Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8993604 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #5850 on: April 02, 2009, 07:49:40 am »
Morning Chuck and Co!!

Dumb question, but I'll carry on anyway, as you will be aware I am not the least computer literate (my brother got those genes, along with my sporting and mechanical genes) but on the advertisment column beside this thread is an advert for "Kiwi Blog", now is that something you guys can see, or is it something that the web advertisers do posting ads that are specific for area where your pc is? Does that make sense?

Hey its friday here already, so tomorrow is the weekend Yeee haaaw

ta

I'm guessing it's a local thing. I haven't seen that before. I'm seeing ads right now for "Gay Cowboy Dating" and "Western Party Supplies"!
 :laugh:
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Online CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #5851 on: April 02, 2009, 08:39:18 am »
And for me the ad on the side is about getting your taxes done.

We actually had something funny happen on DCF with this.  Someone started a "menopause thread" and the women were discussing the issues they were going through. 

One of the women started to talk about how she's not bleeding as much.

as a result, the advertisement at the bottom of the page picked up on "bleeding" and became an ad for "vampire dating".

:o :laugh: :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5852 on: April 02, 2009, 08:53:12 am »
We actually had something funny happen on DCF with this.  Someone started a "menopause thread" and the women were discussing the issues they were going through. 

One of the women started to talk about how she's not bleeding as much.

:P

as a result, the advertisement at the bottom of the page picked up on "bleeding" and became an ad for "vampire dating".

:o :laugh: :laugh:

I've seen that "Vampire Dating" ad here on Bettermost, too! Right now I've got "Women's cowboy boots" and "Gay cowboy dating."  ;D

Hmm. That "Vampire Dating" sounds kind of interesting, actually. ...  8)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5853 on: April 02, 2009, 10:27:27 am »
I'm guessing it's a local thing. I haven't seen that before. I'm seeing ads right now for "Gay Cowboy Dating" and "Western Party Supplies"!
 :laugh:
:laugh:. When my computer was bust, I had to use the internet cafe, I swear every time I signed on the only ad was "gay dating" which is fine, but the font was set like at 200 consequently someone 50 metres would be able to see it  ::)

I've seen that "Vampire Dating" ad here on Bettermost, too! Right now I've got "Women's cowboy boots" and "Gay cowboy dating."  ;D

Hmm. That "Vampire Dating" sounds kind of interesting, actually. ...  8)
Yikes, I ain't never driving my pc to that site, but Jeff may be you could tell us what its like  ;) ;)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #5854 on: April 02, 2009, 10:50:56 am »
Chuck!
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5855 on: April 02, 2009, 10:56:13 am »
:laugh:. When my computer was bust, I had to use the internet cafe, I swear every time I signed on the only ad was "gay dating" which is fine, but the font was set like at 200 consequently someone 50 metres would be able to see it  ::)
Yikes, I ain't never driving my pc to that site, but Jeff may be you could tell us what its like  ;) ;)

I'm guessing it's probably straight vampire dating.  :-\

I've read some gay vampire stories--NOT Ann Rice--and they're pretty hot. ...  ;)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Online CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #5856 on: April 02, 2009, 06:21:14 pm »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #5857 on: April 02, 2009, 08:29:24 pm »
I'm guessing it's probably straight vampire dating.  :-\

I've read some gay vampire stories--NOT Ann Rice--and they're pretty hot. ...  ;)

I need some links, Jeff!  There's some Buffy slash out there pairing Giles/Xander and Spike/Xander that is completely hot.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #5858 on: April 02, 2009, 08:36:57 pm »
I need some links, Jeff!  There's some Buffy slash out there pairing Giles/Xander and Spike/Xander that is completely hot.

Speaking of links....send those along, too!

(Spike/Xander...hmmm)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5859 on: April 02, 2009, 10:33:10 pm »

No links, Lynne. Those vampire stories were in books.

You remember books? Those things we all read before Al Gore invented the Internet?  ;D

Oh, and they weren't fanfic of any kind.  8)