Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8993227 times)

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10210 on: September 02, 2011, 05:50:32 pm »
Have a good weekend, Chuck and all!
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10211 on: September 03, 2011, 11:15:22 am »
This reminded me of you so it can be your Labor Day song  ;)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10212 on: September 05, 2011, 02:16:23 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

;D

I feel like I was soooo behind here!

This weekend has been a busy one! 

Friday morning I was up at 5am and had a workout, went to work, got home at 5pm, had dinner and a second workout, cleaned up and went out dancing, and didn't get home until 5am on Saturday morning!  I was up for a solid 24 hours.

Saturday was a bit of a sleep in, and then I had some chores and shopping to catch up on.

Sunday I had breakfast with friends, then lunch with a friend, and then dinner was a BBQ at a 3rd friend's house.

Today is a bank holiday (Labor Day) so I had the day off work, which is why I wasn't around here today.  Slept in to try and recover from the weekend, but I'm still tired.  LOL  Had lunch with my family, and now I'm catching up on stuff on the 'net.

Tomorrow the bowling league starts their competitions, so I'm excited.  I'm not even sure what team I'm on, but I'm feeling great about the league.  The people I met a few weeks ago are a lot of fun, and one of the guys invited out for the night of dancing last Friday.  I'm meeting a bunch of new people, I think this is going to be an exciting thing for me.

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10213 on: September 05, 2011, 02:34:53 pm »
Enjoy the league!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #10214 on: September 05, 2011, 03:08:40 pm »
Wow, you're starting out September with a bang, Chuck. Don't worry, you'll catch up on your sleep soon enough!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10215 on: September 06, 2011, 07:48:53 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope that everyone is doing welll after the weekend!

I'm feeling really good today, it seems like a lot of positive stuff is going on at the moment.

;D

Today's Travel Destination:

Monemvassia, Peloponnese, Greece

Well-to-do Greeks have created vacation homes in many of the once-crumbling runins of this medieval town clinging to the side of an island-like rock.  But go in the off-season, when Monemvassia is almost deserted, adn you can feel that you have stone buildings and Byzantine churches almost to yourself.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #10216 on: September 06, 2011, 02:49:49 pm »
Your such a snappy dresser.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10217 on: September 07, 2011, 02:18:04 pm »
Really crazy day today,

I'll give a proper update (and travel destination) after work!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10218 on: September 07, 2011, 05:18:35 pm »
Really crazy day today,

I'll give a proper update (and travel destination) after work!

Work crazy or gossip crazy!?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10219 on: September 07, 2011, 08:00:33 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I forgot to set my alarm, and didn't wake up until 7:00am,  I'm usually only about 10 minutes away from work at that time!  I quick got up, dressed, and got on my way to work......by 7:15 I was about 10 minutes away from work, when traffic slowed to a crawl.  I wasn't surprised, I was on Route 78 in NJ, it can get very slow there. 

However, as I approached the ramp that connected 78 to Route 24, traffic came to a complete stop.  Apparently there was an accident.  I was about 7 cars away from the beginning of the ramp, and in the middle (of three) lane.  A truck with a flashing sign showed up that said "Ramp closed" with an arrow to continue on to Route 78.  However, people at the front of the hold up believed the ramp would open again shortly, so they waited, and held up traffic for 40 minutes.

Once the police showed up and forced people to go onto 78, traffic started to move again, but I had to go 5 miles up the road to the next exit and u-turn onto the opposite direction and use that highway to get to work.

In general, it takes about 20 minutes or so to get to work.  Today, I hit traffic at 7:15am, and got to my cubicle at work at 9:30am.

It was awful.  I truly hope that whatever happened on that ramp, that everyone survived.  My brother is on the police force, and he told me that when an accident area is closed to other traffic, it can mean the accident resulted in a fatality.

Work was crazy today, and I hadn't been online since last night.  Ugh! 

Today's Travel Destination:

Vence - Provence-Alpes-Cote D'azur,  France

Cognoscenti are attracted to the open-air market in Vence (regarded as one of the best in the region) and to the unpretentious, everyday feel of the city, which is tucked in the rolling backgountry beyond the coastal Riviera.