Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8993056 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #8320 on: August 09, 2010, 02:14:58 pm »
(((Chuck))))
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8321 on: August 09, 2010, 02:24:50 pm »
I will continue to go down and visit them, and it's my hope that I'll get to know Elizabeth and Marcia better as well.

This is good.
Chuckie :-*

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #8322 on: August 09, 2010, 02:59:49 pm »
Welcome home, Chuck, and to the "new normal".

Take your time, don't force things. Healing doesn't happen in an instant.

If it feels right for you to do something, then do it. But if not, don't do it just because "it's time",
or someone (or yourself) expects it from you. There are no rules for grief, other than it takes time.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8323 on: August 09, 2010, 04:45:14 pm »

In going through my older blog posts, I found this one of Rich and I, and decided to add it to my cube this morning.

I have it placed right next to this one.

Mortality has a way of slapping you in the face, doesn't it?  I never dreamed after meeting Jackie in August 2006 that I would be mourning her passing in 2008.  Similarly, after meeting Rich in September of 2007, that I'd be mourning his passing in 2010.

I am reminded of a poem that was read on the show "Little House On the Prairie", during the funeral of a character who "died".

"Remember me with smiles and laughter,
 for that is how I will remember you all.
 If you can only remember me with tears,
 then don't remember me at all."

I will look at these pics and smile, and thank God that he blessed me enough to have my life's path merge with theirs, even if only for a brief time.

My life was made richer because they were here with me, and I am a better man.

(((((((((Chuck)))))))))

It hurts terribly now, and probably will for a while, but you were truly blessed by knowing these people.

And it's good to hear that your Brokie photos are back up at work.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8324 on: August 10, 2010, 10:57:31 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hope that everyone is chugging along and doing well, all things considered.

I took one of my fave CDs out and played it on the way to work.....a little Hi-NRG dance music.  ;D  It put me in a good mood.  Got to my cube, and saw all my Brokie friends back in place, and started the day with a smile.

So far, I was much more productive today than yesterday.  That's a good thing.  ;D

I haven't weighed myself since before going to Georgia, and with all I ate, I've decided not to weigh myself until next week.

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8325 on: August 10, 2010, 01:59:23 pm »
Chuck, I'm a 'Little House on the Prairie' afficionado, so I remember that quote clearly.  Do you realize it was made by Patricia Neal, who died yesterday morn?  I got chills, reading your words, knowing you probably didn't know that.

Hiya Mandy!

I had heard she passed, I hadn't known she was responsible for that poem.  How strange!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8326 on: August 10, 2010, 02:03:27 pm »
Season 2, Episodes 7 and 8.  Yup, weird timing...  I watched Hud last night in her memory.  She was a strikingly sexy woman, I always thought.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 03:48:04 pm by Mandy21 »
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8327 on: August 10, 2010, 02:06:18 pm »
Good to see ya here Mandy.....How are you?

Oh, btw,

I got some good news that I'm not at liberty to share publicly.  ;D  However, anyone who wants to know may send me a PM titled "Good News" and I'll answer.

;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8328 on: August 10, 2010, 09:20:36 pm »
Happy Anniversary to all the Brokies who went to the first big BBQ in Texas in 2006!

August 11th-13th, 2006 - BBM Backyard BBQ, Texas.

Killersmom, Trigger Hippie, ImJackshesEnnis, painted shoes, Gnash, estefue + Alan, Sydney, Rob In Puyallup, Helen_UK, WLAGuy, brokaholic, fritzkep, CellarDweller, mcnell1120, BrokenOkie, jack, mary, ImEnnisShesJack, maturben, me jack, twtplanner
michaelflanagansf, Boris, bcatjr, tigs, Wiley, Sparky, desperadum, Cabin + Jack, amscram + David, Zudos, Tellyouwhat, Jenna, mobody, PatSinnott + 1 guest, BBMBliss, Elvan, wksheldon + 3 guest, , JuliaCat, RickB, Conny, RedBrit, djbdc9, CactusGal, Twistedboy, Amdaz, Sheera, Melissasjack, bradINblue, AdrianDelMar, City Girl, OhioMyOwn, Agbabe, Welles, Sunspot, Lyle (Mooska), Marc, tcolors, JoJoGunn, sfericsf, ptannen, Lance, Ennis Del Mark, MellorSJ, BrokeBackTom, Seeker, Gonzo, Scot5636, David (Sheera's Friend), NickInIdaho, EDelMar + Adrian, BayCityJohn.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #8329 on: August 10, 2010, 09:56:27 pm »
What a list, Chuckie!  It is extremely cool to see how many of those folks I've met and/or know, AND how many are still active in some way.

I remember Adrian telling me a story about how his rental car turned over 1963 miles when he parked at Auntie's.

Coincidence?  I think not.

:*
"Laß sein. Laß sein."