Author Topic: If Brokeback had a moral, what would it be?-- by fountainmoore  (Read 7728 times)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
If Brokeback had a moral, what would it be?   
  by fontainemoore      (Tue Jun 13 2006 12:51:07 )   
Ignore this User | Report Abuse   
Although this thread is intended for those who liked, loved, or found the movie valuable, I don't suppose there's much way to keep the others away--before the fact. I can try asking.

If you didn't like the movie or found it offensive, PLEASE do not respond.

Thank you.
Re: If Brokeback had a moral, what would it be?   
  by jshelby-1     (Tue Jun 13 2006 12:55:52 )   
I think the moral is honesty is the best policy - honesty to yourself and to others.

And of course, the cliche - tell people how you feel about them as much as you can because you never know when you might not have the chance.

"I wish I knew how to quit blaming Christians for everything homophobic!"
I think cliches are fine as morals   
  by fontainemoore      (Tue Jun 13 2006 13:28:28 )   
They tend to be cliches in the first place because they relate to some kind of universal human understanding or "truth" (that 99.9% of our DNA which is the same). They're just not okay in dialogue (or description in fiction) because they bore the audience rather than keep them on their toes. It's probably more a matter of appropriateness. IOW, please don't fret about having used a cliche. It was quite appropriate in this instance, IMO.
  by princess_of_eurothia     (Fri Jun 16 2006 22:06:04 )   
it;s really boring
That's hardly a moral   
  by fontainemoore      (Sat Jun 17 2006 08:51:36 )   
I'm not sure why you bothered posting.
  by VerdiGuy     (Tue Jun 13 2006 13:00:14 )   
I think Shakespeare said it best: "To thine own self be true."
  by clockworkgirl21      (Tue Jun 13 2006 13:05:32 )   
Ditto.

Go to www.youthrights.com and fight for our rights, damn it!
  by karan-13      (Tue Jun 13 2006 13:37:22 )   
I guess as the Tagline say`s `Love Is A Force Of Nature` , you can`t control who your gonna fall in love with , what you do once you find love , that is your decision .
  by featherlou     (Tue Jun 13 2006 13:53:42 )   
Good question. I think the moral would be, "Don't let fear rule your life." Ennis lived his life in fear, denying himself happiness, and the thing he feared most happened anyway, so instead of a lifetime of memories with Jack to comfort him, he has a lifetime of regret to keep him warm at night. Damn, it's no wonder this movie made me sob like a child who just dropped his ice cream. :)
  by bsee13     (Thu Jun 22 2006 16:33:25 )   
Feather
We are so much on the same page with this movie. Everybody I talked to about this movie i have said its about letting 'fear run or ruin your life'. That is one of the reason this movie can appeal to so many people.
  by wayne1932-1     (Tue Jun 13 2006 13:58:31 )   
<<<you can`t control who your gonna fall in love with>>>

I disagree with this. I spent the first 29 years of my life with the reallization that my primary attraction was to other men. My homophobic environment would not let me be "true to mine own self." When I found my self becoming emotionally tied to a male friend I would back off. I lost several good friends because I knew contimuing would bring me grief, or result in their loss anyway. I just never felt particularly attracted to women.

I did get married and it has lasted for 43 years. Mostly they have been happy ones, but the "what ifs" still come back to haunt me more often than I would like. Brokeback Mountain opened up a lot of corners in my mind that I wish were still shut off.

But the movie to me opens up a question-- what is LOVE? Loving someone is not the same as being IN LOVE. I love my wife, but I know there are lots of things I can't be open with her about. I'm a classic example of --get married to a good woman and it's all gonna go away. WRONG!!!!!
[Post deleted]   
UPDATED Tue Jun 13 2006 14:13:01
This message has been deleted by an administrator
Morals are from the author to the viewer   
  by fontainemoore      (Tue Jun 13 2006 14:25:41 )   
Characters are simply a vehicle to convey it. They're one among many. The moral is what the author/s (in this case the screenwriters) want the audience to take away from the work.

Personally, I agree with you. I think the movie's moral is to encourage people to examine what they've been taught they should do vs. what is right for them--what is truly inside their heart and soul.
Re: Morals are from the author to the viewer   
  by BannerHill     (Tue Jun 13 2006 14:46:53 )   
Good Question

Guess what? There IS no moral.

This film tells a story. Period. People take from it what they will.

Some people might say to thine own self be true. Some people might say engage in gay sex and you are doomed. Some people might say 'get over your fears' Some people might say 'don't give in to your carnal desires because therin lies the devil".

The brilliant thing about this film is that many people care about the characters, and they all walk away with their own very personal experience.
  by featherlou     (Tue Jun 13 2006 16:32:13 )   
I think another moral of the story is choices and consequences. I don't think anybody in the story was an innocent victim, with the possible exception of the two women. Ennis and Jack both made choices and had to live with the consequences, right or wrong.
[Post deleted]   
  by kthstewart     (Thu Jun 15 2006 02:35:56 )   
I don't think Lureen was that innocent. She was the predator who seduced Jack in the backseat of her car after they left the saloon. She called most of the shots between herself and Jack except his going to Wyoming two or three times a year while Ennis never came down to Texas.
  by karan-13      (Wed Jun 14 2006 06:51:45 )   
I see what your saying wayne,
But `Being True To Mine Own Self`, is going with what you feel , what is right for you , not being able to control who you fall in love with , means whether you go with your feelings or not , you still have these said feelings inside you , so in effect you can`t control them.
You backed off from your male friend due to fear from your enviroment { understandably }, so you had feelings of love for him which you couldn`t control , you made the choice not to go with them and try and `Fit In` with what people around you expected , marriage with a woman.

