Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9049798 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #3790 on: September 23, 2008, 12:27:36 pm »
eek....
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #3791 on: September 23, 2008, 05:12:39 pm »
Ok, I've been away from the forums since 12:15 or so.  I had to attend a training meeting for work until 3:15, and then go to the gym......but lemme tell ya what happened in the meeting.

The facilitator does an exercise to show us how important communication in the workplace is.  He splits us into 3 groups of five, and gives us instructions on how to play a card game called "Slap".  Once we open the directions, we are no longer allowed to talk.

The instructions stated that a deck of cards are dealt out to everyone, face down.  Then, one by one, we flip our cards over in one pile in the center.  When a queen pops up, we all try to slap it.  The person who slaps first, gets the pile of cards.  The came goes on until someone ends up with all the cards. 

I was so determined to win this game.  The cards are dealt, and we start flipping them.  The first queen pops up, and I slap the pile.   More cards go out, a queen pops up, and I slap it.  I now have a majority of the cards.  One of the coworkers is looking at me wide eyed, at how determined I was.

Suddenly, the facilitator taps my shoulder, and I have to leave the group, and join another group.  Still no talking.

The cards are dealt, a small pile of cards builds.  A queen pops up, I slap it, and take the pile.  Everyone else looks at each other, and starts to deal.  A second queen pops up, I slap it, and take the pile.  They all look at me like I'm crazy, and one of the waves her finger at me.  It turns out, this group had a set of rules that state you slap the "king", not the queen.  I start to laugh out loud.

I sit down, open up my spring water, thinking about how quickly I was slapping these cards in an effort to win.  The facilitator asks "What did you learn from this experiment?"  I get a mouth full of water, and a woman looks at me and says:

"That some people play more aggressively than others!"

I started to laugh, getting spring water all over the boardroom table.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #3792 on: September 23, 2008, 05:36:21 pm »
Ok, I've been away from the forums since 12:15 or so.  I had to attend a training meeting for work until 3:15, and then go to the gym......but lemme tell ya what happened in the meeting.

The facilitator does an exercise to show us how important communication in the workplace is.  He splits us into 3 groups of five, and gives us instructions on how to play a card game called "Slap".  Once we open the directions, we are no longer allowed to talk.

The instructions stated that a deck of cards are dealt out to everyone, face down.  Then, one by one, we flip our cards over in one pile in the center.  When a queen pops up, we all try to slap it.  The person who slaps first, gets the pile of cards.  The came goes on until someone ends up with all the cards. 

I was so determined to win this game.  The cards are dealt, and we start flipping them.  The first queen pops up, and I slap the pile.   More cards go out, a queen pops up, and I slap it.  I now have a majority of the cards.  One of the coworkers is looking at me wide eyed, at how determined I was.

Suddenly, the facilitator taps my shoulder, and I have to leave the group, and join another group.  Still no talking.

The cards are dealt, a small pile of cards builds.  A queen pops up, I slap it, and take the pile.  Everyone else looks at each other, and starts to deal.  A second queen pops up, I slap it, and take the pile.  They all look at me like I'm crazy, and one of the waves her finger at me.  It turns out, this group had a set of rules that state you slap the "king", not the queen.  I start to laugh out loud.

I sit down, open up my spring water, thinking about how quickly I was slapping these cards in an effort to win.  The facilitator asks "What did you learn from this experiment?"  I get a mouth full of water, and a woman looks at me and says:

:laugh:
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #3793 on: September 23, 2008, 06:04:14 pm »
Yeah Kelda, that was the reaction of other people in the room!

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3794 on: September 23, 2008, 06:13:26 pm »
Well I hope you cleaned it up!  :laugh:
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #3795 on: September 23, 2008, 06:24:54 pm »
Well I hope you cleaned it up!  :laugh:

lol!  Yes I did!

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #3796 on: September 23, 2008, 06:52:17 pm »

And they needed a card game at a business meeting to work that out.........??......... ::) ::)
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #3797 on: September 23, 2008, 07:00:04 pm »
And they needed a card game at a business meeting to work that out.........??......... ::) ::)

Katie, the exercise was supposed to demonstrate the need for communication.

The group I was with before being switched was slapping on Queens.  The group I was moved to was slapping on Kings.  Because they couldn't talk, I didn't know this, and with them was playing the game wrong, which was causing confusion and havoc.

:D :D :D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #3798 on: September 23, 2008, 09:17:24 pm »

Well, we all know that little kids have stuffed animals.

I never knew that young cats use them too?  :D :D :D :D

One day about a month ago, Blaze went into my parents' bedroom, and took the little stuffed kitten my mom had sitting on her dresser, and it's been his ever since.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #3799 on: September 23, 2008, 09:18:34 pm »

He carries it in his mouth from room to room, we never know where we're going to find it.

:D :D :D