Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9345776 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #8120 on: June 25, 2010, 08:34:39 am »

That being said......do I have the right to go to work today and tell them I'm leaving early today as I worked for them all last night?

dont you hate those dreams where you feel like youve alreasdy worked a full day!?!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8121 on: June 25, 2010, 09:36:32 am »

That being said......do I have the right to go to work today and tell them I'm leaving early today as I worked for them all last night?

I wouldn't if I valued my job, but I guess it would depend on whether you're paid by the hour and have met your 40 for the week, or paid by an annual salary where the hours put in don't matter at all.  I'd stick it out for the day, but try to find something you enjoy doing rather than something tedious or difficult.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8122 on: June 25, 2010, 04:06:24 pm »
Last night I had dreams that seemed to go on forever.  In the dream, it was a Catholic holiday.  Not one of the national holidays, just some religious holiday.  I was at work, and everyone else at work left due to the holiday.  I was told to stay and cover for everyone, since I don't go to church or practice my religion.

Oh my. I guess that qualifies for a nightmare.

You bet!
(If I were to make the decision. Your boss might differ, though :laugh:)

Offline brianr

« Reply #8123 on: June 25, 2010, 04:25:22 pm »
It must have been the night for bad dreams. I have recently renovated the whole kitchen in my new house. My sister planned it but had to go home (2000 miles away) before the work was done. i dreamt she had come back to see it and pulled on a cupboard and all the tiles started filling off. What was worse, the original owner was standing there laughing at my distress.

Offline dejavu

« Reply #8124 on: June 27, 2010, 02:45:20 pm »
It's been a while where I could have a weekend away and have it quiet.  My weekends away tend to be brokie themed, and they are usually anything BUT quiet!

Sitting here in this little livingroom/den, hearing the birds tweet and looking put at the blue kies and trees is just what the doctor ordered.

Hi, Chuck!  Catching up on your blog.

That sounds like a great place to spend a weekend, especially hearing the birds tweet and looking at the trees and the blue skies.

Glad you had a relaxing time.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline dejavu

« Reply #8125 on: June 27, 2010, 02:50:26 pm »
What happened to Spring in the Midwest  ???  Seems like we pretty much went from Winter to Summer this year.  Yuck!  Hey Chuck, don't forget we wanna pic of you in that pink sheep t-shirt.  Have fun with your fam!

Hey, Mandy!  Yes, I saw on the weather report how hot Missouri had been.  Colorado went through the same thing, from 50 for a high when I got there to 100 for a high when I left two weeks later.  Yuck is right!
Jack's from Texas.

Offline dejavu

« Reply #8126 on: June 27, 2010, 02:55:55 pm »
Oh my!

We had an earthquake in NJ!

Actually, I believe it was an earthquake in Canada, and it was felt to NYC.

The building I was in shook, and we had to evacuate for about an hour and half while the fire department could determine whether or not the buidling was "structurally sound".

:o

We got back into the building at about 3:00, had to leave at 1:30.

So there was some excitement while I was gone!

Did the earthquake shake up the auditors and chase them away?   :laugh:
Jack's from Texas.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8127 on: June 28, 2010, 06:27:13 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

I didn't sleep so well last night, not feeling too awake yet.

Oh, I've decided instead of moving on to Phase 4 of the Fat Smash diet today, I'm going back to Phase 1 for the next 9 days, and see if I can jump start some more weight loss.

If it has the same effect as last time ( I lost 10 pounds in the 9 days) I'll be well past the halfway point, and close to 200 pounds.

;D

Wish me luck!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #8128 on: June 28, 2010, 07:32:32 am »
Good Luck Chuck.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline dejavu

« Reply #8129 on: June 28, 2010, 02:52:01 pm »
Yes, Chuck, good luck with that Phase 1 again.
Jack's from Texas.