Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3701767 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #3670 on: January 23, 2008, 05:07:34 pm »
And from Salon:

Remembering Heath Ledger
He was young, he was beautiful, and he had a pure gift for playing troubled souls -- which makes the actor's death all the more tragic.

By Mary Elizabeth Williams

The void for a 2-year-old girl without her father today is incalculable.

I've been thinking that a lot.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3671 on: January 23, 2008, 05:33:21 pm »
I've been thinking that a lot.  :(

Me too. So sad to think she'll grow up without remembering much about him, knowing him only through his films (though at least she'll have those).

Tell you what, I felt a sense of relief when my own sons reached the age where I knew that if anything happened to me or my husband they at least would remember us pretty well (they're now 13 and almost-12).

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #3672 on: January 23, 2008, 05:34:51 pm »
This photo to me shows Heath through and through... look at his shoes at a red carpet events

:)

but he looks so tired here - this was on the set of his new film only a few days ago...

I love this one ..

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3673 on: January 23, 2008, 06:02:34 pm »
I was just struck all anew by the thought that it was Heath who suggested that they should switch the shirts so that Ennis's encompassed Jack's in the last scene in BBM.

The image of those two shirts on their hanger in the closet has somehow become so familiar, I nearly take it for granted that their order is how it was and always should be. But if not for Heath that beautiful eloquent change that speaks such tender volumes wouldn't be there. That it *is* there just showed so much sensitivity and understanding on his part -  of the story, of Ennis, of communicating both to us.

:'( :'( :'(

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3674 on: January 23, 2008, 06:51:49 pm »

I have that same harmonica.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3675 on: January 23, 2008, 06:52:30 pm »
I was just struck all anew by the thought that it was Heath who suggested that they should switch the shirts so that Ennis's encompassed Jack's in the last scene in BBM.

The image of those two shirts on their hanger in the closet has somehow become so familiar, I nearly take it for granted that their order is how it was and always should be. But if not for Heath that beautiful eloquent change that speaks such tender volumes wouldn't be there. That it *is* there just showed so much sensitivity and understanding on his part -  of the story, of Ennis, of communicating both to us.

Thanks for reminding us of that, Mikaela.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3676 on: January 23, 2008, 06:56:27 pm »
I Cried For You (3:39)
Today's tribute video from the wonderful Cliffy4479

This video is loaded with Heathen treasure, and a lovely sad song.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t13mh5HB_pk[/youtube]

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3677 on: January 23, 2008, 07:04:12 pm »

This one breaks my heart.
Havin a little girl of my own it really hits home.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 09:54:30 pm by loneleeb3 »
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3678 on: January 23, 2008, 07:16:44 pm »
An old interview with Heath about the film Two Hands (3:22)

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vFyEOMgbKM[/youtube]

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3679 on: January 23, 2008, 07:26:21 pm »

I remember when I first read about that being Heath's idea a long time back. I was so impressed by it and of course I still am. I have read so much about how much Heath put into the character of Ennis, how he studied how Ennis should be, and how he practically became Heath. Just as he always did, he put everything he had into the character. He made Ennis come to life as we have always all known. This is just hard, really hard to accept  :(