I`m sorry your life went this way , and i can see why you did get married , i am glad your marriage has bought you some good times , even though in your regret you know deep inside your True Love and soulmate , would of been with another man , this is exactly what i mean , even now you cannot control your feelings , no one can , they always creep up to the surface.

I believe we all have that one special person { true love , soulmate, if you like } this person most of us never find , so we do settle for comfort , reliability sometimes, but i think with this one person you are completed in everyway , you think and feel as one , you bring out good and bad and yourselves in each other , there is nothing you can not say or do together.
I have nothing to back this up but i believe it , i have settled with things in my life , more probably as security for my children , i have at times walked away from feelings i regret not going with , it is very hard when they resurface , much love to you. xx kaz
Is this real or is it a myth?   
  by fontainemoore      (Wed Jun 14 2006 07:11:33 )   
I've often wondered about it. Certainly it's something people long for but does it really exist outside of stories?

Personally, I think the experience of feeling complete occurs more from finding your passion in relation to the world and following it, whether that is singing, carpentry, becoming a Civil War buff, or whatever. But as soon as you depend on another person for a feeling for completeness it puts a terrible responsibility on them. That doesn't feel right to me, somehow.

Bottom line, I know that people long for a "soulmate" but perhaps it's merely nature's way of ensuring propogation of the species. Maybe the real soulmate is what's in your own heart.
Re: Is this real or is it a myth?   
  by featherlou     (Wed Jun 14 2006 07:50:48 )   
Great points, fontainemoore. I think the idea of Hollywood love has caused a lot of harm to people. I don't believe in the idea of one true love for everyone - I think there is a spectrum of compatibility. There are lots of people in the world who fit my spectrum of compatibility; if I hadn't met my husband, who is really high on my spectrum, I would have met someone else who was as high, or maybe not quite as high, but still plenty high to share a happy life with. I hate to think of people turning away a good relationship because it doesn't match their idea of love developed from watching movies and television.
Writing that gave me some insight   
  by fontainemoore      (Wed Jun 14 2006 08:08:37 )   
I just posted a new thread you might enjoy.

I liked your analogy of a spectrum of compatibility and believe it's the compatibility that's key. In a relationship you have to have common goals. After being divorced for 35 years, my ex-husband and I are still friendly and always have been. And we were married for less than a year. I think we've done much better than most people married a lot longer. I've always thought it foolish to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Keep the baby, just change the water!

We've always gotten along extremely well but had very different goals of what we wanted out of life. We just didn't have many common interests despite getting along so well. That's not a good basis for a long-term committed relationship.
[Post deleted]   
This message has been deleted by the poster
  by samrim-1      (Tue Jun 13 2006 16:05:30 )   
I love ole Brokeback from my heart. I've lived a lie for almost seventy years, and am left with little but a worshipful love of the Truth; how's that for a contradiction! Spending one's life worrying about what others might think is a pointless exercise. Forgive the spelling but, "Carpe Deum", seize the day! I'm not a total Robin Williams fan, but in this he was good! Best Wishes all

Sam
[Post deleted]   
  by mandasi     (Tue Jun 13 2006 18:29:46 )   
Good question, and nice posts that followed it.
  by revolution-hk     (Tue Jun 13 2006 18:39:11 )   
Be honest to your heart, I think.

- Sorry for the poor grammar.
Your grammar is fine and your meaning is clear   
  by fontainemoore      (Tue Jun 13 2006 21:11:17 )   
There are many ways your idea can be stated. Two of the most common would probably be, "Be true (or faithful) to your heart."

My French friends laugh because I speak it just like I speak English. Once I tried to say I was full from eating too much, but instead, said "I'm a pregnant cow!" Apparently, a "full" glass and a "full" person require totally different words! Needless to say, my friends got a big laugh out of that one!
[Post deleted]   
[Post deleted]   
I'm a pregnant cow! LOL   
  by fontainemoore      (Tue Jun 13 2006 22:32:22 )   
To say that "the glass if full" you'd say, "Le verre est plein." So, I said, "Je suis plein." However, plein, when related to animals (inlcuding human ones), refers to pregnant cows. To say I'm am full (from eating), according to my friends, the correct expression would be, "Je suis razazzier" which translates closer to "I am satiated."

Language does tend to disappear when not used, but interestingly, does seem to come back when you're in the country. Words you thought you'd forgotten pop into your mind.

People are also willing to help you when you get stuck--even the French! They just get annoyed when people don't make the effort and when they don't bother trying to use a decent accent. Sound is VERY important in French, as you probably know. During the four months I lived in Paris, I don't ever recall anyone being rude to me. And the French are supposed to be the rudest in Paris.

