Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9047310 times)

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #8800 on: September 30, 2010, 09:02:32 am »
Good morning, Chuck.

Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #8801 on: September 30, 2010, 08:25:57 pm »
I'm behind you, whatever you decide, Chuck.  This has certainly been a sad day, not just for gay people, but for all people who deserve to be called human.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8802 on: October 01, 2010, 11:19:36 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Oh my God, i'm up to page 888 on my blog!

;D

and now, what would the nsw stand for?  Perhaps "Not Safe for Work"?  So that means I need to post a sexy image here!!!!  It will be as a link, just in case anyone is at work today and reading!

http://nisha-sharma.com/wp-content/uploads/sexy-cowboys.jpg

How is everyone today?  It's Friday!  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Been keeping busy at work, making sure all is done!  Plans for both Saturday and Sunday, but nothing extreme, so I should get some rest.

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #8803 on: October 01, 2010, 11:36:48 am »
Hiya, Chucky -- happy Friday from the ass of nowhere in NE Kansas!  Sorry you real Northeasterners are going through so much up there.  Saw this on Perez Hilton yesterday, in terms of making a decision about the blog you might want to post on YouTube.  I hope (or don't  :o) that you stay dry this weekend.

America In CRISIS! A 3rd Teenage Boy Dies This Week! 5th Death From Suicide In Less Than Three Weeks!!!!

Gay, lesbian and transgender youth have a MUCH higher suicide rate than their heterosexual peers. Fact.

SOMETHING must be done to reach out to them more!!!!

Billy Lucas, Asher Brown, Seth Walsh, Tyler Clementi and now Raymond Chase, 19, from Monticello, New York.

We have just lost a 5th young soul this week - that we know of - who is either gay or the victim or gay bullying. The 5th suicide in less than three weeks and the 3rd death just this week alone!

It is just devastating for us to report that we have learned that Raymond Chase, an openly gay sophomore at Johnson and Wales University in Providence, Rhode Island , studying culinary arts committed suicide on Wednesday, several students have informed us.

The 19 year old is believed to have hung himself in his dormitory.

Ronald Martel, Ph.D., Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Students, sent the following email to students on Thursday.

Today I contact you with the deeply sad news of the passing of Raymond Chase, sophomore, 19, culinary arts major. The campus community is mourning the loss of this vibrant young man who leaves many JWU friends and teachers, and a loving family of Monticello, New York.

Funeral arrangements are not available at this time. As we obtain more information that can be shared, we will do so. Ray's JWU friends and the university are planning a memorial service for the campus community. Those details will be forthcoming.

In the meantime, I encourage anyone who is having a difficult time to seek the services available at Student Counseling. Our staff of professionals is here to work with all of you during this sorrowful time. Their help and confidentiality is a benefit that you should consider.

Student Counseling services are available at the The Friedman Center, 2nd floor, Harborside Campus and at Wales (formerly Plantations) Hall, 2nd Floor, Downcity Campus. Call 401-598-1016 to reach both locations.

By expressing the university community's condolences to Ray's family, I join you during this time of bereavement.

THIS HAS TO STOP!!!!!

This is a trend that is NOT FASHIONABLE!

Suicide is never an option!

Please, please, please, TALK to your sons, brothers, cousins, friends, roommates! If someone you know is gay or questioning and going through a hard time, OFFER YOUR HELP.

Sometimes people just want to know someone is there to listen.

And, if you need someone to talk to yourself, please call the trained professionals at The Trevor Project and speak anonymously!

One life lost is bad enough but 3 in one week and 5 in less than three weeks is unacceptable!!!

Read More: Celebrity gossip juicy celebrity rumors Hollywood gossip blog from Perez Hilton http://perezhilton.com/page/2/#ixzz117b0UNHs
Celebrity Juice, Not from Concentrate
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline dejavu

« Reply #8804 on: October 01, 2010, 03:04:40 pm »
Have a good weekend, Chuck.

Hi, Mandy.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8805 on: October 01, 2010, 03:53:34 pm »
Hello!

It's been a crazy busy day here at work, I assume because it was the first of the month.

