Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9041957 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #13350 on: November 26, 2014, 09:40:25 pm »
Seriously? - Oh myyyy....   ;)

At least Batman can bring his BF to the family gathering. Thinking about it, with only one woman in the superhero family (and of course, it has to be her to serve the bird, grmpf) I wonder who is with who at the table. ;D ;)

Well, here's another version.

This one is the JSA (Justice Society of America) and appears to be more sexually mixed, I see two women seated at the table.  Wonder Woman and a blonde haired woman with a blue mask....possibly Liberty Belle?    Handling the turkey is Power Girl, with her ample bosom.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #13351 on: November 26, 2014, 10:59:07 pm »
Funny that Superman, with all of his muscles, is just standing there empty-handed while the lady serves the turkey!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #13352 on: November 26, 2014, 11:16:42 pm »
Funny that Superman, with all of his muscles, is just standing there empty-handed while the lady serves the turkey!

Everybody realizes that these superhero Thanksgivings are a parody of the famous Norman Rockwell painting, right? I believe it's called "Freedom from Want"?

Especially the first one.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #13353 on: November 27, 2014, 01:42:34 am »
Everybody realizes that these superhero Thanksgivings are a parody of the famous Norman Rockwell painting, right? I believe it's called "Freedom from Want"?

Especially the first one.

Yes, I did. Eight years on BM, nine (virtual) Thanksgivings together - you bet I know that painting. Still have no idea how cranberry sauce tastes however. And I truly hope your pumpkin pies taste better than the horrible thing I made a year or two ago. After trying I gave it to my SIL; she and her family really liked it.

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13354 on: November 27, 2014, 04:00:08 am »
Happy Thanks Giving to Chuck and all of my American Friends

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13355 on: November 27, 2014, 12:58:46 pm »
Still have no idea how cranberry sauce tastes however.

The trouble there, of course, is that there are probably as many different ways to make a cranberry sauce as there are cooks who make it. And then there are cranberry "relishes," which I prefer, which often have other chopped fruits in addition to the cranberries (e.g., oranges, apples), and then there is what Paul calls a "chutney."

And I truly hope your pumpkin pies taste better than the horrible thing I made a year or two ago. After trying I gave it to my SIL; she and her family really liked it.

Same deal. Lots of different ways to make pumpkin pie. First there are different varieties of pumpkin, some sweet, some not so sweet. And the recipes can call for varying amounts of different spices. My mother used very little spice, so her pies were a bright orange in color. Other recipes use lots of spices, so the pie is a dark brown.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13356 on: November 27, 2014, 09:14:40 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends!

My thanksgiving.......I slept in, prepared my Pull Apart Pizza Bread, while it cooked I cleaned the apartment.  I swept, scrubbed, vacuumed, washed.....did everything but mop.

Had a great meal with the family.  Grin   It was a mix of traditional (turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, yams, green bean casserole, broccoli casserole) and Italian (ravioli, meatballs, sausage, pizza bread) and the desserts (pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie, assortment of cheesecakes, cookies, pecan pie).
 ;D
stuffed!!

Now I'm home for the evening.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13357 on: November 27, 2014, 09:17:28 pm »
Yes, I did. Eight years on BM, nine (virtual) Thanksgivings together - you bet I know that painting. Still have no idea how cranberry sauce tastes however. And I truly hope your pumpkin pies taste better than the horrible thing I made a year or two ago. After trying I gave it to my SIL; she and her family really liked it.

The trouble there, of course, is that there are probably as many different ways to make a cranberry sauce as there are cooks who make it. And then there are cranberry "relishes," which I prefer, which often have other chopped fruits in addition to the cranberries (e.g., oranges, apples), and then there is what Paul calls a "chutney."

Same deal. Lots of different ways to make pumpkin pie. First there are different varieties of pumpkin, some sweet, some not so sweet. And the recipes can call for varying amounts of different spices. My mother used very little spice, so her pies were a bright orange in color. Other recipes use lots of spices, so the pie is a dark brown.

I have to say, not a fan of cranberries, so I usually don't eat it.  As for pumpkin pie, I will eat it, but it's not a favorite of mine.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13358 on: November 27, 2014, 09:18:18 pm »
Happy Thanks Giving to Chuck and all of my American Friends

G'day mate!

Thanks so much!  The holiday is done, now on to Christmas!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13359 on: November 27, 2014, 09:22:08 pm »
I have to say, not a fan of cranberries, so I usually don't eat it.  As for pumpkin pie, I will eat it, but it's not a favorite of mine.

Cranberries I like, but I didn't much care for pumpkin pie either until I tasted one with a lot more spice in it than my mother ordinarily used.  :-\  But it still isn't my favorite.