under "View," click on "View Source."  That will show you all the code for the whole page.  Figure out which tiny piece is the image you want.  Copy and paste it into the "Heath Heath Heath" thread.

Yay!  :D
Works perfect and I find this far more easy. Thanks Clarissa  :-*

Isn't he adorable?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2158 on: July 03, 2007, 02:28:06 pm »
Try opening just the picture you want to keep.
Save it in another location,  under another name.
Delete all the original webpage stuff, folders and all.

:laugh:
Thank you Clyde. After a while of a frustrating deleting session I had the same idea. Took me a bit, but I finally hit on it.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2159 on: July 03, 2007, 03:07:07 pm »

Toying a bit with my new-found abilities ....