However, I managed to stay on top of everything, and get all my work done!  ;D

I even cleaned out the two refrigerators today, and they were gross.  There was food in there with an expiration date of 6/2010.

Ewwwwwwwww!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline dejavu

« Reply #8806 on: October 01, 2010, 04:21:09 pm »
I even cleaned out the two refrigerators today, and they were gross.  There was food in there with an expiration date of 6/2010.

Ewwwwwwwww!

Ewwwwww is right!   :o

At least it wasn't 10/2006!
Jack's from Texas.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8807 on: October 01, 2010, 07:25:02 pm »
Well, I intended to make a run through of my video, but I can't get my webcam to work.  LOL

Apparently when I had the computer clean, they wiped out the software for the webcam, and I can't find the disc.

I'll search around tomorrow and see if I can find it.  If not, I'll buy a new webcam and load it onto my computer.

Here is a draft of what I plan on saying....let me know what you think.

Hello everyone,

My name is Chuck.  I’m 41, and I’m gay.

I’m recording this message because in the past month 5 young lives have been ended, by their own hands, because they were outed, teased, tormented and bullied for being gay.

I know there are many other young people out there who are gay, and may be considering this action as well.  When I was your age, I did the same thing.  Please don’t, because it gets better.

When I was in my teens and early 20s, I was verbally and physically abused by others both in and out of school, and finally the day came where I felt I could take no more, but I changed my mind, and I decided to be true to myself and learn to hold my head high, and love and respect myself.

Make no mistake…there will be people who will continue to give you trouble.  There will even be those who will attempt to tell you that “It Gets Worse”.  They are lying to you.  As someone who has been there, and walked in the shoes that you’re walking in now, I can promise you that it does get better.

Before I was someone who was afraid and alone, only leaving the house for work or school.  After coming out, and giving people the chance to know the real me, things have improved greatly.  I have a great career in the banking field.  I’m out to all my coworkers, and work for a company that supports their gay employees, marching in the NYC gay pride parade and offering benefits to same-sex couples. 

My social network has increased by hundreds, and I go out to shows, plays, clubs, parties, and anything else you can think of.

I’ve traveled to about 16 states, and been to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, England and Italy.

I’m currently single, but I’ve had some great, loving relationships.  I know a number of gay couples who have been together for 10 years or more, and have had commitment ceremonies.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow once said “He that respects himself is safe from others.  He wears a coat of mail that none can  pierce.”

Respect yourselves, and never forget all the great things that you could accomplish. 

Don’t let those who hate bring you down, because you are better than that, and never forget that you are not alone!

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #8808 on: October 01, 2010, 07:49:26 pm »
Chuck, I'm proud of you for taking action and making this effort to do something positive to help change the world.  I hope you're open to a bit of constructive input, as well as praise?  I love the gist and the sentiment and flat-out honesty of what you're saying, Chuck, but I don't think it really reflects your true personality or your love of your life.  You fought so hard to be the man you are today, and your life has been blessed and broadened ten-thousandfold since you came out.  I'm not sure you put enough emphasis on the positives  You have one of the most dynamic personalities EVER, but if I didn't know that statement was from you, I wouldn't have had the first clue that you were the one that wrote it.  Give it some of that Chucky sparkle that you've enchanted us all with.  Also, just a thought, you might want to go into more detail of the specific thoughts that were running through your head when you considered doing what some of these kids are considering doing.  Maybe that will help them relate to your message.  After all, kids today don't really listen to grown-ups, do they, so you've got an uphill battle to grab their attention.

I was going to just PM this to you, but when someone asks for thoughts, I presume they want all thoughts.  Hope that's okay.

Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline dejavu

« Reply #8809 on: October 01, 2010, 07:55:00 pm »
Chuck, as I said on DCF, I really like what you wrote.  It's well-worded and gets across the positive message you are trying to send.

As Mandy says, maybe you could work on it a little and try to personalize it more with the "downs" that came before the new "ups," but I like the flow that it has right now.

Also, I think when you are actually recording it, the important thing would be to not just read it, but talk right into the camera and speak like you're really talking to the young people.  I believe you can do that; that's where the spark of your personality comes in.
Jack's from Texas.