Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9041924 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #13030 on: May 29, 2014, 08:18:54 pm »

Hello Bettermost friends!

How is everyone today?   Pay day tomorrow, hence the money.  ;D

I was so shocked to see the news about Janice.  I'm going to miss her.  I hope the end came quickly, and she was in no pain.   I also hope that her family is able to remember the happy times they all had together.

RIP Janice.  You will be missed.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #13031 on: May 30, 2014, 04:57:53 pm »
She will indeed be missed. I'm sorry that I didn't know she was ill.

I have a busy weekend ahead. Off with a group of friends to see Wicked! tomorrow and then some post theatre food, and Sunday I have a full day (well afternoon and evening) concert and competition with my Brass Band and a guest soloist..

Busy Busy! What are your plans?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13032 on: May 30, 2014, 07:06:03 pm »
I saw 'Wicked' when I was in London in 2011. I hope you enjoy it. I have booked to see 'The Lion King' in Washington on June 22. I will see what shows I can get on halftix when I am in New York. We do not get big shows here in Dunedin although one of the local companies are putting on 'Mamma Mia' at the moment and friends have thought it wonderful. I was too busy to consider booking.
I have our local Sinfonia tonight (Saturday) then Kiri Te Kanawa is singing tomorrow night (Sunday). Her last concert here was in 2010 when I was overseas. Friends are telling me they were disappointed and she should retire (she is the same age as me  :) ). I heard her at the proms in London about a month later but just 2 songs.
Then the shuttle is picking me up at 3.45pm on Monday afternoon for the long flight to Auckland then Los Angeles. I actually arrive in Los Angeles at 2.45pm Monday (an hour before I leave home ;D)
I am not looking forward to this first part and will be glad when I reach my room in Downtown LA.
I have to do a trial packing soon. Things are spread all over the spare bedroom. I am undecided about my hiking boots. They weigh 2kg bu I may wish I had them when I am in Glacier National Park.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #13033 on: May 31, 2014, 04:13:27 am »
I am undecided about my hiking boots. They weigh 2kg bu I may wish I had them when I am in Glacier National Park.

How about a compromise? A pair of lighter "trekking shoes"? (That's what we call them in contrast to real hiking shoes/boots - not sure if the same distinction is made in English). They look similar to sneakers, are lightweight and comfortable just as sneakers but yet have a high profile like hiking boots and thus a good grip.
I bought a pair three years ago for the Alberta trip and have loved them ever since. Mine didn't even need a breaking in phase, they were fabulous from the first day on.
They may not be as good as real hiking boots, but are a good compromise IMO. You are both an avid traveler and avid hiker, so they should pay off in no time.

Offline brianr

« Reply #13034 on: May 31, 2014, 02:55:19 pm »
Thanks. My bag is just under 21 kg with the boots in them.  Emirates (which I use to fly to Europe) allows 30 kg but Air New Zealand (over the Pacific) and United (within the States) only allow 23 kg. I have a tendency to go over on my ankle and my hiking boots prevent that.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #13035 on: June 03, 2014, 06:40:47 pm »
Wicked was fabulous! I have seen it once before in 2010 - the week I met you in New York.. saw it on Broadway. And this version didn't dissapoint when compared.

I saw 'Wicked' when I was in London in 2011. I hope you enjoy it. I have booked to see 'The Lion King' in Washington on June 22. I will see what shows I can get on halftix when I am in New York. We do not get big shows here in Dunedin although one of the local companies are putting on 'Mamma Mia' at the moment and friends have thought it wonderful. I was too busy to consider booking.
I have our local Sinfonia tonight (Saturday) then Kiri Te Kanawa is singing tomorrow night (Sunday). Her last concert here was in 2010 when I was overseas. Friends are telling me they were disappointed and she should retire (she is the same age as me  :) ). I heard her at the proms in London about a month later but just 2 songs.
Then the shuttle is picking me up at 3.45pm on Monday afternoon for the long flight to Auckland then Los Angeles. I actually arrive in Los Angeles at 2.45pm Monday (an hour before I leave home ;D)
I am not looking forward to this first part and will be glad when I reach my room in Downtown LA.
I have to do a trial packing soon. Things are spread all over the spare bedroom. I am undecided about my hiking boots. They weigh 2kg bu I may wish I had them when I am in Glacier National Park.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13036 on: June 04, 2014, 05:49:35 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy Wednesday!

It poured here last night, much thunder and lightning......just like I like!  ;)

Did have a minor mishap last night.  I had changed channels on the TV, and apparently put on a crime story network.  I walked to the kitchen to get a drink, and as I was walking back to the living room, someone on the TV screamed.  It startled me, and I managed to bang my left hand into the CD rack against the kitchen wall.

::)

MUCH PAIN!  Out of instinct I grabbed my finger and held it with my right hand, when I let go, I had blood all over my fingers.  I managed to open a nice gash on my finger.

Washed, applied anti-infection cream, and a Band-Aid.  Typing has been fun today. 

I have the bandage off now, so the air can get to it.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline brianr

« Reply #13037 on: June 04, 2014, 08:00:36 pm »
Sorry to hear this although relieved as I do not remember no messages from you for so long without a good reason and had all sorts of fears. I am on the train from Los Angeles to San Francisco at the moment so wifi is intermittent. Did not work in my hotel this morning and girl was on phone to provider when I checked out. We are due into Emeryville at 5 mins to 10 but last time I checked we were 45 mins late. Just overnight near the station and on train to Denver tomorrow morning.

Offline bentgyro

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #13038 on: June 05, 2014, 02:43:22 pm »
I was worried, too.  Glad all is well, except for your poor finger. :)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13039 on: June 05, 2014, 08:30:06 pm »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Hope everyone is doing well today! 

Today was a crazy day in the office......I got there at about 7:30 and it was non-stop until lunch, and then when I got back, it was still just as busy.  Fridays tend to be a slower day, so I'm hoping I can use it as a 'catch-up' day and get a lot done.

I got word that my Aunt Viola died last night.  She was in her mid-80s, and lived a pretty good life.  My dad seems to be doing well (she was his sister) and I'm watching FB for updates.  My dad said he heard that they weren't going to do anything for Aunt Vi, and I'm nto sure why, unless that was her wish.

Anyway, my dad said that one of my cousins would have word posted on FB, so I'm keeping watch.