Interestingly, no one thought I was American. Most thought I was Dutch!
[Post deleted]   
UPDATED Tue Jun 13 2006 22:43:18
I'm with Miss Marple   
  by fontainemoore      (Wed Jun 14 2006 06:56:29 )   
Human nature is much the same everywhere. One finds both good and not so good people in every spot on earth, I have no doubt.

I've actually been to Holland but a long time ago--Amsterdam. While a charming city, I also found it a little bleak, climate-wise. Ah, I"m missing Europe just thinking about it. But I'm sure I'd be shocked at the changes I'd find.

What a long way we've come from discussing the moral of Brokeback Mountain. Mmmm... maybe not so far. It doesn't matter where you go or when. There will always be people who choose the socially-dictated (the "responsible") path over the calling of their heart. For good or bad.

If you take a look at all the Academy-nominated films this year, they all had to do with "bullying" by society and the way it affects individuals. And look at what's going on in our society these days. Velly intelesting!
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
Re: If Brokeback had a moral, what would it be?-- by fountainmoore
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 08:23:17 am »
Re: poll/sheep+sex   
  by spiceylife     (Sat Jan 6 2007 07:57:35 )   
It's not fair! You ladies and your mulitple O's. Us guys have to work just to have one and some guy flutters his eyes at you and you have a dozen.

Lol, Dave! To get our 'guns goin off' 12 times, that guy would have to do a heck of a lot more than just flutter his eyelids at us, unless he's Jake... 

And down the waterfall, wherever it may take me...
I'm loving angels instead
  by daphne7661      (Sat Jan 6 2007 09:09:20 )   
Yes, spiceylife!

Here's MY reality (or, I guess I should say MY fantasy, of multiple O's, and I'll use the "dozen" number (God, I'm tired just writing that):

Staring Number: 12

Looking at Jake in a Photo: -1
Looking at Jake on Screen: -2
Looking at Jake in Same Room: -3

Actual, Honest to God, Sex with Jake:   

Whew! I'm exhausted, but 

...Nice to know ya, Ennis del Mar...
  by norway-jm      (Sat Jan 6 2007 09:17:57 )   
Am I the only one here who prefers Heath? I saw him in "10 Things I Hate About You" (I'm a sucker for anything remotely Shakespeare) and felt an enormous THUD the second he hit the screen. I stumbled home and went straight for the internet and found he was... NINETEEN YEARS OLD. (Oh my God! I'm Mary Kay Letourneau!!!) But I didn't care. I was hopelessly in lust.

Jake, I didn't fully appreciate until "The Good Girl," and I wanted to kill Jennifer Aniston's character. He was the most adorable, precious thing. I would have run off with him in a heartbeat. So he joined my pantheon of boyfriends.
  by Shasta254     (Sat Jan 6 2007 09:21:00 )   
(Oh my God! I'm Mary Kay Letourneau!!!)

LOL. Not quite---19 (unlike 12) would be legal---barely, but legal, nonetheless.

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"
  by norway-jm      (Sat Jan 6 2007 09:23:50 )   
I was 36 at the time. LOL
  by daphne7661      (Sat Jan 6 2007 09:29:52 )   
LOL, norway-jm. I feel Mary Kay Letourneau, too!!! But with Jake in mind.

No, you are not the only one who prefers Heath! There are many out there, including my 75 years-young mom!!! She ADORES Heath -- thinks he is about the most handsome, soulful, sexy creature ever created. She was so funny the other day when I told her that I had read that Heath & Michelle had obtained a marriage license in NY (not married yet as far as I know). She said she was so upset that she was "breaking up" with him. She was jesting, of course, but she really does LOVE him. In fact, she is the only other person in my 'real' life who loves BBM almost as much as I do. She says when she watches Heath in TS2 that she can see clear into his soul. She cries every time she watches it.

While my heart belongs to Jake, Heath is adorable. I love his brown eyes, and I adore him in "A Knight's Tale" and "Monster's Ball".

Here's a great pic of Heath:

http://actors.pick2web.com/pics/989930/heathledger.jpg

Don't you just love Jake, though, in "The Good Girl"? I think he was brilliant!!! His character does become dark and scary, but there is a part in that film, a line which Jake delivers, which make me flat out belly laugh!!!!

by norway-jm      (Sat Jan 6 2007 09:34:45 )   
Your mom is a smart lady with excellent taste. 

Heath and Michelle live about 15 minutes away from me. Actually I'm heading over there (Brooklyn, not their house!!) tomorrow for a friend's birthday dinner so I will soak up some Heath aura for your mom.
  by daphne7661      (Sat Jan 6 2007 09:43:07 )   
Thanks norway-jm. I will tell her; she will be very appreciative!

by Shasta254     (Sat Jan 6 2007 09:46:53 )   
What's the line?

Re: poll/sheep+sex - a SPOILER of SORTS   
  by daphne7661      (Sat Jan 6 2007 11:06:49 )   
Shasta, the line is when Holden gets in the car and surprises Justine. He has been drinking and crying and he has just witnessed her in bed with the husband's friend.

In his pain and stupor, he calls Justine "a hoooookeR" (I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that point, he's so hurt, but adorable). Justine tries to calm him down and explain as best she can what really happened and she says, "Holden, I am not a hooker. Now, you need to calm down!"

