Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3821341 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #2600 on: September 09, 2007, 05:09:15 pm »
I love you, Heath.

He's going thru a hard time in his private life--he needs support. He is most likely exhausted from his grueling time on the Dark Knight set, as well. He should have stayed at home and rested that night, I think.

I have done things in the throes of a depressiion that I would not have done otherwise--just--no one cared if I did it or not. He's in the public spotlight, so his bad behavior gets chronicled.

to Heath.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2601 on: September 09, 2007, 05:17:42 pm »
Heath collecting the award for "I'm Not There."

I have no problem with his outfit. I think it reflects his creativity and nonconformity--which to me, are important traits for someone in the acting profession. Go for it, Heath! Express your inner self and be who you are...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2602 on: September 09, 2007, 05:20:59 pm »
I love you, Heath.

to Heath.

Thank you, Shasta. I appreciate that sentiment.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #2603 on: September 09, 2007, 05:28:47 pm »
This is a Film Festival, has anyone considered that this foolish get up is deliberate to remind people that he IS the JOKER.  That he is trying to stay somewhat in character while he fulfills his obligations.  We all know how he crawls inside his characters.

I don't think he's cracked yet, or smoked any.  ;) I think he's still working in Chicago with an obligation in Venice  :D
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2604 on: September 09, 2007, 05:35:25 pm »
This is a Film Festival, has anyone considered that this foolish get up is deliberate to remind people that he IS the JOKER.  That he is trying to stay somewhat in character while he fulfills his obligations.  We all know how he crawls inside his characters.

I don't think he's cracked yet, or smoked any.  ;) I think he's still working in Chicago with an obligation in Venice  :D

Very good point, Dot. I just showed my daughter, the wacky dresser, the picture and asked for her opinion. She immediately said, "Remember what role he is in the middle of right now, Mom..."

L

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2605 on: September 09, 2007, 05:39:45 pm »
I think one thing needs to be pointed out here:

He is Australian.  Not only is he Australian, he is WESTERN Australian.  Having been there, I can tell you Australians have two modes of dress:  pin-striped grey charcoal suits, and "anything goes."  And that means ANYTHING GOES.  They are the most informal, non conformist dressers I have ever seen in my life!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #2606 on: September 09, 2007, 05:40:48 pm »
Is he still 'in the middle of' the Joker role?  I thought filming wrapped on that.

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #2607 on: September 09, 2007, 05:41:34 pm »
Yes, it's the Shell (or rather, "hell") T-shirt. So... not something he shopped for recently, this. Something old, something new, something.... red&white striped!

And did y'all notice his vest is buttoned up all askew?

Man, did he go to real efforts to look as weirdly clothed as at all possible. And of course, 't was the socks stood out to me too.

I'm of two minds. Well, actually, 3:

On the one hand, I do find it impolite to show up dressed like that. It's the black-tie conclusion and awards ceremony to the festival, is it not? And he probably knew he'd even be accepting (on behalf of Cate Blanchett if she won).

One the other hand, I totally admire his guts, too. Going out like that in public with lots of photographers about? Going to the festival's gala conclusion with lots of beautifully and tastefully dressed movie hot-shots about, dressed like that? Whatever the intended message, and to whom.... he's got guts. I'm not sure I'd have the courage to get up like that in my own house, even.

On the third hand,  ::) at self , yes Penth, it *is* fun to discuss this and I bet that's at least partly why he's doing it. He's a real Joker.

(ETA: I hope you won't all kick me and yell at me for saying this, but if I'm being honest I have to admit that this thought *did* cross my mind: I really do hope he wasn't high on something while getting dressed for the ceremony.  :-\   )

well, I should probably read everyone's comments before opening my big mouth, but alas... I am not patient enough...

I personally think it is fun to talk about what he is wearing - and I mean, fun, as in I enjoy seeing what he does, not as in fun to pick on him, etc... So it is fun for me to see him in funny sunglasses, just as it is um, titillating for me to see jake in a wet t shirt or swim trunks.

I was going to comment on the drug comment, but really don't have any position to, so I won't...

Oh yeah - remember the swan thing Bjork wore to some awards show... is Heath doing anything really all that different?

(Mikaela - I just thought of this stuff while reading your post, I am not responding to anything in particular that you said.  :))
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #2608 on: September 09, 2007, 05:43:19 pm »
Leslie and Dottie, yes, I get your points and I do hope you're right.

However, Venice is an important European film festival and this *is* Venice's equivalent of Oscars night. And for all Heath is an individualist out to express his nervous energy and for all he gets into the role of the moment, he did certainly toe the line and show up at the Oscars in the required tux. He knows how to when he wants to, or has to. So however much it pains me to say so, and however much I hope you are right about the *reasons* for his clothing, - I do continue to find this unneccessarily impolite. (Though also gutsy, as I've said. )

But I won't harp on anymore about that, - he's a dear and I root for him no matter what weird outfit he appears in (or out of as the case may be). And on that note - thanks for the image you posted, Adiabatic!  :)

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #2609 on: September 09, 2007, 05:46:32 pm »
Doesn’t this look like Ledger (with Charlotte Gainsbourg)? (screencap from I’m Not There, sorry if this is a duplicate)

It certainly does!!
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger