Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3794729 times)

mvansand76

Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #4520 on: March 11, 2008, 02:58:24 pm »
Hi guys!

Here's a brief video from a movie programme in Holland, and it features an interview with Heath last summer for I'm Not There. He still looks so happy and he's smiling a lot, I thought you guys might want to see that....

http://www.rtl.nl/films/filmsensterren/gemist/

Click on Films en Sterren Afl. 15 with Heath's picture!

Then click on Heath Ledger en regisseur Todd Haynes over I'm Not There to the right of the screen.

Mel

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4521 on: March 11, 2008, 03:21:58 pm »
Hi guys!

Here's a brief video from a movie programme in Holland, and it features an interview with Heath last summer for I'm Not There. He still looks so happy and he's smiling a lot, I thought you guys might want to see that....

http://www.rtl.nl/films/filmsensterren/gemist/

Click on Films en Sterren Afl. 15 with Heath's picture!

Mel

Thank you so much for posting this, Mel  :-*
He's so utterly sweet and charming, it breaks my heart all over again  :'(

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4522 on: March 11, 2008, 03:33:51 pm »
BTW, I clicked on what you said, Mel, but it loaded a special about 10000 BC instead.  ???
But on the right side of the window was then shown a clickable link saying Heath Ledger and director Todd Haynes on I'm not There. That link worked.

I like what Heath said about not wanting to meet Dylan and why.

mvansand76

« Reply #4523 on: March 11, 2008, 03:39:18 pm »
BTW, I clicked on what you said, Mel, but it loaded a special about 10000 BC instead.  ???
But on the right side of the window was then shown a clickable link saying Heath Ledger and director Todd Haynes on I'm not There. That link worked.

I like what Heath said about not wanting to meet Dylan and why.

The shy way in which he said "No!" when he was asked if he had ever met Dylan, as in "Moi? Mere mortal moi? No!" was so cute.

*sigh* It hurts so much to think about the truth that we have to face every day now, that he's not there anymore.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4524 on: March 12, 2008, 07:20:22 am »
Good Morning Heathens

From a 2003 photoshoot

From a press conference

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4525 on: March 12, 2008, 03:08:33 pm »
Oh, I like that second one! (Don't like the smoking, but.... it's real nice!!) Hadn't seen that before.

I just got hold of my copy of the UK film magazine "Empire" - the April Issue. It's got 8 pages of "Heath Ledger - a life in pictures", and it's a nice mix of film stills and various behind-the scenes pics, many of them with co-actors or directors. The pics include at least 3 I hadn't seen before, all of them behind-the-scenes stuff where Heath is smiling; looking happy about his life and his craft. One is from St. Marcus' square in Venice, neck in noose, grinning at the camera with Sienna Miller. And one is on set for "I'm not there" with Todd Haynes, the two of them laughing mightily. Loved that one! Plus one with the kids of "Lords of Dogtown", Heath once more looking both smiling and relaxed in his Skip look.

All in all a very nice spread of images from nearly all Heath's films. So this is a heads-up for anyone else who might be interested in buying the mag.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4526 on: March 13, 2008, 01:25:25 am »
Ang Lee remembers working with Heath on BBM:

http://video.accesshollywood.com/player/?id=228082

mvansand76

« Reply #4527 on: March 13, 2008, 04:09:39 am »
Well, I'm not There came out today in Holland. It's all over the newspapers and I keep seeing Heath in there, it's a bit too much to handle right now, especially when they refer to him as having passed away in January. But... all the reviews think he is just as good as Cate Blachett and one of the most convincing Bob Dylans. I am going to watch it next Wednesday...

yb

« Reply #4528 on: March 13, 2008, 04:24:08 am »
Well, I'm not There came out today in Holland. It's all over the newspapers and I keep seeing Heath in there, it's a bit too much to handle right now, especially when they refer to him as having passed away in January. But... all the reviews think he is just as good as Cate Blachett and one of the most convincing Bob Dylans. I am going to watch it next Wednesday...

It's great to hear about the reviews on Heath's performance.  I haven't had the chance to watch it yet, but my gripe about this film was the promotion strategy by the company was totally focused on Cate Blanchett from the beginning, making all the other Dylans looked like they are supporting stars for Cate.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4529 on: March 13, 2008, 05:38:15 am »

My TV magazine called his performance in I'm Not There "painfully convincing" (painfully because of his passing)  :(.

I think Betty is right, the attention mostly is on Cate Blanchett. But she is somewhat the "main character", meaning the Dylan with the most screen time. Seconed comes Heath (thankfully).
I had a problem with Cate Blanchett because most of the time she looks like my mother (urgh) - quite distracting. But that's nobody's fault, just mine  :laugh: