Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3797736 times)

moremojo

Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #3810 on: January 25, 2008, 01:25:50 pm »
I like it because it shows Heath as a man, as a human being, not a as a movie star.
I agree, and there's also a primeval quality to it that is arresting--unclothed, unkempt, raw and in the moment.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3811 on: January 25, 2008, 01:55:51 pm »

The Golden Boy
 in

Golden Years (A Knight's Tale)..

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyrJANFJKec[/youtube]

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3812 on: January 25, 2008, 02:14:45 pm »
Matilda inked on his stomach? Who knew?

I didn't know that. But it makes total sense, doesn't it, - the way he loved Matilda so much, - that he'd want her represented in his tattoos, just like his siblings and Michelle were likewise represented.

Thank you for the "golden years", Milli. It's a great scene in one of my favourite Heath films.  :-*

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #3813 on: January 25, 2008, 04:41:06 pm »
I just got off the phone with Jude. She's in France snowboarding, with no access to a computer. She asked me to say hi to everyone and asked how things were here on the forum.

I told her the latest news that there was no 'foul play' involved, that Michelle and his family are in New York now. I also told her about the visit Meryl and John made to Broome Street on behalf of us all. She also wanted to hear if Jake had said anything...

It's a comfort to hear that she's surrounded by beautiful mountains (with a view of the Mont Blanc). She will be making her own tribute to Heath in the mountains, she didn't know quite what she would do, but she felt she needed to do something.

It was good to hear her voice. I was talking to a friend about a dear friend we both have lost.  :(

She'll be back next tuesday.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3814 on: January 25, 2008, 05:00:27 pm »
I just got off the phone with Jude. She's in France snowboarding, with no access to a computer. She asked me to say hi to everyone and asked how things were here on the forum.

I told her the latest news that there was no 'foul play' involved, that Michelle and his family are in New York now. I also told her about the visit Meryl and John made to Broome Street on behalf of us all. She also wanted to hear if Jake had said anything...

It's a comfort to hear that she's surrounded by beautiful mountains (with a view of the Mont Blanc). She will be making her own tribute to Heath in the mountains, she didn't know quite what she would do, but she felt she needed to do something.

It was good to hear her voice. I was talking to a friend about a dear friend we both have lost.  :(

She'll be back next tuesday.

Thats awesome!
I'm glad she is going to have her own tribute!
And in the mountains no less.
I think now whenever I see Mountains I think of our boys!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline BelAir

« Reply #3815 on: January 25, 2008, 05:07:38 pm »
I am still so sad. It feels like sunlight went away of my life. I feel completely miserable still at the edge of bursting into tears.

I don't understand how ypu are dealing with it. I am dying. Dearest, Heath beloved. I am so unhappy. I love you so much.

sometimes I feel like I am coping just fine, and other times I just feel like I am in a giant state of denial, and other times I just want to vomit, and other times I am not sure anything is real.

everyone "deals" on a different schedule...
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3816 on: January 25, 2008, 05:24:34 pm »
sometimes I feel like I am coping just fine, and other times I just feel like I am in a giant state of denial, and other times I just want to vomit, and other times I am not sure anything is real.

everyone "deals" on a different schedule...
I agree.
I am so tired of being sad.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #3817 on: January 25, 2008, 09:39:34 pm »
I agree with you Kerry, it's an amazing portrait and I really hope it wins, but then I'm biased.  It's beautiful, honest and revealing and under the circumstances, heartbreaking.  A  wonderful and unexpected gift, really, the artist is very talented.  I just love it!

I wish I had the money to buy it. I would proudly hang it in my home.

Alas, I can't afford it. And besides it may not be for sale. Or, alternatively, it may have already been sold, given the circumstances surrounding the sitter.  :'(

The terms of the Archibald bequest are very strict and unless I'm mistaken (I could be wrong here), I think the subject of the painting should be a living   Australian who has distinguished his/herself in public life (the arts, letters, politics, academia, etc.) in the previous twelve months. The operative word here being "living." If this is the case, the painting will not be accepted for hanging by the Archibald committee. Sad but true.

I have entered portraits in the Archibald in the past. It is an open exhibition and anyone can do so, so long as you fulfill the requirements of the Archibald bequest. The Art Gallery of New South Wales usually gets several hundred entries each year and they ruthlessly cull them down to a couple of dozen paintings hung. Needless to say, I have always been culled in the past.

Whether or not it is chosen for hanging, I will still attend the Archibald this year, and dedicate my visit to Heath.

I do so hope his portrait will be there.

Post Script:

Just before posting this entry, I checked the Archibald conditions of entry and found that the exact requirements do not relate to the sitter having to be alive.  I was wrong there. Rather, they stipulate that the painting must be painted from life ; i.e., the subject must physically sit for the painting - it cannot be painted from a photograph. So, fingers crossed that the Archibald committee will view it favourably and choose to hang it.

Here's the link:

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:bAYvSotopw4J:www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/__data/page/133/Archibald_Prize_07_pages.pdf+archibald+prize+entry&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=au

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3818 on: January 25, 2008, 11:57:04 pm »

The Golden Boy
 in

Golden Years (A Knight's Tale)..

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyrJANFJKec[/youtube]

Thanks Milli, never enough viewings of this, NE.  So weird to see something so lively and vital.  I think I've said this before, I wish there was a version with the "Alma" guy cut out.

Offline BelAir

« Reply #3819 on: January 26, 2008, 12:45:36 am »
there are things I hope I will always associate with Heath: stripes, square sunglasses, smurfy hats...

this is striped picture I saw today, that I haven't seen previously.

"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."