Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3813336 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5200 on: May 16, 2008, 10:40:43 am »
The comment on findingbrokeback.com that goes with his location is 'Always obtain appropriate permission before entering private property. Under no circumstances should one attempt to dive from the cliff or swim at this site without authorization and professional supervision.'

Wise advise, I think.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #5201 on: May 16, 2008, 10:49:14 am »
If it was me, I'd be too afraid that there were hidden rocks under the water (or something like that) that I couldn't see.  I don't think I'd be able to go through with that jump off the cliff depicted in BBM either.

Bet everything was checked before.
But you're right, never jump into unknown water. You should think meanwhile word has gotten around about this. Kerstin's husband is a nurse (do you say male nurse or just nurse when it's a man?) and works in a clinic for accident cases. Year after year, come summer they get people who jumped head first into shallow waters. Makes especially high paralysis. C5, C6 quadriplegia, things like that. :-\ Must be disheartening to see the same thing happen multiple times every summer.

In preview I just see Fabienne's post. Wise advise indeed. Tell your kids!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5202 on: May 16, 2008, 10:55:08 am »
But you're right, never jump into unknown water. You should think meanwhile word has gotten around about this. Kerstin's husband is a nurse (do you say male nurse or just nurse when it's a man?)

You just say nurse. How often does one say "female nurse"? Or male physician or female physician? Or any other profession? Although I suppose there are "cowgirls."

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #5203 on: May 16, 2008, 10:59:53 am »
belbbmfan, wise is your thought:       Under no circumstances should one attempt to dive from the cliff or swim at this site without authorization and professional supervision.'

And atz, you too say a good warning: If it was me, I'd be too afraid that there were hidden rocks under the water (or something like that) that I couldn't see.  I don't think I'd be able to go through with that jump off the cliff depicted in BBM either.

Any pics of that famous jump of Heathy with another, off that cliff ??

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #5204 on: May 16, 2008, 11:02:50 am »
But you're right, never jump into unknown water. You should think meanwhile word has gotten around about this. Kerstin's husband is a nurse (do you say male nurse or just nurse when it's a man?) and works in a clinic for accident cases. Year after year, come summer they get people who jumped head first into shallow waters. Makes especially high paralysis. C5, C6 quadriplegia, things like that. :-\ Must be disheartening to see the same thing happen multiple times every summer.

In preview I just see Fabienne's post. Wise advise indeed. Tell your kids!

Chrissi, my kids never jumped off that cliff of course. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that. I think if Heath's mum had been there she'd probably have forbidden him too to jump! LOL

We went rafting on a river nearby and by the end of our trip the water was very calm, and our boat leader started to play some games with the kids that were on board (only if they wanted to join in of course). My kids ended up having to run around on the edge of the boat for 'as long as they could ride it'. They ended up in the water of course and had a great time doing it. It was all very, very safe.
But thanks for your concern. You know how it is with kids.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5205 on: May 16, 2008, 11:03:33 am »
You just say nurse. How often does one say "female nurse"? Or male physician or female physician? Or any other profession? Although I suppose there are "cowgirls."

L

Thank you L. In German it's Krankenschwester. But only the women, since -schwester means sister. Men are Krankenpfleger, whith -pfleger meaning someone who takes care for someone.
Thus my question. Nurse sounds always female to me, and additionally "nurse" is translated only with the female version in my online dictionary.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5206 on: May 16, 2008, 11:06:46 am »
Chrissi, my kids never jumped off that cliff of course. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that. I think if Heath's mum had been there she'd probably have forbidden him too to jump! LOL

We went rafting on a river nearby and by the end of our trip the water was very calm, and our boat leader started to play some games with the kids that were on board (only if they wanted to join in of course). My kids ended up having to run around on the edge of the boat for 'as long as they could ride it'. They ended up in the water of course and had a great time doing it. It was all very, very safe.
But thanks for your concern. You know how it is with kids.  :)

Oh Fabienne, I didn't mean your kids, or that cliff specifically! I was speaking in general.
I guess it was me who wasn't very clear ::). Sorry 'bout that.

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5207 on: May 16, 2008, 11:24:22 am »
I Sweden we are called Sjuksköterska, men and woman together even though it is a female word.  :laugh:
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5208 on: May 16, 2008, 11:48:22 am »
The I'm Not There DVD has a tribute to Heath on it.  It sounds like the perfect treatment of a film for its admirers.  Oh James Schamus, you could take a few notes from this...

http://www.joblo.com/dvdclinic/dvd_review.php?id=2087

Disc One:

Audio Commentary by Director/Co-Writer Todd Haynes: Haynes is non-stop in this commentary, offering valuable knowledge on Dylan’s history, the story’s origins, inspirations, character analysis, and much, much more. A few bits are repeated on Disc Two, but not nearly enough to skip this must-listen track.

On-Screen Song Lyrics, a Song Selection, and Sneak Peeks round out Disc One.

Disc Two:

Audition Tapes (4:35): Marcus Carl Franklin’s (Woodie Guthrie) and Ben Winshaw (Arthur Rimbaud)’s are included, intercut with corresponding footage from the film.

Deleted Scenes (2:08): There are two here: ‘Silver Club Bathroom,’ which puts us back into the Factory-esque atmosphere and ‘Mrs. Baker,’ an extra scene with Billy the Kid.

Alternate/Extended Scenes (19:20): All four are for the songs Tombstone Blues, Hattie Carroll, Goin’ to Acapulco, and Pressing On.

Outtakes (4:13) offers a goofy montage of line flubs, animal antics, Todd Haynes, and more.

A Tribute to Heath Ledger (3:15) is a heart-felt video of the late actor on set, backdropped with Dylan’s ‘Tomorrow is a Long Time.’

The Red Carpet Premiere (2:41) gathers Todd Haynes and his cast at the November 13, 2007 premiere in New York City.

Making the Soundtrack (21:03): Music producers John Henry, Lee Ranaldo (of Sonic Youth), director Todd Haynes, actor Marcus Carl Franklin, and others give an inside look at the evolution of the soundtrack. Along with other topics, the men provide insight on the talent involved, updating/choosing the songs, and the rare track ‘I’m Not There,’ which hadn’t been released until last year.

A Conversation with Todd Haynes (42:31): More of a series of conversations, the director sits down to discuss his film, devoting much of the time to dissecting each character. Despite the numerous press junkets covering the same topics (though there’s no overlapping in the featurette), Haynes is enthusiastic throughout, making the 40+ minutes breeze by.

Finally, the Dylanography hosts an interesting NY Times Magazine write-up titled ‘This is Not a Bob Dylan Movie,’ Todd Hayne’s one-page letter to Dylan proposing the idea of I’m Not There (which subsequently led to the film), Discography, Filmography, Bibliography, the Filmmaker’s Notebook (with notes and storyboards), and Still Galleries.

Rounding out Disc Two is a Trailer Gallery, with two theatricals and several unreleased ‘Subterranean Homesick Blues’-inspired trailers.

I'm Not There, one of the best films of 2007, is treated to an absolutely magnificent Two-Disc Collector's Edition, with an abundance of features and information to keep an Dylan fan occupied for hours on end. Those who hate Dylan? Rent Dreamgirls, I guess.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5209 on: May 16, 2008, 11:50:15 am »
I was thinking that the North Atlantic is like where Newfoundland is.  :)