Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3829664 times)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #2980 on: November 14, 2007, 10:45:12 am »
I agree about The Order, but Heath was stunningly beautiful in it.  Yeah, it didn't help much when the story was so weak and there was zero chemistry between Heath and the actress, strange though they were much better in A Knight's Tale.

Agreed and the fact that both films are by the same director is even stranger!

Offline oilgun

« Reply #2981 on: November 14, 2007, 10:56:13 am »
The actress is Shannon Sossamon.

Here's a bit of trivia: she beat out Kate Hudson (the one that Heath was supposedly playing "tonsil hockey" with) for the role of Lady Jocelyn in A Knight's Tale.

L

Kate Hudson is a sweet and likable actor but she doesn't seem to have much range.  She's best in contemporary American roles, much like her mother.  Although considering the playful anachronistic spirit of AKT she might have been quite effective in it.   I thought she was miscast in T4F and didn't feel any chemistry between her and Heath at all.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2982 on: November 14, 2007, 11:00:38 am »
Kate Hudson is a sweet and likable actor but she doesn't seem to have much range.  She's best in contemporary American roles, much like her mother.  Although considering the playful anachronistic spirit of AKT she might have been quite effective in it.   I thought she was miscast in T4F and didn't feel any chemistry between her and Heath at all.

I haven't seen T4F so I can't comment on that...I did think Shannon Sossamon was perfect in AKT with her exotic dark looks. Somehow Kate Hudson just screams out "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" and that other movie with the guy from My Big Fat Greek Wedding ...he was playing a minister and she went after him...(how's that for vague? LOL).

Shannon Sossamon was supposed to be "the next big thing" who seems to have tanked fast. Last thing I saw her in was that Christmas movie last year, where she had a very small part...the Christmas movie with Cameron Diaz, Jack Black, Kate Winslet and Jude Law. Remember that one?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline oilgun

« Reply #2983 on: November 14, 2007, 03:48:14 pm »
I haven't seen T4F so I can't comment on that...I did think Shannon Sossamon was perfect in AKT with her exotic dark looks. Somehow Kate Hudson just screams out "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" and that other movie with the guy from My Big Fat Greek Wedding ...he was playing a minister and she went after him...(how's that for vague? LOL).

Shannon Sossamon was supposed to be "the next big thing" who seems to have tanked fast. Last thing I saw her in was that Christmas movie last year, where she had a very small part...the Christmas movie with Cameron Diaz, Jack Black, Kate Winslet and Jude Law. Remember that one?

L

I remember it but I didn't see it.  And I wasn't aware that she was in it.  I think I last saw her in Rules of Attraction with James Vanderbeek (sp?) a movie that was very underrated imo.  I agree that she was perfect in AKT, I didn't mean to infer that Kate would have been better ijn the part.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2984 on: November 14, 2007, 04:09:38 pm »

L

I liked that little movie.  Was it called The Holiday?  I didn't notice her in it.

I watched AKT all the way through one time.  I have watched this little snippet dozens of times.  I like when Shannon Sossamen does that little spider-paw movement.  I always think the dairk-haired guy watching balefully reminds me of Alma.  :)

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyrJANFJKec[/youtube]

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2985 on: November 14, 2007, 04:14:51 pm »

I always liked that movie.  I thought it was great fun, and liked the incongruity of the music
mix.  It had wonderful humor.  I dont care if i am square or not..I liked it.

Beautiful mind

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2986 on: November 14, 2007, 06:17:45 pm »
I liked that little movie.  Was it called The Holiday?  I didn't notice her in it.

She was....she was....Jack Black's girlfriend, maybe? The one he broke up with. I think.

The point is, she was supposed to be "the next big thing" and instead has only been getting small parts that no one remembers her in.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2987 on: November 14, 2007, 06:19:13 pm »

I always liked that movie.  I thought it was great fun, and liked the incongruity of the music
mix.  It had wonderful humor.  I dont care if i am square or not..I liked it.

If you mean A Knight's Tale, I agree with you Janice. I thought it was lots of fun and I loved the music. We have the DVD and I like to watch certain scenes over and over...the main reason to own a DVD, right? LOL

L

Offline BelAir

« Reply #2988 on: November 14, 2007, 10:50:29 pm »
I enjoy rewatching A Knight's Tale, too!  It's pleasant.

:)

And Heath is darling.
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #2989 on: November 15, 2007, 12:46:35 am »
Here's a link to the Tribeca Film Festival site that sponsored the sneak preview of "I'm Not There" that Paul saw last weekend.  There's a 6-minute video of Todd Haynes discussing the film, including some clips.  The one of Heath is so like Heath himself that it doesn't seem like it was much of a stretch for him!  ;D

http://www.tribecafilmfestival.org/player-extras.html?bctid=
Ich bin ein Brokie...