Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3842948 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #2910 on: November 11, 2007, 06:45:54 am »
Heath wearing Michael Stipe's glasses.  Photo by Michael Stipe.

"On Sunday (Sept 9th), this photo was taken at the Dazed & Confused dinner at NY's Bowery Hotel for Michael Stipe's Futurepicenter photographic website. For his Frames Series, Stipe takes photographs of well known figures wearing his glasses."

Source: heathheathens.net

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2911 on: November 11, 2007, 07:02:37 am »
Still from I'm Not There.  Where's the apple pie and hat?

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2912 on: November 11, 2007, 07:08:40 am »
I originally didn't post anything about this here, because it's negative, and not really about Heath.  But I feel like Heath is indirectly addressing it in one of his interviews above, in the positive things he says about Nicholson's Joker, so here goes.  It's an interview Jack Nicholson gave recently:

MTV: What do you think of another actor, Heath Ledger, playing the Joker in next summer's "The Dark Knight"?

Nicholson: Let me be the way I'm not in interviews. I'm furious. I'm furious. [He laughs.] They never asked me about a sequel with the Joker. I know how to do that! Nobody ever asked me.

MTV: It was never brought up?

Nicholson: No. It's like, in any area, you can't believe the reasons things do or don't happen. Not asking me how to do the sequel is that kind of thing. Maybe it's not a mistake. Maybe it was the right thing, but to be candid, I'm furious.

MTV: I'm surprised to hear you sounding competitive about a role like that.

Nicholson: Well, the Joker comes from my childhood. That's how I got involved with it in the first place. It's a part I always thought I should play.

MTV: Will you see the new film?

Nicholson: I'm not inclined to watch it because of what I said. But if it's a good movie, I'll catch up with it somewhere. I don't think they ever really captured Tim Burton's spirit [since he stopped being involved]. They kind of drove the franchise into the ground. Tim Burton's a genius. He had the right take on it. That's why I did the movie. I did the movie based on a single conversation with him. We both come from the cartoon world originally. We had similar ideas. Tim said [the Joker] should have a humorous dark side to him. [Burton is] one of the great moviemakers. I think the world of him. He's the most unassuming man. And he doesn't feel pressure. That's what I love about him. Once he's in there, he's smiling making the movie. That's it!

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1573617/20071106/story.jhtml

Memo to Jack Nicholson:  Sorry gramps, but the Joker as a fat senior citizen would not capture the spirit of the original comic books.  ::)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2913 on: November 11, 2007, 07:16:57 am »
Memo to Jack Nicholson:  Sorry gramps, but the Joker as a fat senior citizen would not capture the spirit of the original comic books.  ::)

Also Jack Nicholson saying, "Well, the Joker comes from my childhood. That's how I got involved with it in the first place. It's a part I always thought I should play."

By that logic, I had a right to play the role.

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #2914 on: November 11, 2007, 08:19:02 am »
**Comes in hummin' Cher's "Heart of Stone":**

...Look at the headlines
Big crowd at the crazy house
Long queue for the joker's shoes....

Seriously, I can't believe Jack Nicholson was in earnest - I think he was pulling their leg throughout. Or otherwise he was in a foul mood for some reason and venting his general spleen that way - or he's lost it. It makes no sense that the Joker from a previous "vision" of the Batman tale should reemerge in this - it would completely break with the style and mood and JN has been around the block more than enough to know that. Even disragarding the whole age thing. Nah. I think he was just annoyed at the interviewer for some reason, and behaving like this as a consequence.

There is a lot of interesting buzz around Heath these days.... that's good.  :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2915 on: November 11, 2007, 09:09:48 am »
There is a lot of interesting buzz around Heath these days.... that's good.  :)

Completely agreed!  :)

Hey, that's lots of new stuff in the last 24 hours posted here. Yeah!  :D Thank you Elle, yb and everyone who contributed  :-*. Loved the pics Elle.

From yb
I come across this interview on the Batman forum, Heath talked about his experience with portraying Dylan and the Joker, enjoy:

http://latinoreview.com/news/exclusive-heath-ledger-on-playing-the-joker-3297

Booo-hooo, no video for me. I even can't see where on the site a video should be  :(. There's only an article saying the author had the chance to talk to Heath, yada, yada, and in the end it says "Stay Tuned for the full interview in the coming days."

???  ???  ???

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2916 on: November 11, 2007, 09:15:26 am »

:laugh:

Although I somehow can't believe he truly meant what he said, your comment is great oilgun.  :laugh:

I think either he was joking or he's just a grumpy old man ...  ::)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2917 on: November 11, 2007, 10:28:29 am »
True enough, Louise, but in "I'm Not There", it's intentional, and more flattering. :)

(I don't know how many takes he had for the jumping sequence, but I know from experience that the water in the Bow River is c-o-l-d.)

Can't wait to see it!  ;)
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2918 on: November 11, 2007, 10:29:22 am »
As I mentioned over at the social events forum, unfortunately no Heath at the Ang/James talk. :(

However, I went to a sneak preview of "I'm Not There" tonight in New York, with director Todd Haynes speaking after.  I'm not sure if it's been reported, but in the first few minutes of the film, Heath bares all.

Now I gotta go find that "I'm Not There" thread to give a review...

If you keep going to all these movies without me, I'm not going to have a reason to come to Boston to see the movies with you!  :(
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2919 on: November 11, 2007, 10:33:00 am »
Ching!  At that I'm Not There benefit concert.

Source:heathheathens.net

Unfortunately, that pictures brings to mind some of his previous tonsorial challenges....sigh....memo to Heath: shampoo, water, lather, rinse, repeat.