Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3813058 times)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #2840 on: October 27, 2007, 10:57:36 pm »
Debbie I just watched Candy for the first time last weekend and have seen it 3 times since. It wasn't as hard to watch as I feared though I did have a bit of the blues the next day. I think Heath did a good job-he perfectly portrayed the weakness of Dan in his addictions. I the film as more about addiction in general with love and heroin as the most prominent-Candy and Dan's addictions to both each other and the drug, Casper's addiction to boys, drugs and Dan.

I just saw Rendition so I better pop over to JJJ for that discussion

O0
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 11:17:19 pm by RouxB »

Heathen

Offline lil darlin

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2841 on: October 28, 2007, 12:01:20 am »
The video was fantastic.  Thanks so much for posting it.  There were many shots i had never seen.  I played it several times.  I appreciate that you posted it for us. 
                                                                                                                               glory

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #2842 on: October 28, 2007, 11:44:01 am »
Debbie I just watched Candy for the first time last weekend and have seen it 3 times since. It wasn't as hard to watch as I feared though I did have a bit of the blues the next day. I think Heath did a good job-he perfectly portrayed the weakness of Dan in his additions. I the film as more about addiction in general with love and heroin as the most prominent-Candy and Dan's addictions to both each other and the drug, Casper's addiction to boys, drugs and Dan.

I just saw Rendition so I better pop over to JJJ for that discussion

O0

I have Candy on my DVR - haven't watched it yet, I guess cause I was a little worried what sort of mood it would put me in...  but you have motivated me to watch it soon, if not today. 
 :)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2843 on: October 28, 2007, 09:21:30 pm »
I have Candy on my DVR - haven't watched it yet, I guess cause I was a little worried what sort of mood it would put me in...  but you have motivated me to watch it soon, if not today. 
 :)
notBasket,

I saw Candy twice and it was a bit depressing. It was graphic and it depicted the real and sad lives of those addicted to drugs. Heath was good in it and it was nice hearing him speak in his native tongue. His voice is so sexy. The other characters were good as well. I hope you are able to watch it. And remember it is only a movie, but with a depressing theme.

If you do decide to watch it, let me know what you think about it.

Debbie

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.

yb

« Reply #2844 on: October 30, 2007, 06:21:31 am »
Just read this at Hollywood Reporter, a possible future project of Heath:

Ledger, Penn take part in Malick's 'Life'
By Gregg Goldstein

Heath Ledger and Sean Penn are in talks to star in "Tree of Life," with River Road Entertainment finally bringing writer-director Terrence Malick's long-gestating drama to life.

Ledger would take the lead opposite an actress to be determined, with Penn in a supporting role.

Malick also is in talks, with principal photography set to begin in March.

River Road founder Bill Pohlad will produce with Sarah Green, Malick's producer on his last feature "The New World."

The film's plot has been closely guarded, but is described by an insider as a complex drama.

"New World" lead Colin Farrell was in talks to star in the feature two years ago, with about a third of the shoot set for India, but the star and location are no longer part of the project.

If anyone has the muscle to bring "Life" to the screen, it's River Road.

The company produced Focus Features' highest-grossing film "Brokeback Mountain" starring Ledger, and Penn's recent directorial effort for Paramount Vantage, "Into the Wild."

Other projects the outfit has partly or totally produced and financed include Focus' "Lust, Caution" and the recent Roadside Attractions pickup "Chicago 10."

Penn has been a longtime Malick supporter and friend, starring in his war drama "The Thin Red Line." Ledger appears in "I'm Not There" and next summer's Batman feature "The Dark Night."

Ledger, Penn and Malick are repped by CAA.

Here's the link to the article:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3ie25482ef248abb48f63a6e1afc184662

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2845 on: October 30, 2007, 08:48:24 am »
Thanks for posting this, Betty.  Malick and Penn signal some real gravitas to the whole thing - which is a very exciting direction for Heath's career.

(Funny that Sean Penn now has gravitas.  He's come a long long way.) 

Offline oilgun

« Reply #2846 on: October 30, 2007, 04:29:35 pm »

Malick, Penn & Ledger!  That's pretty exciting!  It's funny because I just got back from buying Criterion's recent release of Malick's Days of Heaven (starring Richard Gere who's also in I'm Not There, lol!)  Coincidence?  I think so!

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #2847 on: October 30, 2007, 04:40:27 pm »
Days of Heaven was just played over in the movie game, too!
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2848 on: October 30, 2007, 04:47:10 pm »
Malick, Penn & Ledger!  That's pretty exciting!  It's funny because I just got back from buying Criterion's recent release of Malick's Days of Heaven (starring Richard Gere who's also in I'm Not There, lol!)  Coincidence?  I think so!

I just ordered it up from Amazon.com. The DVD is getting great reviews. I haven't seen that movie in years but oh I loved it the first time I saw it! I am looking forward to re-experiencing it.

The I'm Not There soundtrack was released on CD today.

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

yb

« Reply #2849 on: November 02, 2007, 06:27:51 am »
Here's a new photo of Heath and Matilda on the US Magazine website, here's the link:

http://www.usmagazine.com/just_like_us_110107

Isn't Matilda adorable!