Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3797461 times)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #4280 on: February 22, 2008, 11:05:03 am »
Much as I do like Jon Stewart, thinking of him in connection with the Oscars continues to give me a terribly bad taste in my mouth.

Everything to do with memories of the Oscars -06.  >:(

I don't like Jack Nicholson much either, for the same subjective reason.

---

In other news, I just picked up today's mail and my "Queen's Gambit" book has finally arrived! So where are the discussions happening?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4281 on: February 22, 2008, 11:07:23 am »

In other news, I just picked up today's mail and my "Queen's Gambit" book has finally arrived! So where are the discussions happening?

I am flying on a plane tomorrow (weather permitting) and have The Queen's Gambit as my reading material. I don't think the discussions have started, yet.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4282 on: February 22, 2008, 11:22:06 am »
I am flying on a plane tomorrow (weather permitting) and have The Queen's Gambit as my reading material. I don't think the discussions have started, yet.

L

How about starting on Monday (if we discuss it in parts)? If we discuss it as a whole, I'd say give it a week from now on.
Since this was Clarissa's idea, I'd say leave it to her to start a thread in the Culture tent. Clarissa, you could start the thread but keep it locked until we start discussing. This way, others still have the chance to jump on the waggon.

Just my 2cents, I'm open to whatever Clarissa or the majoritiy decides.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4283 on: February 22, 2008, 12:18:10 pm »
I have been wanting to read The Queen's Gambit since finding out it was Heath's favorite book, but I have not ordered it yet.  Will people be discussing it here?  If so, I will read it sooner rather than later.  I am just finishing up a book.

Here is an interesting coincidence - I was watching a show the other night, and the name of the episode was "The Queen's Gambit".  I guess the book is calling to me.

We are talking about having some sort of a reader's group, yes, Susie...either here or on a special thread dedicated to the discussion.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #4284 on: February 22, 2008, 12:35:06 pm »
I've ordered the book on February 7th and the delivery is apparently delayed.  :-\  I hope it gets here soon.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #4285 on: February 22, 2008, 03:24:40 pm »
I would so love to participate, but I just don't think I'll have time. I have a lot of reading for my classes this semester. Maybe I can read it during spring break or something and catch up on the discussion then...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #4286 on: February 22, 2008, 08:49:34 pm »
Hey Heathens, if you get the E! channel, there's a half-hour special on Heath at 8:00 pm ET tonight.  8)

I bought "The Queen's Gambit," too.  Bring it on!  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #4287 on: February 23, 2008, 12:13:20 am »
I've never done this Youtube posting thing, so here goes. It's just a tribute video set to May Angels Lead You In, by Jimmy Eat World. I like Jimmy Eat World, I like this song, and I like the Heath pics/videos.

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=5TSCgkBbFeQ[/youtube]

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #4288 on: February 23, 2008, 12:15:21 am »
Hey, it worked! This one is a lovely video of only smiling pics. I haven't seen a lot of them before.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8yQvccIMqc&feature=related[/youtube]

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #4289 on: February 23, 2008, 12:26:47 am »

I don't know why this is so small, but...