Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3826742 times)

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5090 on: May 05, 2008, 04:35:12 pm »
What is on his T shirt. It looks like a picture of earth with a sad smiley on it, or

Yes, it looks like it! I think the shirt says that the world we are living in is quite sad. And i'd agree! :(

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5091 on: May 05, 2008, 05:54:23 pm »
Yes, it looks like it! I think the shirt says that the world we are living in is quite sad. And i'd agree! :(
That is what I thought.It also seemed bitterly ironic,that one of the sad things was what happened to Heath.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #5092 on: May 06, 2008, 01:37:53 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

Damn good looking in the first. And the second one is such a sweet expression, but it makes me sad again. Thought I'd post it anyway.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5093 on: May 06, 2008, 05:41:05 am »
I don't think it's JGL. I think it's Andrew Keegan. One of the pics is scribbled on "... Andrew asks"

Weeks ago, my husband brought home a movie I had never heard of. The Lookout. I saw only one scene, pretty much at the beginning. It was dark and two teenagers were driving in a car at night. For a split-second I thought there was Heath, but of course it was JGL. You're right about that jolt. It hurts. I didn't watch the movie yet.

Chrissi, I thought The Lookout was a very good movie.  Not easy to watch though (for me anyway).  JGL is very good in it.  Watch it til the end.  :)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5094 on: May 06, 2008, 12:47:02 pm »
I definitely think that if they ever make a biopic about Heath -- not that I think this would necessarily be a good idea, but if they ever do it anyway -- JGL would be perfect for the part. He'd be good in it, too.

I always thought they should play brothers.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #5095 on: May 06, 2008, 06:40:50 pm »
I think this here news story is extremely sad. Heath's legacy has been reduced to a plastic action figure doll that collectors are buying up to sell on EBay...
Not that there's anything wrong with action an figure per se (considering my numerous Lord of the Rings action figures, complete with glow-in-the-dark swords, full sets of armour and what not, I can hardly claim there's not a legit and appreciative market for them). But when it comes with such morbid interest attached, and hectic greed from (some) customers in order to cash in on and profit from an untimely, tragic death.... it's depressing. *sigh* I don't know. I guess it's just human nature.  :-\ :'(

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05062008/news/regionalnews/jokers_wild__ledger_dolls_fly_off_shelve_109586.htm

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #5096 on: May 06, 2008, 06:52:56 pm »
And as counterpoint, here's the real deal. I look at this picture and I look at the two very nice photos of Heath that Chrissie has posted further up on this page, and .... well, it's just strange to me.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 05:26:34 pm by Mikaela »

Offline BelAir

« Reply #5097 on: May 06, 2008, 11:00:42 pm »
I feel in some ways, that Heath really did grow up "before our eyes" ...  He wasn't a child star per se, but when you look at all his early publicity shots, etc. compared to the more recent ones it's just a world of difference.

I don't know exactly what I MEAN by that, just wondering if others see it too.

Sometimes, in a weird way, I wish all the pictures weren't out there.

Oh one thing about Heath pics, is to remember sometimes he is in character, and sometimes not - so I think maybe that explains some of the Joker weirdness Mikaela?

:-\

The Joker anticipation is making me miss him a lot.
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5098 on: May 07, 2008, 01:49:59 am »
I feel in some ways, that Heath really did grow up "before our eyes" ...  He wasn't a child star per se, but when you look at all his early publicity shots, etc. compared to the more recent ones it's just a world of difference.

I don't know exactly what I MEAN by that, just wondering if others see it too.

I know what you mean. And it's no wonder. When he started acting, he was still a boy, a teenager. Itis a world of difference between a teenager and a grown up man in his late twenties, with an own family an' all.
What continues to amaze me is how he looks different ages in different movies. I know, make-up and all makes a difference. But still, when I see pictures of Casanova and then think this was afterhe became Ennis, it's still amazing.

The Joker anticipation is making me miss him a lot.

Yes. Guess I'm lucky that I don't live in the US, seeing the cast all over the TV shows, promoting TDK.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5099 on: May 07, 2008, 01:53:18 am »
Good morning Heathens :)