Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9032119 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #2370 on: March 26, 2008, 10:07:03 am »
Y'all are good.

that's not the "official" cover of that issue.  After some research on the 'net, I found this one.

Ok, that makes much more sense  :)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #2371 on: March 26, 2008, 10:11:20 am »
Yeah, why would you want one tooth  ??? What would you do with it  ??? I guess if you sharpened it you could use it to punch holes in cans or something. I never have understood why people walk around like that. If you have no more than one you might as well just get rid of it too  :)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #2372 on: March 26, 2008, 10:28:47 am »
First of all Chuck I want to congratulate you on staying sane while doing loans. That is exactly what I am having to study in this class I am in......simple interest, compound interest, bank discounts, mortgages and all that fun kind of stuff  :( Anyway, here is a stupid story:

A staff member called awhile back saying her computer was freezing up and making a whirring noise, but she said it just did it sometimes. At first, I thought her fan or hard drive could be having problems. I told her to call me the next time it happened since it would have to be doing this for me to figure out what was wrong. Several days went by and I did not hear from her. Finally I figured that her computer was working fine so I closed the ticket. Then she called and said it was doing it again. I asked her what she was doing when it started. She said she was trying to listen to her radio station. I told her that streaming audio sometimes doesn't work that well. I asked her if it did this on any other applications or web sites. She said "No, but sometimes it did it while she was trying to watch TV shows on her web TV stations." I told her that would pretty much fit in with what she was experiencing. I told her how to end the application. She called back in awhile saying that her computer was still not working right. I asked her if she rebooted the computer and she said no. She informed me that usually when this happened she had to pull that wire out of the back of that box sitting under her desk. I asked her if it would not turn off by clicking Start and Shut Down. She didn't know what that was. She informed me that she always turned the computer off by pulling that wire out of the back. In other words, she had been reaching around behind the computer and pulling the power cord out to turn the computer off for God only knows how long. I told her to not do this since it was not good for the computer. She informed me that it always worked to do it that way and that she didn't understand this Start and Shut Down thing. Again, I told her to not do this anymore and I have no idea whether she listened or not. So she does this and wonders why the computer sometimes makes a whirring noise.

And next time my stupid story will be about the woman and her bird Tweety when I worked at Sears.......poor, poor Tweety.....I still don't know where that woman plugged the other end of the cable to in order to record Tweety singing without using a microphone. One end went to the cassette player and one end connected to Tweety somewhere  ???

Offline dejavu

« Reply #2373 on: March 26, 2008, 02:00:29 pm »
She informed me that she always turned the computer off by pulling that wire out of the back. In other words, she had been reaching around behind the computer and pulling the power cord out to turn the computer off for God only knows how long. I told her to not do this since it was not good for the computer. She informed me that it always worked to do it that way and that she didn't understand this Start and Shut Down thing. Again, I told her to not do this anymore and I have no idea whether she listened or not.

:o    :o    :o

::)    ::)    ::)

Unbelievable.  And she works in an office?
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline dejavu

« Reply #2374 on: March 26, 2008, 03:14:56 pm »
[Let's share stories.......tell me about stupid people in your lives!  Help me feel less alone!

:laugh:

Can't think of any stories right off hand, Chuck...but since I know the feeling, I know there have been some big ones in the past!   :laugh:

Just want to say I'm sorry for all the problems with the loan docs today, and I hope things are going better by now.

At least, they will be better when you get out of that place and hit the gym, and go home.   :)
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #2375 on: March 27, 2008, 09:27:45 am »
Here is something that I find stupid, annoying, and inconsiderate. Why do so many people, at least around here, choose to wire their headlights so that one headlight is on bright and the other one is on dim? It is absolutely incredible how many cars I see with this configuration. That of course is not to mention the many people who just drive around blinding people with their bright lights on. Anyway, I assume that the people with the one bright light and the one dim light have had a headlight that went out. So instead of going and buying a new headlight or having one put on they just cross wire it so that they have two headlights - one bright and one dim. Wouldn't it be just as easy to go purchase a new headlight? It definitely would be more considerate to other drivers who they are blinding with that one bright headlight.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #2376 on: March 27, 2008, 09:29:03 am »
And while I am on stupid and annoying driving habits here is another one:

These are the people swerving all over the road because all of their attention is on talking on their cell phones. It is amazing how many almost wrecks I have seen because of this. These people are swerving worse than someone who has had too much to drink. Some people are able to talk on the cell phone while driving, but I have seen more than my share of those who can't. So if you can't drive and talk please pull over somewhere and have your phone conversation. I'm sure the conversation is not important enough to either wreck your own car or someone elses. If I were a police officer, I would pull these people over and run them through a drunk test and I'm not joking.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #2377 on: March 27, 2008, 09:56:31 am »

Happy Thursday, BetterMost!!!!

Well, yesterday's stupidity has spilled over into today for a little bit, which is why I'm just updating my blog now!

::)

I think I've handled everything, and now, peace will reign.

at least, until I get the call that something still isn't right, and I have to fix it again.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #2378 on: March 27, 2008, 10:04:59 am »
Happy Thursday, BetterMost!!!!

Well, yesterday's stupidity has spilled over into today for a little bit, which is why I'm just updating my blog now!

::)

I think I've handled everything, and now, peace will reign.

at least, until I get the call that something still isn't right, and I have to fix it again.

Just tell them "If ya can't fix it, ya gotta stand it" and walk away! LOL
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #2379 on: March 27, 2008, 10:08:51 am »
Just tell them "If ya can't fix it, ya gotta stand it" and walk away! LOL

unfortunately, that won't work here!   :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!