Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8993278 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #4350 on: November 14, 2008, 09:34:25 pm »
thanks for your opinions everyone!

it was good to get it off my chest, and it looks like I handled it the right way.

that's a plus.   ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4351 on: November 15, 2008, 01:31:57 am »
Chuck I think you did the right thing. I know it was hard for you to not say anything, but in the end what would it have mattered. This guy did to you what he did and in the long run he will have to live with himself for it. I truly do believe in the idea that what you do will come back to you. I have seen it happen too many times to not believe it. The only person I work with that I get along with is someone who hates gay people and she is open about that dislike. Of course, I know this and on some level it makes me dislike her, but I know her thoughts are from ignorance. That is the way she was raised. It is so funny to me that I went to a conference with her and her husband, both who hate gay people, to New Jersey which was also my first time in New York City. If they knew about me they would hate me. We even went to see some of their relatives. The next year I went to see and stayed with some of their relatives. And I guess they all hated gay people, but for some reason the relatives even treated me with extreme niceness. The world is a hard place to understand. I guess if all gay people were green they would have not accepted me into their home. But still I find it hard to hate people like this because truly it comes from the ignorance they have grown up with.

Offline ZK

« Reply #4352 on: November 15, 2008, 06:50:56 am »
I think you did the exactly the right thing. First by thinking of your hostess, secondly once you had worked out who he was by not biting his head off and thirdly staying to when you intended to.

I am not sure I could have been so composed.

If by chance you do meet him again, I 'd be cordial and say hello then turn to someone you do like and talk and laugh with them. That jerk is inconsequential.

(((Chuck)))

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4353 on: November 15, 2008, 11:38:10 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Firstly, I want to thank y'all for the posts/opinions on the issue I had on Halloween.  I appreciate it!  It looks like I did the right thing.  ;)

I'm here for about an hour now.....then I'm off to NYC to be part of the protest scheduled today against Prop 8.

I hope the weather holds for now.  It's wet outside, but not raining.  I've prayed that God will give the East Coast homos (and supporters) a break and let us stay reasonably dry.

:laugh:

I'll have my digicam with me, and plan to take pics.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline optom3

« Reply #4354 on: November 15, 2008, 01:16:54 pm »
You did exactly the right thing, good on you.
I did exactly the wrong thing on Wednesday of this week. A year tomorrow is when my husband was robbed at gunpoint at the store as he opened it up.
Through a lot of hard work on our part, not the police, we now know who was behind it, for absolute certain,although he did not do the robbery.
He is an ex employee of ours who was robbing us blind.I mean cases of meat.
He was overheard drunk one night bragging about it in the pub.The guy he spoke to the told his mother. She refuses to testify and the police are not interested.

I am not going to go on any more, suffice it to say between video footage, clothing even fingerprints.Their is no doubt.

I bumped into this guy who is now working elsewhere and he was so smug, God I could have punched him. He said to me I hear Dan's is not doing so well and now you have that new meat store opening up.

I was BOILING !!!!   I told him he must have been listening to the wrong rumours.Dans over the past few weeks was doing exceptionally well, considering the recession. We had also just the other day had some good news about the armed robbery.The police had finally found someone who was willing to testify, and were just gathering final information, before they went to arrest him.

They had not told us yet who it was !! I have never seen a black man( no I am not being racist) turn white so quickly. I know it was childish, I have also found out he has left his current job. I hate myself for being so vindictive, but it felt good.

No one should ever have to watch video footage of a loved one with a gun at their temples.Particularly in view of all the other major problems we have had.
Maybe if he had not been so smug and nasty about the new meat shop, I might have let it go.

So I applaud you for rising above it, in a way I just could not. You should be very proud of yourself.

I am certainly not proud of my actions, but he has no conscience at all this guy. To go so far as to rub my face in the fact, that we do ndeed have a new meat shop opening up, less than 2 miles away, was the final straw. I now really know what it means to see red.

P.S Hope the weather holds up for you and there is a good turnout.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #4355 on: November 15, 2008, 04:09:59 pm »
I have mentioned previously that I took a lot of abuse at one of my past job locations.  I can still see the homophobic graffiti they wrote about me on the men's and women's room walls of the store.  Verbal abuse took place out of earshot of management.
. . .
I somehow managed to disguise my shock, and treated him decently, while he went on about his life, and asked me what I was up to.  He seemed to think that we liked each other, or that I had just forgotten the stuff that went on.

Interesting story!  One thing that might explain his mystifying behavior at the party.  It's funny, but group behavior is so different from individual behavior. ('Hazing' incidents and cross-burning, for example, are never done by a single person; it's a pack of folks.) People can almost literally become different people when part of a pack.

So when this guy sees you one-on-one, he doesn't see that past behavior as part of his history with you.  He's rationalizing (in his small, shallow mind) that "I didn't do that stuff to Chuck. That one group of people did — that group that I was sometimes a part of..."

That would happen to me in jr high and high school. People who would be just terrible to me with their friends around, then I would see them one-on-one and they'd be all like, "Hi, how are you?" (And I'm just like, WTF?)
My theory "for what it's worth..." as Jack would say.  Looking forward to the pics, Chuck!   :)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4356 on: November 15, 2008, 09:53:43 pm »
Hiya Laura & Fiona!

Thanks for the opinions, and sharing your stories here!  :-*

The turnout was great, and pics are up in the "Prop 8" thread in the "Equality Agenda" forum.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #4357 on: November 15, 2008, 11:29:55 pm »
Great!!!!!!!! I will look.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4358 on: November 16, 2008, 02:35:55 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I'm hoping that everyone is having a good weekend, and enjoying the time left before Monday morning.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #4359 on: November 16, 2008, 03:22:06 pm »
Everyone is tired from the big party last night. Here's some footage from it  :laugh:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLFfHRTA9mc[/youtube]