Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3813543 times)

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #2580 on: September 09, 2007, 10:00:17 am »
Hey, you all probably know that Ang won the Golden Lion again in Venice!  Go, Ang!  8)

Our boy Heath was shown on the BBC News accepting the Best Actress award for Cate Blanchett, who won for "I'm Not There."  Clearly, she wasn't!  ;)  The movie got one of the Runner-Up awards.  8)

I had heard that she wasn't there to accept the award, and that a statement of hers was read out loud, but I hadn't heard that Heath accepted for her!  Time to look for a clip if one not already available...

;)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

mvansand76

« Reply #2582 on: September 09, 2007, 10:50:52 am »

:o

Geeezzzzz Heath....  ::)

He needs to start taking some clothing advice from his friend, Jake. He knows what to wear to premieres.

But seriously, I love it when people wear whacky stuff, hell, I do it all the time myself, but this is just... wrong!  :P On the other hand, some people want to look whackey and they spend a lot of money looking out of the ordinary and with Heath you can see that he just pulls something old from his closet and goes with it. It's kinda admirable and weird at the same time.

BUT, he still looks damn good, his face is so cute, and this coming from somebody who never really thought he was good looking!

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #2583 on: September 09, 2007, 11:07:49 am »
I must confess, I sorta hoped he had been photoshopped - guess not!!

I noticed on some sites after the first day he was getting TOTALLY ragged on for the sunglasses and what not, so I can't help but envision him thinking this: "Hah!  They didn't like the sunglasses - well, I'll show them!"

Maybe we should just stop talking about his clothes!

Ah well, it makes me smile.

::)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2584 on: September 09, 2007, 01:40:54 pm »
I noticed on some sites after the first day he was getting TOTALLY ragged on for the sunglasses and what not, so I can't help but envision him thinking this: "Hah!  They didn't like the sunglasses - well, I'll show them!"

Maybe we should just stop talking about his clothes!

Good point! Considering we spent a day or so discussing his sartorial choices, maybe it's US he said "I'll show them" to!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, I'm afraid this picture totally eliminates the "he just doesn't care about clothes" theory. Nobody just randomly grabs a pair of red-and-white-striped socks out of the drawer and throws them on -- with shorts! -- because they can't be bothered to look for something more ... usual.

Hell, who even OWNS red-and-white-striped socks, outside of elves and the Wicked Witch of the East (no wait, maybe hers were black and white).

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2585 on: September 09, 2007, 01:55:54 pm »
And the shorts look like cut-off sweat pants to me. Haute couture.  :-\
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2586 on: September 09, 2007, 02:17:11 pm »

Well, I'm afraid this picture totally eliminates the "he just doesn't care about clothes" theory. Nobody just randomly grabs a pair of red-and-white-striped socks out of the drawer and throws them on -- with shorts! -- because they can't be bothered to look for something more ... usual.

Hell, who even OWNS red-and-white-striped socks, outside of elves and the Wicked Witch of the East (no wait, maybe hers were black and white).

Yup, I totally agree regarding *that* outfit. Nobody dresses like that by accident. And like you, it was the socks that totally convinced me.

And isn't that the "Shell" t-shirt he wore years ago at some kind of demonstration?

Here we go again, discussing his sartorial choices  :laugh:
But it's fun, isn't it?  ;D

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #2587 on: September 09, 2007, 03:58:06 pm »
Im sorry to all of you Heath fans.....he's reallly done it this time.

There is no excuse for wearing clothes like that...no excuse at all......

He could have worn a pair of old jeans if he wanted to be "comfortable"...

The only reason someone would wear those clothes is for the shock value and publicity....but in my opinion.....Heath is not famous enough, well known enough or a superstart actor enough yet, to be able to be tolerated wearing a clown costume to the awards ceremony....and if he doesnt watch himself, he may find he wont be invited to too many more if he thumbs his nose at the etiquette that everyone else seems happy to comply with.

Who in the hell does he think he is????
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2588 on: September 09, 2007, 04:05:18 pm »
Geez! I didn't know he wore that to an awards ceremony. I thought he was just out and around. He may be in a depression.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #2589 on: September 09, 2007, 04:08:17 pm »

And isn't that the "Shell" t-shirt he wore years ago at some kind of demonstration?

Here we go again, discussing his sartorial choices  :laugh:
But it's fun, isn't it?  ;D

Yes, it's the Shell (or rather, "hell") T-shirt. So... not something he shopped for recently, this. Something old, something new, something.... red&white striped!

And did y'all notice his vest is buttoned up all askew?

Man, did he go to real efforts to look as weirdly clothed as at all possible. And of course, 't was the socks stood out to me too.

I'm of two minds. Well, actually, 3:

On the one hand, I do find it impolite to show up dressed like that. It's the black-tie conclusion and awards ceremony to the festival, is it not? And he probably knew he'd even be accepting (on behalf of Cate Blanchett if she won).

One the other hand, I totally admire his guts, too. Going out like that in public with lots of photographers about? Going to the festival's gala conclusion with lots of beautifully and tastefully dressed movie hot-shots about, dressed like that? Whatever the intended message, and to whom.... he's got guts. I'm not sure I'd have the courage to get up like that in my own house, even.

On the third hand,  ::) at self , yes Penth, it *is* fun to discuss this and I bet that's at least partly why he's doing it. He's a real Joker.

(ETA: I hope you won't all kick me and yell at me for saying this, but if I'm being honest I have to admit that this thought *did* cross my mind: I really do hope he wasn't high on something while getting dressed for the ceremony.  :-\   )

« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 04:20:08 pm by Mikaela »