Holden (Jake), very emotional and crying and slobbering, says, "I AM CALM!! Easy if I was a hooker like you, I could CALM DOWN ALL OVER TOWN..."

It doesn't look that funny in print, but Jake's delivery, in this particular scene, is PERFECT!!!!!

by Shasta254     (Sat Jan 6 2007 11:19:55 )   

LOL--It DOES sound funny! I am going to have to watch " The Good Girl".

by daphne7661      (Sat Jan 6 2007 19:59:21 )   
Hi Shasta,

Next to BBM, The Good Girl is my favorite Jake movie!!!!

Rent it; I think you'll really like it....

Daphne

by spiceylife     (Sat Jan 6 2007 11:17:56 )   
Am I the only one here who prefers Heath?

Not at all, norway-jm. I'm a Heathen from way back. Always have been, always will be. It's just that I've come to appreciate Jake a lot more since Brokeback. He's grown into an extremely handsome man, and he appears to be a lovely person, too. So basically I'd be happy with both/either of them! (Both would make my new PB 12!)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/sexysuperstar/YUMHeathJakeYUM.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/sexysuperstar/heath555.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/sexysuperstar/normal_brokebackphotocall049.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/sexysuperstar/Heath17.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/sexysuperstar/sg_ledger.jpg

If I absolutely had to choose, I would still pick Heath. His eyes draw me in. He fascinates me.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/sexysuperstar/patriotheathinbed.jpg

by daphne7661      (Sat Jan 6 2007 11:23:28 )   
Oh, spicey! I love your second and fourth photos - is he crying in the fourth?

And that last one! Holy Cow! In certain photos, Heath's lips look so perfectly inviting!!! Whenever I catch those ones, I feel like "Jack" has taken over my body, and I need to kiss him (i.e. TS2)!!

by spiceylife     (Sat Jan 6 2007 11:45:34 )   
Thanks, Daphne. No, he's not crying. I think the camera is reflecting the lights in his eye. I have a better shot of this somewhere, but can't find it right now. His eye in that one looks just perfect. No reflection. I'll try to find it tomorrow.

And 3 is an excellent PB, daphne!  Keep striving...!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/sexysuperstar/jakesurftongue.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/sexysuperstar/Jakewithdogsandexposure.jpg

by Shasta254     (Sat Jan 6 2007 12:20:32 )   
Spiceylife--I have never seen the "crack" shot! How cute! Thanks.

by spiceylife     (Sat Jan 6 2007 13:43:55 )   
You're welcome, Shasta. He must wear hipsters and when you bend over like that, there's always a bit of 'crack' showing until you hoist 'em up again. I wear hipster jeans, and they're awkward to bend over or crouch down in. Supermarket shopping on the low shelves is 'breezy', to say the least. Jake needs hipster underwear, though!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/sexysuperstar/Jakewithdog1.jpg

by daphne7661      (Sat Jan 6 2007 19:50:49 )   
UPDATED Sat Jan 6 2007 19:57:22
Ohhh, spicey!!!! THANK YOU FOR THIS:

I feel another desktop background 'coming' on, and I wish I was that board...

Whoops, did I just say that out loud?!

by spiceylife     (Tue Jan 9 2007 09:49:35 )   
Ohhh, spicey!!!! THANK YOU FOR THIS:

I feel another desktop background 'coming' on, and I wish I was that board...

Whoops, did I just say that out loud?!

:) daphne! You're welcome - one more for you :-

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/sexysuperstar/Jakeassurfingdude.jpg

It's times like these you learn to live again
It's times like these you give and give again
  by malina-5     (Sat Jan 6 2007 16:29:48 )   
oooh. that last photo where he looks like he's just waking up. I never considered myself a Heathen.. but I may change my mind. Specially with all that O-talk I just read through that I missed last night. Oh my goodness. Just looked at it again. I want to hop into the bed with him. Of course I do. I'm sure practically everyone who sees that picture does.

Bring light into darkness
  by daphne7661      (Sat Jan 6 2007 19:44:22 )   
you see, malina, what soul sisters we are! I llllooooooovvveeee that last one of Heath in bed. I want to snuggle right up to him!!!

WoWee!!!!!!

by ScissorhandsRaineyluv     (Sat Jan 6 2007 17:05:46 )   
Spiceylife, that last picture of Heath...*THUD*!

"Should he tell her? Should he not tell her? He's torn, Georgie. This is drama." Ed Wood
  by spiceylife     (Tue Jan 9 2007 09:37:54 )   

I know, Scissorhands, it's a personal favorite of mine, too. Those eyes...

by berit-6     (Sat Jan 6 2007 15:40:34 )   
Oh no, you're not!
  by jaaguir     (Sun Jan 7 2007 11:14:36 )   
I always preferred Heath. Also I must admit I had seen much more of him than Jake's. But he is more my type anyway.

