Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3830563 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #4600 on: March 22, 2008, 05:57:08 am »
Good morning Heathens  :)
To start the weekend, I have a series of four pics today. They're from Venice last September.

yb

« Reply #4601 on: March 22, 2008, 09:02:05 am »
^^^

These photos warmed my heart, especially after seeing Ang's interview at the ShoWest.

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #4602 on: March 22, 2008, 12:34:46 pm »
I just keep wondering why Jake isn't more aware of this... or more pro-active about this.  I mean in terms of awareness of his career and public image, I'd think Jake would be considering all of this carefully (above and beyond the real and personal aspects of this loss).  I mean, Heath was a massive part of advancing Jake's career... and even on a professional level, it only seems reasonable to expect some kind of acknowledgment (even just based on concepts of etiquette)
I don't think Heath was a massive part of advancing Jake's career,or at least,he was the same for Heath's; as the matter of fact,the real and greater part in both career's advancing was Ang Lee...He was,that's right,something else than just a coworker in a successful movie,since he was his daughter's godfather.It's just enough,for me,to expect also "something else" from Jake in a so delicate and sad moment as the passing of" someone else "that just a man who you've worked with...We can't forget,however,that this situation makes Jake also "special" before other people's sight,specially from paparazzi and other vultures...We've already talked about this before,and I accept that his position has been and is still, a little different from the one by Daniel Day-Lewis,f.e.;but to a certain point,that I really believe Jake has ultrapassed several weeks ago.It seems as if his personal easiness,that they let him be alone and far from ugly gossips matters more than his respect for his...friend? or whatever and for his family grief.JMO.

I don't think we expect Jake's life to be Heath-centered but Heath really has been a big part of his career.  Whether he likes it or not the two have been linked together because of BbM.  The same way Ryan Gosling is associated with Rachel McAdams because of THE NOTEBOOK.  Plus isn't Jake Matilda's godfather or something?  Daniel Day Lewis didn't even know Heath, had probably never met him, yet he made a wonderful gesture and he's not exactly a media whore so it wasn't for the publicity.  No, ATZ75 said it perfectly, he should have said something by now if only for etiquette's sake.  That's why relatives of the deceased stand around shaking hands at a funeral, it's not because they want to, it's simple etiquette, there are some things that just have to be done.
Yes,oilgun,I agree with you;perhaps it's too" hard" to say He's dead for you,but I feel deceived about him,and I'm feeling so several weeks ago already...For me the real problem,is not to SAY SOMETHING,but TO DO SOMETHING.Saying some nice words can be "simple etiquette",as you say very well; but doing is sometimes the hardest thing,and for this it results more painful in Jake's case.I mean,nobody has seen him neither in Perth,nor in any of the burials and tributes Heath's friends and coworkers who knew him very little have done...For me this is not logical,nor natural,nor...human? And not because Brokies and fans in general can be happy,but for respect ,affection and humanity.
I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4603 on: March 22, 2008, 12:50:41 pm »
I think it is both understandable and human for someone NOT to want to share their personal feelings and grief with the world.  I know I wouldn't, maybe that is why I can understand it.  What about the desire to keep one's feelings private?  Isn't an actor entitled to what everyone else entitled to, without judging him as unfeeling?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #4604 on: March 22, 2008, 02:21:23 pm »
I think it is both understandable and human for someone NOT to want to share their personal feelings and grief with the world.  I know I wouldn't, maybe that is why I can understand it.  What about the desire to keep one's feelings private?  Isn't an actor entitled to what everyone else entitled to, without judging him as unfeeling?
No, he's really free to keep his feelings private;what's more,he has no obligation in showing them in public.No ,because he's a famous person he doesn't need to make public even his littlest and deepest feelings,sorrows and happiness...But,if you've read my post,you will see how I'm not speaking about SPEAKING,but about DOING.And doing some gesture of approachment to Heath's family that nobody has seen or heard he's done up to this moment.For me this is the difference,and rather important...
I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4605 on: March 22, 2008, 02:41:18 pm »
Morning all,

Here's a happy Matilda, waltzing with her dad...

and she's in stripes.......  with a pink hat.............

sigh.
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline BelAir

« Reply #4606 on: March 22, 2008, 02:44:19 pm »

Michelle appears to be staring daggers at the person taking the pic, but still, I think she (Michelle) looks stunning...

Offline BelAir

« Reply #4607 on: March 22, 2008, 03:06:05 pm »
What a beautiful photo!  His lovely eyes just draw you in like a magnet.  And such a handsome face!  Thanks, Penthesilea.  I love your photos, especially these large and very hypnotic close-ups.  I could gaze at them for hours & hours.  Well, actually, I already do!

I posted this on the Tributes board but I thought it might be good here, too:-

Here's a link to the entire article on Heath in Interview magazine, complete with gorgeous photos.  I think somebody's scanned the magazine, but if you keep clicking on each individual page, it zooms in enough that you can read it and see the photos clearly.

One mix of photos seems to have been taken by Naomi Watts' brother around the time of the movie 'Ned Kelly'.  Heath himself has drawn and written on most of them.  Priceless!  The one of Heath with Michelle, him pretending to be pregnant with her, is just so sweet.

The great love and affection Heath's friends obviously felt for him, and the high esteem in which he was held, shines through in this moving article.  Very beautiful.  I loved it!  It confirms so much of what I already thought about Heath, but didn't know for certain.

http://www.shareapic.net/283699-Heath-Ledger-in-Interview-Magazine-April-2008.html

Thank you VERY MUCh for that link.... some great great quotes/statements in there.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4608 on: March 23, 2008, 02:35:31 am »
Agreed about the daggers in Michelle's eyes - and she moves around to be between the photographer and Matilda, and puts her hand on her shoulder.  That photographer could be the reason they climb the stairs and go inside.

Thank you so much for posting the Interview magazine pages.  A lot to read there.  I would like to see Heath's Grace Woodruffe video - does anyone know where to find it?

Also, any luck on finding the whole Nick Drake video, anyone?

mvansand76

« Reply #4609 on: March 23, 2008, 05:52:24 am »
As for the Jake issue: I don't think we'll ever find out what went on in Jake's mind, and that's OK.

The only really option we have is asking Lisa (bbmiswear) to ask Jake what is going on. She is going to meet Jake this month together with a friend! 

;) No, really, I wouldn't want to ask Jake that kind of question either when I met him. But God, isn't it great that she is going to meet him?  :D