Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3813058 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #6500 on: September 12, 2008, 08:25:11 am »
Thanks as always for the lovely pics.
Thanks for the articles as well

It is odd I was thinking only the other day, about the Oscars and wondering when nominations came round, whether TDK would be forgotten because all the hype would have died down. I am still ambivalent about it.
He should have got the Oscar for BBM when he was still here.
I remember his sister saying all he wanted was the recognition of his peers, none of the fame or any of the rest of it was important,

For me it willhurt so badly if he gets an Oscar now he's gone, and worse still to see someone else collect it. Ikeep thinking it will stop hurting but it doesn'e seem to.
First I thought well when TDK is out, it will be better,it wasn't because of his stellar performance.I hope now that once the Oscars and the Imaginarium are over, I  will finally start to feel better.How long do you mourn/miss someone you never knew.

At least here I feel safe.I commented on a youtube video about the terrible loss, and I got such a vicious pasting by someone.I cannot believe how vindictive and vicious some people can be.It  was bordering on venemous. No wonder the world is in such a state.

Offline carolina

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • it could be like this. just like this. always.
« Reply #6501 on: September 13, 2008, 12:41:50 am »
I am still ambivalent about it.
He should have got the Oscar for BBM when he was still here.
I remember his sister saying all he wanted was the recognition of his peers, none of the fame or any of the rest of it was important

I agree fully.  I almost feel it will be a little offensive to give him the nomination/win now, not that I wouldn't love it, but it will feel to me like the Academy is attempting to make up for the fact that he didn't win for BBM.  It's too late for them to correct that mistake, Heath's gone now and he won't be able to enjoy any of the recognition for this role.  It's especially sad to hear about just how much he valued the recognition of his peers, since he's receiving so much for TDK.  I guess the whole situation makes me angry all over again that he didn't win last time.

And to your other point, yes, people are incredibly cruel, and I'll never understand the need to criticize people or make them feel somehow guilty about being caring and sympathetic... It's like, sorry for being a caring human being, I know it's not in style these days.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #6502 on: September 13, 2008, 02:57:15 am »
Have a nice weekend Heathens :)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #6503 on: September 13, 2008, 04:53:10 am »
I can't stop looking at that one, Chrissilein.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6504 on: September 13, 2008, 05:26:52 am »
I can't stop looking at that one, Chrissilein.

Mornin lil darlin.
Missed ya the last mornings :-*

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6505 on: September 13, 2008, 09:31:09 am »
Have a nice weekend Heathens :)

Good morning, as always impeccable taste in Heath loveliness.His eyes in this one look like they hold a million tales.Heath has single handedly converted me to brown eyes.I was alsways a bit of a blue eyes girl.
It was Heath in AKT wot done it!!
 that was the  the start of my biggest crush since Rudloph Nuryev, big ballet nut..

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #6506 on: September 13, 2008, 04:53:05 pm »
Ledger's Five Leaves Opens

This summer came news of a Greenpoint bar called Five Leaves opening and being backed by Heath Ledger (and now by his estate). Urban Daddy has the latest, on the day of the unofficial opening, reporting that "the designer is the man behind Moto, Smith and Mills and Tailor ... The end effect is a bar that Thomas Edison might have built for his buddies. The handmade light fixtures are steel and wire concoctions that seem right out of a lab, and the bathroom door is a massive, '20s-era boiler room door. Even the walls are covered in what the owners call steel wallpaper." And coffee and spirits won't be all that's served; expect greenmarket goodies as well (like Sliced Radishes on Toast with Evans Farmhouse Butter). Tonight the place will be serving up friends and family only, and expected to be there are both Mary-Kate Olsen and Michelle Williams (awkward)—the rest of us are welcome to come next Wednesday, and the hours will be 8 a.m. to...midnight?

http://gothamist.com/2008/09/12/ledgers_five_leaves_opens.php

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #6507 on: September 13, 2008, 07:27:16 pm »
Thanks for the info, Elle.  Maybe John G. and I can get out there in the next few weeks.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6508 on: September 13, 2008, 11:18:19 pm »
I agree fully.  I almost feel it will be a little offensive to give him the nomination/win now, not that I wouldn't love it, but it will feel to me like the Academy is attempting to make up for the fact that he didn't win for BBM.  It's too late for them to correct that mistake, Heath's gone now and he won't be able to enjoy any of the recognition for this role.  It's especially sad to hear about just how much he valued the recognition of his peers, since he's receiving so much for TDK.  I guess the whole situation makes me angry all over again that he didn't win last time.

And to your other point, yes, people are incredibly cruel, and I'll never understand the need to criticize people or make them feel somehow guilty about being caring and sympathetic... It's like, sorry for being a caring human being, I know it's not in style these days.

You're not alone in that, carolina. To tell you the truth, I'm a bit uneasy and upset about the decision of giving him an Oscar nomination for him for the Joker role when he should've won for BBM a long time ago. I mean, the Joker has been around for a while but Ennis is a rare diamond in the rough. Don't get me wrong. He was excellent as the Joker BUT Ennis was his 'once in a lifetime role'. And it's very sad that he's not here to enjoy the praise everyone is giving him. And yes, I would agree that the Academy would've been doing that just to make up for the mistake in the past. Will, it still wouldn't correct it or bring him back. Once they mess up, it's done and it can never be undone. Plus, TDK, in my opinion, is one of the most OVERRATED movies ever! It's a great movie but it's TOO TOO TOO BIG, in a sense. I mean, calling it the best movie ever before movies like "The Godfather", "Lord of the Rings", "Wizard of Oz", and others is ridiculous. Yeah, but it's Heath's in the role and made it memorable. And that's all that matters.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6509 on: September 14, 2008, 03:10:09 am »
Is Chrissi sleeping in? I'll dig up a few oldies from my Photobucket...

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!