Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9160842 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #8340 on: August 11, 2010, 09:20:36 pm »
What a list, Chuckie!  It is extremely cool to see how many of those folks I've met and/or know, AND how many are still active in some way.

My thoughts exactly, Lynne. I didn't even know about the Texas BBQ, back then. And even if I had known, it would have been the farest thing on my mind. Less than one year later, I flew over the big pond for the very first time in my life, to be at the Colorado BBQ. One of the most crazy and best things I've done in the last 15 years!

I knew and thought about going, decided it was silly - what a difference four years makes.  We were saying this past weekend that there is Before BBM and After BBM and that the Before is becoming harder and harder to remember.  I certainly cannot imagine my life without most of you in it.  It seems as if you've always been there.

I have a very hard time remembering what my life was like pre BBM. I don't remember what I did, or what was on my mind, or what occupied my thoughts back then.

BBM and my brokie friends are such a major part of my life, that I cannot imagine what my life would be like without it.

(((((((( Brokie friends )))))))))))  ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

That weekend was such an amazing weekend!  I can remember saying that the weekend would start with hugs, laughter and tears, progress to eating, drinking and partying, and go back to hugs, laughter and tears.

;D

And that's what just happened.  :laugh:

I still have very vivid memories of that weekend, and things that we did and said.  It was so much fun!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8341 on: August 11, 2010, 09:21:34 pm »
Don't want to hijack this thread, but "Hi" to you as well, Deb!

Don't every worry about "hijacking" this thread.  Anyone can post (almost) anything to anyone, as long as it's respectful.

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8342 on: August 12, 2010, 09:55:18 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hope that everyone is doing well today!

;D

Sitting here in my cube, and realize that tomorrow is Friday 13th!  :o  Perhaps I'll send a crazy email around the job!  :laugh:

Well, tomorrow is payday for me, so I'm happy about that!  And then Saturday means I can sleep in!  :laugh:

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8343 on: August 15, 2010, 12:36:06 am »
I posted this at my blog too, but I don't know how many people look there so I wanted to post it here too cause Chuck is really such a special person:
**************************************************************************************************************************
You are such a terrific guy Chuck!!! I know we have kidded around a bunch over the past few years, but I don't think I have ever really told you how special you are to me. Your friendship is very special. I'm not always good at telling people how much they mean to me. I truly realized that after the events of the past couple of weeks. If anything ever happened to you I would be more than devastated. You are a friend to everyone and people do realize that. There are people who I have met through here that have made an impression on me. Rich was one, Truman was one, Paul was one, Lynne was one, Wayne was one, and many others, and you.......I thought you were special from the first Hello in Colorado 2007. I have to say that in Atlanta at Wayne's house people missed you........they said so.....hey it was just not the same without you there. I even took a picture of your empty bed...I know everyone agrees that you are a very special person. I am going to post this on your blog too cause I don't really know how many people look at mine. I want everyone to know.

Thank you for being my Friend,

Jack

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8344 on: August 15, 2010, 03:40:56 am »
What a dear, sweet post, Jack.  I can't wait till Chuck gets up this morning and reads it.

Anyone who's ever met him knows that he glows from the inside out, and he always will.

How many of us ever get the chance to know a person like that?

It's wonderful that you said it out loud.  I guess we all need to take more time expressing our admiration for each other, in our everyday lives, as well as on here.  The last few weeks have hopefully taught us that love means everything, and we shouldn't take it for granted.  You've done a good job of showing that, with your post.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8345 on: August 15, 2010, 10:23:39 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hope that everyone is doing well and having a great weekend!  I had a surprise 40th birthday party to go to yesterday, and had a great time.

Saw some old friends I hadn't seen in a while, and had a lot of laughs.  ;D

Of course, I went waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off the diet, but I only had a bowl of cereal before the party, and nothing after, so I may be ok.  LOL

I'll be much more careful today.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8346 on: August 15, 2010, 10:37:02 am »
What a dear, sweet post, Jack.  I can't wait till Chuck gets up this morning and reads it.

Good morning Jack and Mandy.

Jack, thanks so much for the sweet post.  I am always amazed when people tell me I'm "special" or something along those lines.  I'm just being myself.

It's sweet to hear I was missed at Wayne's place when I was with Gene and the boys.  I missed you guys too, and wanted to spend more time with you all, but I felt like Gene wanted the company, and that was where I should be.

Not much longer until December and the gathering in LA, and we'll see each other again.

;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8347 on: August 15, 2010, 12:14:57 pm »
Oh, and why on my dating profile did I get a message from a couple who wanted to know if I wanted to join them for some "fun"?

::)

I gave the polite "thanks but no thanks" answer. 

I mean, really?  Why have a partner if you want to fuck around?

I suppose I should take it as a compliment, they at least thought I was fuckable.  :laugh:

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8348 on: August 15, 2010, 12:25:22 pm »

LOL Chuck!  I saw you post this on Facebook.  I guess some folks really do like to walk on the wild side... so to speak.  It sounds like you handled the somewhat awkward situation well.

Hope you're having a nice weekend.

:-*
A

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8349 on: August 15, 2010, 12:28:14 pm »
*waves to Amanda*

It was ...............different.

LOL!!!!