Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3818543 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #2700 on: September 14, 2007, 10:42:04 am »

:) ps-i especially love the last one.

Kelly those are cute. Thanks for posting them  :)

Edit: this is my post # 2222  8)

mvansand76

« Reply #2701 on: September 14, 2007, 02:47:36 pm »

Gosh he looks so sad...

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2702 on: September 14, 2007, 02:56:02 pm »
I just now read that he and Michelle split up.  :o Wow. That's really sad. They seemed so in love with each other. I really hope that they will remain good friends for little Matilda's sake.  :-\

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2703 on: September 15, 2007, 02:28:49 am »

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #2704 on: September 15, 2007, 02:38:48 am »
^ Y'know, it really sucks in my opinion that it's so freaking easy for male stars to just date around seemingly so soon after a breakup. Michelle (or any woman with a child) will probably never have it that easy. (He's still a stud; she's a "Mom". In other words, a high-profile marriage in your past and parenthood in your present tends to diminish a woman's image and perceived attractiveness, but not a man's.)

I'm not really talking about Heath + Michelle in particular even (nor can we assume the above story is the gospel truth). But I'm just saying the reality of this as it generally applies to the sexes really pisses me off.

>:(

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #2705 on: September 15, 2007, 02:53:48 am »
Heath Ledger dates Helena Christensen

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22416674-5012964,00.html

That looks like a fake, cut and paste pic to me.  ???
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

mvansand76

« Reply #2706 on: September 15, 2007, 03:31:26 am »
That looks like a fake, cut and paste pic to me.  ???

It is!!!

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #2707 on: September 15, 2007, 03:53:18 am »
They obviously don't have pics of them together so they cut-and-pasted something. However the truth level to that, Heath sure *has* been out and about these last couple of days. There's images and film snippets enough to prove that in addition to stories like the Helena one, and you need search no further than a couple of Heath fan sites for it.

Agree with you Laura - reading that whole "article" made me mad, though it's not worth it of course. "Cheer up Demi Moore, there's always Heath Ledger?!?" As a comment to the (married, AFAIK) Demi's troubles in getting roles at her age. How stupid and sexist *is* that?  ::)   (OK, I'm marveling at my own ability to get riled by silly celebrity stuff. Thought I was past that a long time ago. Though the difference in media's and the industry's treatment of men and women celebrities is quite infuriating.)

But then the image here under the link made me smile. Was taken Friday, apparently. Was there ever a kid who looked more than her dad than Matilda does?  :)  She's even wearing stripes. Aaawwww. She's such a total cutie! (And her mom too IMO).

yb

« Reply #2708 on: September 15, 2007, 04:07:07 am »
reading that whole "article" made me mad, though it's not worth it of course. "Cheer up Demi Moore, there's always Heath Ledger?!?" As a comment to the (married, AFAIK) Demi's troubles in getting roles at her age. How stupid and sexist *is* that?  ::)   

Couldn't agree with you more about the caption!  That's journalism at its lowest, but Daily Telegraph is a notorious tabloid, you really couldn't expect much from them.

But Matilda is really a sweet cutie!

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #2709 on: September 15, 2007, 04:29:29 am »
It gives me pause to see how big Matilda is now, since my BBM obsession   interest started before she was even born. She's the perfect visual reminder of how long this BBM thing has been going on for me.

I remember reading and re-reading the short story, and visiting film sites and buying magazines and waiting for the film to finally premiere: That included watching the Toronto press conference on the net - Michelle so pregnant by then she could hardly reach the microphone on the table. Then there was the interviews surrounding the Oscar nominations, when heath and Michelle described how the then few-months old baby Matilda kept them up at night so they just got the telephone calls about their nominations in the morning and stumbled back to bed in a tired daze....

And here she is, soon 2 years old, the very image of her dad, and I'm *still* totally infatuated with everything Jack and Ennis and Heath and Jake. I'm beginning to wonder whether that will *still* be the same when the gossip magazines sport the "Matilda Ledger Elected Prom Queen" headline.  ;)