Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9032059 times)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10240 on: September 16, 2011, 12:28:18 pm »
Been there!  One of my favorite places in the world.  My only regret in not marrying is I missed honeymooning in Venice.  ;)
Been there, too! But mostly I remember sitting on the stairs to the train station, eating cheese (don´t ask)  :laugh:

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10241 on: September 16, 2011, 02:59:42 pm »
I was there in January 1976. Thinking of another visit but from what I read it is far too touristy now >:(
No honeymoon   :D but I did meet a beautiful guy who I first saw in the square in Florence and we toured Venice together. He was a medical student from Perth, Australia (but I was only 32 then). However, as far as I know he was straight, and I have never heard from him since. I climbed Vesuvius (we missed the bus) a few days  earlier with another gorgeous guy, this time from Melbourne. It took about 8 hours. Oh to be young again.
By the way, in mid Winter most tourists in Italy were from the Southern hemisphere spending our long summer vacation. I would not advise anyone else going there at that time. By the time the afternoon siesta was over it was cold and dark.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #10242 on: September 16, 2011, 03:20:03 pm »
I was there in January 1976. Thinking of another visit but from what I read it is far too touristy now >:(
No honeymoon   :D but I did meet a beautiful guy who I first saw in the square in Florence and we toured Venice together. He was a medical student from Perth, Australia (but I was only 32 then). However, as far as I know he was straight, and I have never heard from him since. I climbed Vesuvius (we missed the bus) a few days  earlier with another gorgeous guy, this time from Melbourne. It took about 8 hours. Oh to be young again.
By the way, in mid Winter most tourists in Italy were from the Southern hemisphere spending our long summer vacation. I would not advise anyone else going there at that time. By the time the afternoon siesta was over it was cold and dark.

I don't know, Brian. With all those gorgeous guys you met at that time of year? Sounds pretty good to me!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10243 on: September 17, 2011, 07:06:14 am »
Today's Travel Destination:

The Rialto, Venice, Italy.

The Rialto, the heart of Venice, exudes romance, but historiocally it buzzed with commerce.  Stroll its lively canalside markets for a sense of the days when galleys unloaded spices, slaves, and ivory.  Although souvenirs like gondloier hats and carnival masks have muscled in amid the produce and exotic seafood, the view from the white-marble bridge can still appear unchanged.

Two in a row! - been there!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #10244 on: September 17, 2011, 12:06:00 pm »
Two in a row! - been there!

I'm sorry you've been quarrelling with Callum.....   ::) 8) ;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10245 on: September 17, 2011, 12:41:25 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hoping that everyone is well today!   ;D

I slept in, had a light breakfast and lunch, and then did some shopping.  I needed to get some frames for items I won on ebay.  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10246 on: September 17, 2011, 01:03:49 pm »
I'm sorry you've been quarrelling with Callum.....   ::) 8) ;D

:laugh:
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10247 on: September 19, 2011, 08:17:07 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Here we are, back at Monday!

>:(

I feel like I just left this place.....and I actually did.  Ugh!   I came into the office on my day off (Sunday) to get caught up on stuff that has been needing my attention.  Of course, I won't get paid for it, but at this point, I'm ok with that.  I'm just glad that my head is above water again.

Truth be told, it was cool to be here yesterday.  I was the only one in the building, it was nice and quiet.  With no one to bother me, I was here for 3 1/2 hours, but got more done then than I usually do.

;D

Bodnant Garden, Conwy, Wales.

A pleasure ground for all seasons, Bodnant Garden covers nearly 100 acres arranged in formal Italian-style terraces leading down to a wild garden full of colorful flowers, exotic shrubs, magnificant trees, and rock ensambles.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10248 on: September 20, 2011, 07:40:28 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Tuesday!  It's bowling night!  ;D

Well, things went well yesterday.....work was work....lol   but I did manage to stay on top of everything  ;D

Drayton Hall, Charleston, South Carolina.

Drayton Hall, one of the plantation mansions outside Charleston along the Ashley River, is a fine example of eorgian-Palladian architecture and the United States oldest plantation house museum open to the public.  Inside, it remains much as it was when it was built in 174, never updated with electricty or running water.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 11:06:16 am by Meryl »

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10249 on: September 21, 2011, 08:32:09 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Wednesday!  Happy Hump day!

although for me, it's "grump day".

Bowling is usually over between 10:30-11:00.  One of my friends needed a ride, so I took him with me.  My team was done bowling by 10:45, and I was about to leave when I remembered I had to take Ron home as well.

Well, apparently there were delays with his team, and damn it, they didn't finish until midnight.  Ugh!  By the time I got Ron home and got myself to bed, it was 12:30am and I was up by 5:30am.

I'm not amused, and people better stay out of my way today!

Saas-Fee, Valais, Switzerland.

Thirteen peaks more than 13,000 fee high tower ovr the small alpine village of Sass-Fee, creating stunning scenery, high-terrain hiking, and even summer skiing.