Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9073414 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10190 on: August 29, 2011, 08:04:58 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Well, here we are, back at Monday!

;D

I'm sure that by now you've all seen my Irene pics in the Weather thread, so there's no reason to double-post them here.  The commute this morning wasn't bad, and I got here in my usual travel time.  Parking lot is a little muddy, so I get the impression it was flooded here.  The building seems to have little to no water pressure, so I wasn't able to make coffee today for everyone.  My real concerns is whether or not the toilets will flush.

Today's travel destination:

Aeroskobing,  Aero, Denmark.

A protected heritage town of small shops and cobblestone streets, Aeroskobing is a favorite spotfor bicyclists, who can tour Aero and its big-sister island of Funen on 580 miles of marked bike paths through bucolic countrysides.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10191 on: August 29, 2011, 11:09:18 am »
Guess what?  We evacuated our building again today!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The alarms didn't go off, and the firemen didn't come back, but when we got to work the air was stuffy, and that's when we realized that we were working on a back-up generator instead of full power.  On top of that, the office building had no running water, which meant we couldn't use the sinks, get any water for coffee, and (most importantly) no toilets.

::)

So we all had to pack up and leave.  Those who have laptops can work from home.  I don't have that luxury, so I had to locate to another location.

On the plus side, the location I am at now is a branch, which means that everyone must be in "full business attire".  Well, in my office we do "business casual", so I'm not properly dressed.  This means the branch manager is working on the Banking Rep line, and I get to have her office to do my job.  I'm getting my own office for the first time ever.

:laugh: :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #10192 on: August 29, 2011, 11:17:36 am »
Your building owner must be tearing his or her hair out!! Enjoy relaxing in your private office today, Chuck!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10193 on: August 29, 2011, 12:02:23 pm »
Enjoy!

Guess what?  We evacuated our building again today!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The alarms didn't go off, and the firemen didn't come back, but when we got to work the air was stuffy, and that's when we realized that we were working on a back-up generator instead of full power.  On top of that, the office building had no running water, which meant we couldn't use the sinks, get any water for coffee, and (most importantly) no toilets.

::)

So we all had to pack up and leave.  Those who have laptops can work from home.  I don't have that luxury, so I had to locate to another location.

On the plus side, the location I am at now is a branch, which means that everyone must be in "full business attire".  Well, in my office we do "business casual", so I'm not properly dressed.  This means the branch manager is working on the Banking Rep line, and I get to have her office to do my job.  I'm getting my own office for the first time ever.

:laugh: :laugh:
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #10194 on: August 29, 2011, 01:32:56 pm »
Geez, Chuck, you need to go in and ask for hazard pay!  ;)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #10195 on: August 29, 2011, 01:39:41 pm »
Geez, Chuck, you need to go in and ask for hazard pay!  ;)

hehe! I heard your building say it's gonna keep doing this until they give you a private office!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #10196 on: August 29, 2011, 01:52:12 pm »
I'm so sorry about the lack of hottie firemen in your life today, Chuck.....    >:(

;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10197 on: August 30, 2011, 08:00:13 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Well, I'm back in my usual cube.  I came into the building, and before I even signed on, I went to the men's room and flushed the toilets.  They are working, so we can stay here.

;D

Now, to get some work done!   :laugh:

Lugano, Ticino, Switzerland.

One of the pleasures of Lugano, a city in the Italian-speaking canton fo Ticino, which borders Italy, is a walk along the shady promenade on Lake Lugano with a few of the mountains on the other side.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #10198 on: August 30, 2011, 08:50:01 am »
Well, I'm back in my usual cube.  I came into the building, and before I even signed on, I went to the men's room and flushed the toilets.  They are working, so we can stay here.

;D

Sounds like me last week when I boarded the Cardinal in Chicago for my return run to Philadelphia. After the experience of the non-working toilets on the Lake Shore Limited, before the Cardinal even pulled out of Chicago I flushed the toilet in my roomette to make sure it worked.  ;D

Good thing it's not like the old days, when train toilets just dumped out onto the tracks!  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10199 on: August 31, 2011, 07:43:35 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy Hump Day!

Well, the weekend is within view, and I've already got plans!   I'll be going out dancing on Friday night with a few of the guys from the bowling league, which I'm psyched about.  I haven't been dancing in a while. 

Sunday I have lunch with a friend, and then a BBQ at another friend's house for dinner.

Of course, it's Labor Day weekend, so I'll have that Monday off to relax and regroup after the weekend.  LOL  And then on Tuesday, the League starts with its first official game.

I am also very happy to say that the film I've been "pimping" on the Brokie forums and my Facebook Page (Queens & Cowboys) reached its funding goal, and is currently past the $35,000.00 goal!  It is currently at $36,228.00!

Congrats to film maker Matt Livadary, and many thanks to any and all Brokies who helped support the project.

Helsingor, Denmark.

There are a places in the world, like this castle, Kronbor Slot in Helsingor, Denmark, where you can't visit for long without imagining a character from one of Shakespeare's plays is about to tap you on the shoulder.