Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8993098 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #2870 on: May 16, 2008, 02:13:58 pm »
I never have drank a lot of scotch, but I have always liked the small amount I have tried. I know everyone says you have to develop a taste for it, but I did like it right away. For some reason I have just never indulged in it. What kind do you suggest?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2871 on: May 16, 2008, 02:38:14 pm »
I never have drank a lot of scotch, but I have always liked the small amount I have tried. I know everyone says you have to develop a taste for it, but I did like it right away. For some reason I have just never indulged in it. What kind do you suggest?

I kinda liked it right away, too. Glen Livet or Glen Fyddich are both good single malts. I prefer Glen Livet. I think it tastes just a wee bit smokier and it's a wee bit smoother than Glen Fyddich.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #2872 on: May 16, 2008, 02:44:15 pm »
I kinda liked it right away, too. Glen Livet or Glen Fyddich are both good single malts. I prefer Glen Livet. I think it tastes just a wee bit smokier and it's a wee bit smoother than Glen Fyddich.

I will have to get some and try it. I need a new drink to experiment around with. Do you have it on the rocks?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2873 on: May 16, 2008, 03:10:30 pm »
I will have to get some and try it. I need a new drink to experiment around with. Do you have it on the rocks?

Liquor stores in Pennsylvania sell smaller bottles of both, so if you can get the smaller bottles down your way, you won't have to invest in a full Fifth to experiment.

When I order it in a bar, I order it with soda, "no fruit" (no lemon twist). At home I drink it with water. I like it either way, it's just that I'm sure the bottle of club soda would go flat before I used it all at home, so I just don't buy the club soda. The soda does tend to "lighten it" a little.

Go figure--I save pennies by not buying club soda that will "go to waste," and then I spend it all on the scotch. Liquor is expensive in Pennsylvania. Up here a Fifth of either Glen Livet or Glen Fyddich will run you between $35 and $40. Liquor is a state monopoly in Pennsylvania.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #2874 on: May 16, 2008, 03:34:35 pm »
Liquor stores in Pennsylvania sell smaller bottles of both, so if you can get the smaller bottles down your way, you won't have to invest in a full Fifth to experiment.

When I order it in a bar, I order it with soda, "no fruit" (no lemon twist). At home I drink it with water. I like it either way, it's just that I'm sure the bottle of club soda would go flat before I used it all at home, so I just don't buy the club soda. The soda does tend to "lighten it" a little.

Go figure--I save pennies by not buying club soda that will "go to waste," and then I spend it all on the scotch. Liquor is expensive in Pennsylvania. Up here a Fifth of either Glen Livet or Glen Fyddich will run you between $35 and $40. Liquor is a state monopoly in Pennsylvania.

Wow, that is expensive for a fifth especially. I can see why you just skip the club soda since you have to save up the money for the scotch. I will have to see how much it is here. They sell pints of things here and some mini bottles. All liquor here is controlled by the state too unlike somewhere like South Carolina where all kinds of stores sell it. I do know that I went to a liquor store when I was in New York City and their fifths of Jack Daniels cost as much as a half gallon here. A fifth was somewhere between $35 and $40. I thought maybe it was just because it was Manhattan, but maybe that is just the going price in New York too.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #2875 on: May 17, 2008, 04:10:41 pm »
Happy weekend, BetterMost!!!!

Nice, sunny, quiet day in NJ.  Light breakfast, hit the gym, did some writing (see the "off the cuff" thread here in my blog) and an early dinner soon.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 08:48:00 am by CellarDweller »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #2876 on: May 19, 2008, 08:47:26 am »

It's Monday, BetterMost!!!!

Hope that everyone had a great weekend!  I did!

Didn't lose anything, but didn't gain, so I'll take that and be happy.  Not as happy as if I had lost, but hey, can't win every week, now can ya?  Besides, Sunday my brother and sister in law came over for mom's bday, and we went out for Chinese food, and birthday cake......so I am not surprised.

I did start using the next level on my cardio video this morning, "Leslie Sansone's 4 Mile Walk", and it went well.  I really enjoyed it, I think I was getting bored of the 3 Mile version.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #2877 on: May 19, 2008, 10:06:44 am »
Good Morning Chuck. Have you packed yet  :)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #2878 on: May 19, 2008, 10:25:59 am »
Good Morning Chuck. Have you packed yet  :)

Hiya Jack!   

Packed?  It's way too early for that.  I won't do that until next week at one point.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #2879 on: May 20, 2008, 08:56:33 am »

It's Tuesday, BetterMost!!!!

Hope that everyone is doing well today!

I've got 3 people from my "team" out of the office at the moment, and I hope it stays that way!  Makes for a quiet day!  'D