Now I find I have kind of warmed up to Jake too, over time. But still I find Jake sweet in a kind of cuddly-bear way, whereas with Heath is a more sexual and passionate thing.
  by spiceylife     (Sat Jan 6 2007 09:58:49 )   
Actual, Honest to God, Sex with Jake:       

OMG, Daphne - 6 times? My PB stands at 4, but if Jake was involved, I guess all bets are off. With this face taking part in proceedings :-

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/sexysuperstar/JackLureenbackseat.jpg

a new PB of 6 might not be out of the question...

by Shasta254     (Sat Jan 6 2007 10:15:59 )   
Haha---I thought what the ???? is PB?? I knew what O was, but PB?? Peanut Butter, Puss n Boots, Pulse bumps, LOL. I finally figured out---Personal Best??

What are ya'll trying to DO!!!!??? Posting pics of Jack horizontal with his tongue out and Heath with those curly blonde locks!!! Very distracting. VERY.

I'm gonna say my PB was 7, but it could've been more. I was getting so overstimulated that I had to muster all the strength I had left and put a stop to it!!! HAHA OMG---I did not say that. Really that's probably a lie. Please disregard.   Don't. Stop. Don't. Stop. Don't stop!!!!

by spiceylife     (Sat Jan 6 2007 10:49:45 )   
We're sports mad in Australia, Shasta. We keep score of EVERYTHING. Lol.

Yes, Personal Best. I've never had a Puss in Boots of 6.  That I know of.

by daphne7661      (Sat Jan 6 2007 10:57:53 )   
spiceylife & shasta, you both have my cracking up here!!!!

Peanut Butter - oh my, that would be quite messy!!

Actually, my personal best is much less than 6 -- only 3!!

But I strive for 3 more if only I could get in touch with Jake!

I'm certain that would do it!!! Yup!!!

by JaJasMa     (Sat Jan 6 2007 19:41:24 )   
[Don't. Stop. Don't. Stop. Don't stop!!!!] My kids want to know why I'm sitting at my computer laughing out loud!

And move over, would you, there's not enough room in that bed for all of you, me AND Heath! Honestly I've always been a Jake fan but that last picture of Heath in bed was to die for. Do you think we could have them both at once?

Not to get off topic, but Spicey, do you have a picture of the Dozy Embrace? I'd love to have it for my "favorites." Thanks!

by malina-5     (Sat Jan 6 2007 19:58:36 )   
<<Do you think we could have them both at once? >>

When we die and go to heaven.
But how about this?
1. position your bed between two walls.
2. poster size sleepytime Heath on one wall.
3. similar shot of Jake on the other wall (sheets the same color if possible for continuity).
4. crawl into bed between them, with subtle mood lighting.
5. may not get much sleep though. but perhaps help w/ the multiple-O's?

by daphne7661      (Sat Jan 6 2007 20:01:39 )   
When we die and go to heaven.
But how about this?
3. similar shot of Jake on the other wall (sheets the same color if possible for continuity).

malina, I can try this, but I think I would end up having to dial 9-1-1!!!

by Shasta254     (Sat Jan 6 2007 20:09:25 )   

I like your 5-step program, Malina. 

by Shasta254     (Sat Jan 6 2007 20:17:39 )   
Here are some of the ones from the screencaps, JaJasMa--Spiceylife probably has some different ones.

http://stripedwall.com/cpg/displayimage.php?album=182&pos=17

http://stripedwall.com/cpg/displayimage.php?album=182&pos=11

http://stripedwall.com/cpg/displayimage.php?album=182&pos=49

by daphne7661      (Sat Jan 6 2007 20:21:08 )   
SHASTA!!! That last one popped up and I think I suffered a small stroke!!!

And, God, just looking at that picture of those two together melts me into a puddle!!!

by Shasta254     (Sat Jan 6 2007 20:29:26 )   
Well, it's only natural to be affected. He is only the most Jake-a-licious man in the universe after all.

by norway-jm      (Sat Jan 6 2007 20:32:00 )   
Could they BE any cuter together? Seriously, they are such an adorable couple. (I know, duh)
  by Shasta254     (Sat Jan 6 2007 20:37:43 )   
Agreed, Norway-jm. Perfect casting---PERFECT!!

by daphne7661      (Sat Jan 6 2007 20:40:20 )   
Could they BE any cuter together? Seriously, they are such an adorable couple. (I know, duh)

I totally agree. Whenever I look at them - either in the movie or in a clip or on a talk show together or in a picture - I just shake my head and say that they are the most beautifully matched, perfectly adorable couple I have ever seen.

Their chemistry cannot be challenged - in another universe somewhere, they are together! I know it.

by JaJasMa     (Sat Jan 6 2007 21:04:21 )   
[I totally agree. Whenever I look at them - either in the movie or in a clip or on a talk show together or in a picture - I just shake my head and say that they are the most beautifully matched, perfectly adorable couple I have ever seen.
Their chemistry cannot be challenged - in another universe somewhere, they are together! I know it.]

I know. Excuse me for saying this but who was that dumbass who started the thread about Jake being miscast? Who can look at this picture and think they were miscast?

http://www.stripedwall.com/cpg/displayimage.php?album=182&pos=11

(WHY doesn't it underline for me when I paste it?)
Thanks again, Shasta!
  by daphne7661      (Sat Jan 6 2007 21:07:34 )   
JaJasMa, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, eight months strong, and I still feel totally in love with them - as a couple! I've never had this experience before, but, there I said it. I am in love with Jack & Ennis - together, as a couple!

