Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9031109 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #9260 on: January 09, 2011, 03:33:32 pm »
Hey Chuck, Yesterday I was busier than I anticipated, showed a house to a prospective buyer and they really loved it, and then we learned it had been mold remediated, so......

Then I showed a house in the late afternoon to a Mennonite family, they are similar to the Amish. They have bought sever rental houses in the are that I manage for them.

After that I went to the discount grocery, the place where you can get a buggy by posting a quarter deposit. Got stocked up on lunch meat (turkey and chicken salet) for the coming week, and fruit: apples, oranges, bananas. I made my way to the front and they had one check out open. I got in line being this woman about my age whose buggy was full of everything in the store. I don't know how she pushed the thing. Presently here came her daughter, about age 20, and her grand daughter, about age 4. The 20 year old put the 4 year on it the child seat on the buggy so she could help the 47 year old empty the contents of the buggy on to the conveyor belt and as soon as she did, the little girls eyes went to the candy.

"Mamma I was that!" she pointed. Mamma ignored her.

Little girl beat upon her mothers torso, "Mamma, I want that candy" This resulted in a "no" in response.

Another check out opened, I quickly moved, I had seen this movie before.

"Mamma! I want that candy! WHAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

The 40 or so people in the two lines assumed an air of "nothing is going on, there is nothing at all wrong here, I don't see or hear anything". Their checker rushed them through.

The little girl was shrieking at the top of her lungs. The mother took her over to the side, she was still screaming about the damn candy and the Mother said to her: "we already got you Santi-pops" (whatever they are).

The little girl immediately stopped and asked "Can I have one?"

"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9261 on: January 09, 2011, 08:01:22 pm »
Chuck, you look smashingly handsome.  Maybe you should stop off at a bar or cafe on the way home, and see if any other interesting handsome men would agree?

Go on Chuck, all on here agree - ya smashingly handsome! Am I allowed to double dare ya?

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #9262 on: January 10, 2011, 10:09:06 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

How is everyone doin' today?

I lost another pound, so after 7 days, I've lost 6 pounds.  ;D

I have the car in the shop right now......I hope it's nothing major.  I'm sure you've all heard that awful squeeling noise that cars make when the fan belt is about to go?  Well, my car is doing that, but only when I turn on the defroster for the front window. 

Since we're about to get a snowstorm either tonight or tomorrow, I think it's best to get that fixed.  LOL

I'll report back on the damage.   :-\

According to my travel calendar, my weekend location was Shiba Park, Tokyo.  In the park there is the Tokyo Tower, which pays homage to the Eiffel Tower in Paris, but is not the same height.

Today's travel stop is Moorea, Society Islands, French Polynesia.  Contending with Bora Bora for the title of World's Most Gorgeous Island, Moorea has played the stunning backdrop to countless Hollywood films.  The paved road that circles the island and climbs amid its jagged, dinosaur-scale peaks leads to amazing views whether traveled by bicycle, scooter, car, or foot.

According to my travel calendar, today's stop is La Mezquita, in Cordoba, Spain.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9263 on: January 10, 2011, 10:39:31 am »
Chuck, you look smashingly handsome.  Maybe you should stop off at a bar or cafe on the way home, and see if any other interesting handsome men would agree?

Go on Chuck, all on here agree - ya smashingly handsome! Am I allowed to double dare ya?

Ya both are making me blush!  LOL   :laugh:

As for double dare, please....as if I would fall for that.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9264 on: January 11, 2011, 06:55:55 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

How is everyone doin' today?

Scale says I lost two more pounds today!  ;D  Down to 217,  8 pounds in 8 days.

I got the car back yesterday, only $100.00, so I can't complain.  I filled her up with fuel and window cleaner, so she's ready for the approaching storm.  We should be getting hit with it starting tonight.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9265 on: January 11, 2011, 08:49:06 am »
Today's travel destination:

Blue Mountains, New South Wales, Australia.

Although the Blue Mountains, a vast sandstone tableland with dramatic eroded scenery, are only ninety minutes away form Sydney, resist the urge to cram them in as a day trip.  Once you've arrived in this glorious playground of everything from antiuques shopping to bush walking, you'll want to linger.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #9266 on: January 11, 2011, 09:29:42 am »
And it is summer time there.....
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9267 on: January 12, 2011, 03:10:14 am »

Blue Mountains, New South Wales, Australia.

Although the Blue Mountains, a vast sandstone tableland with dramatic eroded scenery, are only ninety minutes away form Sydney, resist the urge to cram them in as a day trip.  Once you've arrived in this glorious playground of everything from antiuques shopping to bush walking, you'll want to linger.
My home from 1982 to Jan 2010. Did lots of bushwalking but no antiques

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9268 on: January 12, 2011, 10:16:48 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy hump day!

So far, so quiet here!  We had about 7 inches of new snow here and it's now 9:20 and almost no one is in the office.  :o  The roads are very clear, so I guess everyone just slept in and is still digging out.

:laugh:

Well, I emailed all my clients yesterday to warn them we may be closed today, so I had them send me all their work yesterday.  I'm hoping that means a nice, quiet day today!   ;D

Chitwan National Park, Nepal.

Chitwan National Park is the first national park in Nepal. Formerly called Royal Chitwan National Park it was established in 1973 and granted the status of a World Heritage Site in 1984. It covers an area of 932 km2 and is located in the subtropical Inner Terai lowlands of south-central Nepal in the Chitwan district. In altitude it ranges from about 100 metres (330 ft) in the river valleys to 815 metres (2,674 ft) in the Churia Hills.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 12:13:07 pm by CellarDweller »

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9269 on: January 12, 2011, 10:19:28 am »
And it is summer time there.....

Spoken like a man who is tired of snow already!

We've only had about three storms here so far!

My home from 1982 to Jan 2010. Did lots of bushwalking but no antiques

Cool!  I'm hoping to hit a few more homes of a few more Brokies this year!  I believe you were the first person to say my calendar had their home on it!   ;D