Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3821291 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #2520 on: September 06, 2007, 02:47:14 am »
I'd say that announcing the break up right before the film festival season starts for "I'm Not There" seems like a bad bit of timing.  But maybe they felt like it would be easier if they just came out with it, than to be asked again and again.

Venice

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2521 on: September 06, 2007, 02:50:27 am »
At a Venice boating party.  (How can he do that jacket thing?)  :P

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2522 on: September 06, 2007, 03:31:47 am »

Being hesitant to say anything, anymore, I will just say I agree Elle. 

Beautiful mind

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2523 on: September 06, 2007, 10:15:53 am »
At a Venice boating party.  (How can he do that jacket thing?)  :P

The jacket and the red sunglasses. Do you think he really sincerely believes they look good? Or did he get so sick of people ogling him that he tried to find ways to look goofy?

The jacket looks like something someone would wear if they showed up without a jacket at a place where a jacket was required and were handed a three-sizes-too-small jacket by the maître d'.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2524 on: September 06, 2007, 10:24:01 am »
The jacket and the red sunglasses. Do you think he really sincerely believes they look good?

I think he sincerely doesn't care. Since I don't care much about clothes, either, I can understand why he dresses the way he does.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2525 on: September 06, 2007, 10:24:48 am »
I'd say that announcing the break up right before the film festival season starts for "I'm Not There" seems like a bad bit of timing.  But maybe they felt like it would be easier if they just came out with it, than to be asked again and again.

Celebrity break-up news also help promote movies. For example, journalist would write: [Insert celebrity name], who was seen recently promoting his/her new movie [insert movie title] split with his/her longtime partner, actress/actor [insert name], who stars in [insert movie tiltle]. The pair met while filming [insert movie title]...

So, it is not surprising they leaked the story just now that Heath is promoting I'm Not There. Sad, but true.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2526 on: September 06, 2007, 10:44:42 am »
I think he sincerely doesn't care. Since I don't care much about clothes, either, I can understand why he dresses the way he does.

Well, except that I'm guessing you don't go to as many events where famous people get all dressed up, often by professional stylists, to walk up a red carpet, and where you're photographed over and over and your pictures get seen by people all over the world.

Plus, people who don't care about clothes usually go out wearing just any old thing (T-shirt and jeans, for example).  If Heath were wearing a T-shirt and jeans, that would be different -- in fact, in some of my favorite photos of him, like those Toronto pix, he was wearing a plain old T-shirt. But usually he isn't just underdressed. Rather than showing no effort at all, it's more like he's going out of his way to look dorky (Smurf hat, red-rimmed sunglasses, too-small jacket or pants ...).

« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 12:19:31 pm by ineedcrayons »

Offline oilgun

« Reply #2527 on: September 06, 2007, 10:56:49 am »

Being hesitant to say anything, anymore, I will just say I agree Elle. 

LOL! Don't be afraid, those glasses look awful!  They remind me of the ones we wore in the eighties which was not a great decade for fashion.  I read somewhere that much of his clothing is designed by a friend of his, which may explain the bizarre jacket?

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #2528 on: September 06, 2007, 10:58:23 am »

Plus, when you don't care about clothes, it usually means you go out wearing just any old thing (T-shirt and jeans, for example).  If Heath were wearing a T-shirt and jeans, that would be different -- in fact, in some of my favorite photos of him, like those Toronto pix, he was wearing a plain old T-shirt. But usually he isn't just underdressed. Rather than showing no effort at all, it's more like he's going out of his way to look dorky (Smurf hat, red-rimmed sunglasses, too-small jacket or pants ...).

I agree! He needs to go shopping. And since he's in Venice, he should have no problem finding some stylish italian clothes... and shoes.... and sunglasses... and, oh, of course a nice HAT!! A Borsalino, maybe?
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2529 on: September 06, 2007, 12:38:37 pm »
News from Venice:

Heath Ledger, who recently split with longtime girlfriend Michelle Williams, was looking somber at the Venice Film Festival on Tuesday.

At a September 4 news conference promoting his new film I’m Not There, an eyewitness tells Usmagazine.com that the actor was very quiet while fielding questions from reporters.

"He kept his head down a lot and I think he was hoping not to be asked too much," says the onlooker. "He had his hat tipped a little low and didn't really make eye contact with anyone. You could tell that he didn't want to be there.”

Ledger, 28, plays Bob Dylan in the biopic, but shares his duties with such stars as Cate Blanchett, Christian Bale, and Richard Gere, who also take a turn portraying the iconic singer.

The press, which was only allowed to ask questions about the movie, didn’t question the actor about his breakup with Williams, 26, with whom he has a 23 month-old daughter, Matilda.

But according to our witness, the expression on Ledger’s face said enough.

"Heath clearly had a lot going on in his head. Sometimes he was just staring off to the side, clearly in his own world,” says the source.

Williams and Ledger met on the set of Brokeback Mountain in 2004.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!