They're beautiful to me. They are beauty. Pure and True.

by Shasta254     (Sat Jan 6 2007 21:14:15 )   
UPDATED Sat Jan 6 2007 21:16:56
JaJasMa---put [url] at the beginning of the address
and then at the end of it put the same thing, except before url put a /

Don't forget the brackets.

Then your address will be clickable! :)

Re: pictures   
  by JaJasMa     (Sat Jan 6 2007 21:27:01 )   
Thanks again, Shasta. I'm turning in now. Have a good night.
  by JaJasMa     (Sat Jan 6 2007 21:23:58 )   
[They're beautiful to me. They are beauty. Pure and True.]

You know, I think I finally get it, Daphne. I've seen all these beautiful pictures of our Jake and for me, he is his most beautuful in the BBM pictures. I suppose the reason is what you said above so I think I've really taken to heart Annie Proulx's line, "you can't have Ennis without Jack.."(or vice-versa)
I fell in love with THEM, too (of course the fact that they're both GORGEOUS doesn't hurt)!
  by Shasta254     (Sat Jan 6 2007 21:27:36 )   
OT---Like Rontrigger suggested---is there really an OT in this thread??

Anyway---HOW---HOW could you possibly give this up?? I can't even wrap my mind around the concept. It would be like making it to heaven and saying, naw, I'm moving on to a bigger and better place. NO WAY.

http://www.movie-infos.net/galerie_details.php?image_id=3714

by daphne7661      (Sat Jan 6 2007 21:31:55 )   
Shasta, I .. I .. I .. can't even comprehend. Nope. Can't do it!!!

by daphne7661      (Sat Jan 6 2007 21:29:18 )   
You know, I think I finally get it, Daphne. I've seen all these beautiful pictures of our Jake and for me, he is his most beautuful in the BBM pictures. I suppose the reason is what you said above so I think I've really taken to heart Annie Proulx's line, "you can't have Ennis without Jack.."(or vice-versa) I fell in love with THEM, too (of course the fact that they're both GORGEOUS doesn't hurt)!

You've got it JaJasMa! You've got it!!!

Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
Re: If Brokeback had a moral, what would it be?-- by fountainmoore
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 08:24:11 am »
  by malina-5     (Sat Jan 6 2007 20:41:50 )   
ohhh.. that last one, when he's watching Ennis ride away. He looks so dozy and in love. Is this not the most beautiful man ever?

by daphne7661      (Sat Jan 6 2007 20:44:09 )   
Is this not the most beautiful man ever?

by Shasta254     (Sat Jan 6 2007 20:55:56 )   
Yes he is--and he can "flick" better than any other "flicker" I know!!

From "Ode to the Buckle Flick":

http://stripedwall.com/cpg/displayimage.php?album=170&pos=519

by JaJasMa     (Sat Jan 6 2007 20:54:12 )   
Shasta - Thank you SOOOOOO much! These are in my favorites now. Those puppy dog eyes of Jake's just kill me. Those lips..There isn't anything of his I wouldn't want to kiss. Am I sounding like Daphne and Malina now?
  by Shasta254     (Sat Jan 6 2007 20:58:31 )   
You are definitely sounding like them---you have the bug!!!!

You may already know this, but if you click on the screencap, the picture gets bigger. :)

by malina-5     (Sat Jan 6 2007 21:07:15 )   
<<Those lips..There isn't anything of his I wouldn't want to kiss.>>

No, there really isn't anything, is there? Because it's all part of Jake. Jakey jakey jake. And he's delicious. I want to lick the corners of his lips when he does that half-smile.

<<Am I sounding like Daphne and Malina now? >>

yeah, pretty close!
I love how this thread has meandered and now it is a Jake-out session.

by daphne7661      (Sat Jan 6 2007 21:11:28 )   
I want to lick the corners of his lips when he does that half-smile.

Ohhh, malina! You take one side, and I'll take the other.

Those corners remind me of a dolphin's "smile" -- I love that his lips do that!

by malina-5     (Sat Jan 6 2007 21:37:42 )   
<<I love that his lips do that! >>

Like the way his lips are in that last image Shasta posted, where he's watching Ennis ride away after the dozy embrace. He looks so sleepy and blissed out, Ennis could've come back and done anything at all to him, as long as it was with warm and soft touches (so as not to jar him awake too much). He could, for instance, have taken Jack's face into his hands and s l o w l y licked his lips from one corner to the other, and that would melt imperceptibly into a kiss, so that Jack would respond almost without noticing or waking when he felt Ennis's whole tongue in his mouth.

But if I were Ennis, I wouldn't leave Jack just standing there by the fire. He looks too sleepy to be trusted putting himself to bed. He looks like he needs to be led over to the tent, undressed, the blankets swaddled around him. But then he might get cold without his clothes until the bedroll warms up. So the only responsible thing for the sheepherder to do would be to take his own clothes off and warm up the camp tender, maybe by lying right on top of him, for maximum skin on skin, belly against belly, feeling each other breathe, arms twined around each other, maybe breathing into Jack's shoulder to keep it warm, then raising his head to give him one more kiss on each corner of his lips.

