Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9049120 times)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10060 on: July 15, 2011, 08:41:12 am »
Some exclusions are temporary, some are lasting.
So, gay men are excluded from donoring blood in Germany, too. But they're in good comapny at least. Everybody who was having some fun during the last year is pretty much excluded. ::)[End of sarcasm]

Chrissie: :laugh:

Regarding gay men: they are excluded from donoring blood in Sweden, too. It´s been discussions on that very topic here recently. Seems like many scientists think that that particular exclusion is rather unfounded. I have a hard time to wrap my mind around it, too. Are gay men believed to be more promiscious than heterosexual men? Perhaps they should just exclude everyone who are having sex and get it over with ::)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #10061 on: July 15, 2011, 08:53:05 am »
Regarding gay men: they are excluded from donoring blood in Sweden, too. It´s been discussions on that very topic here recently. Seems like many scientists think that that particular exclusion is rather unfounded. I have a hard time to wrap my mind around it, too. Are gay men believed to be more promiscious than heterosexual men? Perhaps they should just exclude everyone who are having sex and get it over with ::)

I don't think it's the promiscuity per se. I've always assumed it's the potential for exposure to sexually transmitted diseases, and not just the obvious, HIV. There is also hepatitis to consider.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #10062 on: July 15, 2011, 05:56:29 pm »

Today's travel destination:

Kew Gardens, Richmond, Surrey, England

The vast indoor-outdoor Royal Botanical Gardens, about 6.5 miles southwest of London, boast 50,000 species of plants, including the world's largest orchid collection.

I've been there!  About 35 years ago...  :-\

It was lovely. It was in the spring, with thousands and thousands of tulips in every imaginable colour.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10063 on: July 18, 2011, 08:01:18 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Another weekend has passed, and now back to the work week!

Ugh!

The Chiemsee, Barvaria, Germany.

The beautiful Chiemsee, Germany's largest lake, has attracted sailors, vacationing royalty, and the monks of the Frauenchiemsee Monastery, founded in 782 on one of the Chiemsee's three islands.  The monastery's eight-sided bell tower acquired its onion tome in 1626.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10064 on: July 18, 2011, 01:18:27 pm »
Good afternoon, Chuck.

I hope your day is going fairly well by now, for a Monday.   :)
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10065 on: July 19, 2011, 08:04:28 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Well, we made it through Monday.   :laugh:

I'm at work at the moment, feeling peaceful....no one else is here yet.   :laugh:  i'm sure the day will get busy soon, and I should be working now, so it's time to get to it!

Old Akko, Israel.

Akko (Acre) was a crusaders' city, and archaeologists have excavated a warren of underground corridors that were the home of 50,000 knights and inhabitant.  Aboveground, the mosques, minarets, Turkish bath and aqueducts are monuments to Ottoman influence built in the 18th century.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #10066 on: July 19, 2011, 08:24:51 am »
I've been there, it's an amazing place.

So full of history, you can almost feel it buzz in the air.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #10067 on: July 19, 2011, 08:41:53 am »

The Chiemsee, Barvaria, Germany.

The beautiful Chiemsee, Germany's largest lake, has attracted sailors, vacationing royalty, and the monks of the Frauenchiemsee Monastery, founded in 782 on one of the Chiemsee's three islands.  The monastery's eight-sided bell tower acquired its onion tome in 1626.

Been there!

We Brokies sure are bunch of travellers, and many have been even before BBM.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10068 on: July 20, 2011, 07:54:50 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy Hump Day!  ;D

I get to leave the office today at 3:00, a small group of us are going on a boat ride, then out to dinner, and then back on the boat for a bit.  Should be fun!  I'm sure I'll get some color on my face and arms, which is always good!

Canyon Country, Eastern Style.

Gaze up (or down) at canyon walls at Starved Rock State Park, Illinois, wehre glacial melt-water once cut through the sandstone, and these other points east of the Mississippi River:

Letworth State Park, Castile NY;  Pine Creek Gorge, Colton Point State Park, Wellsboro, Pa.; Blackwater Canyon, Davis WV, & Cloudland Canyon State Park, Rising Fawn, Georgia

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #10069 on: July 20, 2011, 08:45:13 am »
Pine Creek Gorge, Colton Point State Park, Wellsboro, Pa.

I was there once, when I was a kid. Very pretty.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.