Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9032218 times)

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #9000 on: November 07, 2010, 02:56:36 pm »
New Zealand celebrates Guy Fawkes so the last few nights about 9pm (when it gets dark) there have been explosions around. They only sell fireworks for 4 or 5 days before. When I was a child in Australia we celebrated on Commonwealth (once Empire) day May 24 then it moved to Queen's Birthday (2nd Monday in June) much more suitable dates in Southern hemisphere. However Australia banned the sale of fireworks many years ago and now there are just community organised and licenced ones. NZ is thinking of going the same way as each year there are school fires and a woman here had lighted fireworks thrown into her car the other day from a passing car and she had children on board. Hoons spoil everything.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #9001 on: November 07, 2010, 07:03:19 pm »
More news on this puh-leese!

Not much to tell.  He "winked" at me on Match.com and I sent a reply.  He hasn't responded, so nothing else to say.

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9002 on: November 08, 2010, 11:02:55 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

How is everyone today?

So, did anyone else in America have an issue with the time change and their body clocks?

I went to bed at my usual time, and instead of waking up at 5, I woke up at 4!  :o

I'm hoping that I don't get tired during the day, but if I did, that would be hysterical!  All the traveling I do with little to no jetlag, and then staying home and turning the clock back one hour screws me all up!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #9003 on: November 08, 2010, 11:15:59 am »
Morning, Chuck!  Since I don't have a job, I get to wake up whenever I feel like it, so this morning didn't bother me at all.  I do love it when it gets dark earlier at night, cause that means I get to squeeze in an extra scary movie before I hit the hay.  Started to watch the 2010 "Nightmare on Elm Street" last night, all alone, in the dark, by myself, with no lights on, and ended up screaming out loud (quite loudly, I might add -- surprised the neighbors didn't call the cops) within the first 28 minutes.  Decided it would be best to finish watching that one in the light of day today, while all my neighbors are off being responsible hard-working citizens who won't have to worry that I'm being bludgeoned to death in my living room.   :laugh: 

What will you be doing on your date tomorrow night, if I may ask?
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9004 on: November 08, 2010, 04:22:43 pm »
Crappy weather here today, not only rain here, but hail before!

damn!  Too early for that!

Just got word that my immediate supervisor will be leaving in two weeks.  I'm happy for her, she had a commute that was too long, but I'll miss her, she was very knowledgeable and fair.

Mandy, my "date" will be at a bookstore that has a café in it, and it's not tomorrow, it's Thursday.

Offline dejavu

« Reply #9005 on: November 08, 2010, 04:27:40 pm »
Crappy weather here today, not only rain here, but hail before!

damn!  Too early for that!

Crappy weather here, too!  Rain, sleet, wind and all that is making it feel colder than it really is.

I'm relieved that you big Snow Fan are not happy about this miserable weather.

Clean, white, peaceful snow would be so much nicer.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #9006 on: November 08, 2010, 06:35:43 pm »
Best of luck for Thursday Chuck...
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline dejavu

« Reply #9007 on: November 08, 2010, 07:02:35 pm »
Yes, good luck for Thursday, Chuck.  Since you don't know what the weather will be, that's a good place to meet.

Casual and easy-going, and nobody has to stay longer than they are comfortable with.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9008 on: November 09, 2010, 09:35:10 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

How is everyone today?

Well, I got my full night of sleep, and didn't wake an hour earlier like I did yesterday. :laugh:

Got the car back yesterday as well, and it's handling nicely and is ready for my road trip this weekend.

;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9009 on: November 09, 2010, 09:36:39 am »
I do love it when it gets dark earlier at night, cause that means I get to squeeze in an extra scary movie before I hit the hay.  Started to watch the 2010 "Nightmare on Elm Street" last night, all alone, in the dark, by myself, with no lights on, and ended up screaming out loud (quite loudly, I might add -- surprised the neighbors didn't call the cops) within the first 28 minutes.  Decided it would be best to finish watching that one in the light of day today, while all my neighbors are off being responsible hard-working citizens who won't have to worry that I'm being bludgeoned to death in my living room.

:D :D :D

Oh, that is funny!  I have to say, I like that it gets darker earlier now too, and I do enjoy a good scary movie.   ;D