That's kind of what that picture makes me think of.

by Shasta254     (Sat Jan 6 2007 21:40:34 )   
UPDATED Sat Jan 6 2007 21:46:02
Well, holy geez, Malina. Who can sleep now??

Graphic and exciting!!!!!

by malina-5     (Sat Jan 6 2007 21:46:39 )   
<<Who can sleep now?? >>

but it was meant to be a sleepytime, sweet dreams sort of story! To sleep, perchance to dream..

y'know what? I've had a house full of people and very short sleeps for the past two days. Now everyone is gone, even my daughter .. and I maaayy just go to bed and watch BBM! To make up for not having watched it on New Years.

by dav0001     (Sat Jan 6 2007 21:47:40 )   

Good God!!! You bunch of horny boads! Not that I blame you, mind you. Them's two hot men. Is this how women talk when they get together? Geez, and I thoght guys were bad. Ya'll sound like some romance novel. Better watch it, you're going to get a bad case of the vapors.
  by Shasta254     (Sat Jan 6 2007 21:49:36 )   
We're wild tonight, Dav0001 !! 

by dav0001     (Sat Jan 6 2007 22:05:55 )   

So I see!! Well, as they say..You go girls!!!!
  by JaJasMa     (Sun Jan 7 2007 12:24:19 )   
[You bunch of horny broads! Not that I blame you, mind you.]

Drmgrl469 started it, Mommy, I swear!
  by daphne7661      (Sat Jan 6 2007 22:18:58 )   
You just HAD to throw the belly on belly in there, didn't you malina??!!!!

I think you're trying to KILL me, love!!!

by norway-jm      (Sat Jan 6 2007 22:22:09 )   
...and the heads of our homophobic troll regulars simultaneously explode.
  by daphne7661      (Sat Jan 6 2007 22:26:07 )   
You know it...don't mess with us girls and our love affair with Jack & Ennis!!!

We are ever-powerful!!!!

by malina-5     (Sat Jan 6 2007 23:23:01 )   
<<You just HAD to throw the belly on belly in there, didn't you malina??!!!! >>

Specially for you, sweetness.

But imagine this, too - Jack looks all warm and cozy in nice fleecy coat in front of the fire, and if Ennis had come up behind him again and put his arms around Jack's waist, and slipped his hands inside Jack's coat and then under his shirt, his belly would be all nice and smooth and sleepy-warm, wouldn't it? And that's rather a nice thing too. Again, all nice, gentle warm touches. He'd want to let Jack stay dozy and tranced..

Okay, I'm sorry. I will stop now. I'm going to bed and will perchance think of a story for J w/ E upon awakening, it feels like about time.

by dav0001     (Sun Jan 7 2007 01:11:34 )   
Alright all you randy ladies out there..check out the thread..a tribute to BBM. Lots of good threads on it. Start with the very last one though. That's the one with shots of Jake and Heath that will have you swooning.
  by daphne7661      (Sun Jan 7 2007 07:14:29 )   
if Ennis had come up behind him again and put his arms around Jack's waist, and slipped his hands inside Jack's coat and then under his shirt, his belly would be all nice and smooth and sleepy-warm, wouldn't it? And that's rather a nice thing too.

Mmmmmmmm.....

Is there an emoticon which shows daphne melting into liquid and running in a stream slowly down the thread?

No? OK, well, then.....

by spiceylife     (Tue Jan 9 2007 09:31:07 )   
And move over, would you, there's not enough room in that bed for all of you, me AND Heath! Honestly I've always been a Jake fan but that last picture of Heath in bed was to die for. Do you think we could have them both at once?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/sexysuperstar/patriotheathinbed.jpg

By the look on Heath's face, I think he's just seen a herd of horny women from IMDb stampeding towards him, about to jump his bones, and he's wondering how he'll make it through this day. 

Not to get off topic, but Spicey, do you have a picture of the Dozy Embrace? I'd love to have it for my "favorites." Thanks!

Hey, JaJasMa! Sorry, I missed this earlier - haven't really been on the last day or so. I think Shasta (?) posted some pics for you already, which is great. These might be the same, but have a look anyway, if you want. The first one is cute. It's animated, so you can see Jack's head falling forward as Ennis holds him, and they sway a little :)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/sexysuperstar/jake3.gif

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/sexysuperstar/bbmheader39et.png

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/sexysuperstar/flashback.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/sexysuperstar/068_zkrocena_hora.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/sexysuperstar/075_zkrocena_hora.jpg

The last one is my favorite as it's the one Heath signed for me. 

Lol! Obsession, anyone?

by Dancing_Bear     (Tue Jan 9 2007 16:58:16 )   
Oh Spiceylife,

those pictures of the dozy embrace are so sweet, I loved them. I love the pictures of Heath, although I know most everyone here salivates for Jake. Thank you!

[Post deleted]   
  by JaJasMa     (Tue Jan 9 2007 19:42:38 )   
Spicey -Thank you, these are wonderful and they made my night!

by LauraGigs     (Tue Jan 9 2007 20:13:18 )   
UPDATED Tue Jan 9 2007 21:29:25
Man!!! Where have I been all this thread??? I love it, everybody!   

