Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9091772 times)

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #4550 on: December 15, 2008, 10:26:34 pm »
Hi, Shasta.  I don't know where Chuck is, but somebody north of him, in New York State, said it was balmy up that way.  It's balmy in Philadelphia, too.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4551 on: December 15, 2008, 10:38:00 pm »
Hi, Shasta.  I don't know where Chuck is, but somebody north of him, in New York State, said it was balmy up that way.  It's balmy in Philadelphia, too.

Wow! I'm surprised. I guess we got the bad weather for the day. Still 27* here, but the sleet has started to collect on the street. And it feels colder than 27*. So far I have just been carrying my coat in my car "just in case", but I brought it in tonite so that it will be warm in the A.M.  ;)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4552 on: December 16, 2008, 09:46:57 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I am soooo damn tired, it's not even funny!

I didn't get home and to bed until after 11pm.  Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past my bed time!   :laugh:

However, the Christmas party ROCKED!

We did a "Gift bag Chinese Auction", had great food, and the DJ played a lot of great music!

Best part (for me ;) ) he played this old 80s dance jam called "I.O.U." that is very "freestyleish" and when I heard it, I shouted out "Freestyle!!!!" and he took that as a cue, and played a freestyle medley!

"Point Of No Return" by Exposé,  "Endless Nights" by Cynthia, "Running" by Information Socitey, "Party Your Body" by Stevie B., and "Cryin' Over You" by Soavé.

I was happy as hell!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4553 on: December 16, 2008, 10:07:29 am »
Best part (for me ;) ) he played this old 80s dance jam called "I.O.U." that is very "freestyleish" and when I heard it, I shouted out "Freestyle!!!!" and he took that as a cue, and played a freestyle medley!

"Point Of No Return" by Exposé,  "Endless Nights" by Cynthia, "Running" by Information Socitey, "Party Your Body" by Stevie B., and "Cryin' Over You" by Soavé.

Although we're the same age and I lived through the 80ies, I have no effin clue what you're talking about :laugh:.

However, the Christmas party ROCKED!
I was happy as hell!

Now this is easy to understand. I'm happy to hear it :).

Yay for freestyle Chuckie!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4554 on: December 16, 2008, 10:12:49 am »
Just saw Meryl posted this on the 1000+ club thread:

Guess that IS freestyle Chuckie ;D

Offline dejavu

« Reply #4555 on: December 16, 2008, 10:35:58 am »
Morning, Chuck.  I had no idea that you were going to a party in the middle of the week -- that does sound rough.

But it's great that you had such a good time!    :)   Now good luck with the rest of your day.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4556 on: December 16, 2008, 10:36:55 am »
Although we're the same age and I lived through the 80ies, I have no effin clue what you're talking about :laugh:.

LOL!

Hmmmmm...how to properly explain freestyle?

Freestyle was big in regions of the U.S. from 1985 to about 1992.  It was most popular in the tri-state area (Conneticut, NYC, NJ), Florida, California and Texas areas.

If you take salsa, menrengue, and pop, mix it all together, you get freestyle.

Some freestyle acts were able to cross over to the pop charts here in the U.S., and in the 80s there was a "battle" of the girl groups.

Company B. managed to get one big hit with "Fascinated".

The Cover Girls had "Show Me" and "Because Of You" hit the top 40, and "We Can't Go Wrong" & "Wishing On a Star" hit the Top 10, but those two last songs were ballads.

Sweet Sensation had 3 Top 30 freestyle hits, and hit #1 with the ballad "If Wishes Came True".

The queens were Exposé.  They sold about 3 million copies of their CDs.

As far as I know, the only freestyle song to break the European market was "You Are My (All & All)" by Joyce Simms.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #4557 on: December 16, 2008, 10:52:50 am »
morning chuck

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4558 on: December 16, 2008, 10:53:43 am »
 :-*

Offline dejavu

« Reply #4559 on: December 16, 2008, 01:07:35 pm »
Wow! I'm surprised. I guess we got the bad weather for the day. Still 27* here, but the sleet has started to collect on the street.

Hey, Shasta, I think we got your weather, a day late.  It has started to sleet here now.

So much for balmy!   ::)
Jack's from Texas.