Only thing I found a bummer was the link to pics of Jake with Kirsten. (Ugh! Out, damned spot!) I'm like Ennis in reverse: I can handle Jake with a guy (mmmmm) but a chick? I get so jealous!!

But I'm like some others on this thread — a Heathen at heart. If I met Jake I could probably hold myself together. . . (not lose too much dignity) but Heath. . . Oh. My. Gawd. Talk about a quivering puddle of fear and desire. . . Whew!!!

Speaking of jealousy, I'm so envious of gay men!! To know exactly how to pleasure each other. To be able to get together without the "is this moving too fast/will he think I'm easy" hangups. Gawd that must be cool . . .
  by dav0001     (Tue Jan 9 2007 22:17:58 )   

Yeah, it is kind of fun..
  by malina-5     (Sat Jan 6 2007 16:18:41 )   
<<So that brings me to my next question:in the movie in TS1, did Jack or didn't he? >>

Annie thought so. "Gun's goin' OFF"

by malina-5     (Sat Jan 6 2007 16:17:00 )   
Dear Fascinated (aka Daphne)-
thank you for asking the question, and to all who answered it. I must be really naive. It never even occured to me that such a thing was possible, until I read Belgianboy. And even then, I was thinking, fact or fiction, fact or fiction? Fact. Fascinating. Truly fascinating, and it makes me happy to know it (albeit a bit jealous too).

by Rontrigger     (Sat Jan 6 2007 17:01:30 )   
I'm amazed at the length, and breadth of purpose, of this thread after just 2 days.

We've gone from educating the OP about male/male orgasms to multiple female orgasms to (I think) still another discussion about Jake (and one about Heath).

Is there nothing that would be OT on this thread? (Hehe)

"You can't have Ennis without Jack."--Annie Proulx
  by Shasta254     (Sat Jan 6 2007 17:12:42 )   
LOL Rontrigger---the heading is so unique--we are mysteriously drawn to it. Thanks to the OP, Dreamgrl1469!!

A nice, life-sized poster of that one would be heavenly, huh, ScissorhandsRaineyLuv???   

by malina-5     (Sat Jan 6 2007 18:12:08 )   
<<A nice, life-sized poster of that one would be heavenly>>

and i know just where i would hang it.

multi-Os are real, PCL. (Kind of like Yes, Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus.)

I am rather more fascinated by the male thing that was being discussed yesterday. The O w/out frontal stimulation. Now, am I correct in thinking that that's only a possibility for men? Is it because of the prostate gland, which women (I'm pretty sure) don't have?

by pianocellolove     (Sat Jan 6 2007 17:24:30 )   
Me too Ron! 

I loved Heath the first time I saw him. That multiple orgasm issue still has me wondering.
Don't think I will ever understand the possibility of that happening.

You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt
  by Shasta254     (Sat Jan 6 2007 17:34:01 )   
Check your PM in a minute, PCL. 

by dav0001     (Sat Jan 6 2007 19:03:34 )   

Okay, I'd say we've beaten the female multiple "O" to death here, so next let's try this one. How many times has a man you've been with had the big "O" in one session? I was with this guy once and he went for five big ones in about two hours. Now that's a hard record to break. One of the reasons was because I introduced him to having his toes licked and it drove him wild.
  by JaJasMa     (Sat Jan 6 2007 19:55:32 )   
[How many times has a man you've been with had the big "O" in one session?]

Dav001 - I can't remember setting any records in this department. My husband falls asleep after one (oops, did I just say that)?
  by berit-6     (Sun Jan 7 2007 13:49:54 )   
My happy, horny husband tryes for at least two! And he is over 50! Getting older can be very nice!!
  by Shasta254     (Sun Jan 7 2007 17:44:05 )   
Lucky Berit-6! :)

by berit-6     (Sun Jan 7 2007 23:43:46 )   
Oh yes, I am!!
  by norway-jm      (Mon Jan 8 2007 18:37:17 )   
bump to push down spammer
[Post deleted]   
[Post deleted]   
[Post deleted]   
  by Rontrigger     (Sun Jan 7 2007 18:19:24 )   
I think there have been another 50 posts or so since I last checked this thread yesterday. I have my answer--nothing is OT on this thread!

Is that quite clear, administrators?

by JaJasMa     (Sun Jan 7 2007 19:48:03 )   
Sorry to show my ignorance but what is "OT?"
  by Rontrigger     (Sun Jan 7 2007 19:59:30 )   
Not a problem--it means "off topic."

by JaJasMa     (Sun Jan 7 2007 20:05:12 )   
Thanks, Ron, we've had quite a field day with this one. I guess that's what happens when you get a bunch of women talking about orgasms! The OP asked about men's but heck, we just went off about our own anyway...LOL
  by krains     (Tue Jan 9 2007 17:13:45 )   
Reminds me of a favorite line from the campy "Ten Commandments":

"Moses! There is a man among the sheep!"

AND, it's John Derek!
  by berit-6     (Wed Jan 10 2007 08:24:16 )   
bump
  by OgMallet     (Wed Jan 24 2007 22:04:22 )   
bump
  by TrollHammer     (Thu Feb 8 2007 01:32:17 )   
bump