Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8996054 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10720 on: February 21, 2012, 04:14:42 pm »
Well Chuck, go on and "accidentally" hit 911!   ;D

That's how you get him back!  8)

That's what they say: Dial 911. Make a cop come. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #10721 on: February 21, 2012, 04:42:29 pm »

;D  >:D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10722 on: February 21, 2012, 06:15:00 pm »
Now.. don't be tempted to start a trend like the 4 visits from the Firemen in one week!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #10723 on: February 22, 2012, 02:54:18 am »
It's Ash Wednesday, beginning of lent for you. Wish you luck for your resolution! :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #10724 on: February 22, 2012, 09:55:13 am »
Now.. don't be tempted to start a trend like the 4 visits from the Firemen in one week!

You say that like it's a bad thing. ...  ;D

If they look like the New York fire fighters who pose for the department's charity calendar. ...  ::)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10725 on: February 22, 2012, 09:58:36 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Yes it's Ash Wednesday.  I will not be observing or attending church, as I haven't done that for a while, but I will still be doing my Lenten practice/sacrifice, which is more like a test of my willpower.

Bowling went well last night, first game was not the greatest (98) but my second game shot up to a 156 and my third was a 131.

;D

Oh, and because it was Fat Tuesday we had a small party and treats were to be had, so it was a good time, and I got to have a red velvet cupcake before my new practice started today.  ;D

Best of luck with the lent effort chuck!

Well thanks, Darlin’!  :-*  So far, so good, of course, it’s only been one meal!  :laugh:

Why not have lentils for lent, Chuck?   ;D

They're tasty and healthy and cheap.

healthy and cheap, maybe.  tasty?  debatable!

Well, you have to cook them first of course!

Depends on how you cook 'em. Lentil soup is yummy!

And the lentil debate begins!  :laugh:  I have to be honest, I can’t remember if I’ve ever had lentils or not.  The grocery store down the street sells fresh hot lentil soup, so it’s possible I have had it before and just don’t remember.

Well Chuck, go on and "accidentally" hit 911!   ;D

That's how you get him back!  8)

Hmmmm…..since that’s illegal here, that would be a problem.  However, I would not have a problem with my coworker making the same mistake.  :laugh:

I can literally picture you doing this, Chuck.  Were you checking your hair and your breath and making sure everything was tucked in proper as you were briskly walking over to help?  Guess you'll be having some sweet dreams tonight.  :laugh:

No sweet dreams last night, but not for lack of trying!  LOL

That is just bad!

I hope you were wearing your white knot.

Whats up with Gov. Christie? Does he not recognize how history with judge him? (Like anyone should care about that, but c'mon!)

Actually, I was wearing my white knot.  ;D  As for Chris Christie, the less said about him, the better.

You say that like it's a bad thing. ...  ;D

If they look like the New York fire fighters who pose for the department's charity calendar. ...  ::)

Hey now Kelda & Jeff, don't be leadin' me into temptation!!  I can find enough trouble on my own!  :laugh:

It's Ash Wednesday, beginning of lent for you. Wish you luck for your resolution! :)

Thank ya, Chrissi!  :-*   I will keep everyone updated on my progress.  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #10726 on: February 23, 2012, 08:11:33 am »

The only thing I can't resist is temptation.  ;)

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #10727 on: February 23, 2012, 08:31:58 am »

Hey, Chuck.
Just a thought ... Why not buy a laptop and a separate, full size keyboard ?
That's what I use for my laptop. Just plug the keyboard into a USB port and it configures automatically. When not in use, it sits on the laptop and the two take up hardly any space.
I've also got a separate large size slim screen, which can be plugged in when needed.
Or ... thought 2 ... an all in one? That would give you a decent size screen, with computer built in, and a separate full size keyboard, so it's just mostly vertical. There are a few brands on the market, 'tho I'm addicted to an iMac which can be slid back against the wall with the keyboard under it.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10728 on: February 23, 2012, 09:11:29 am »

Well, Ash Wednesday has come and gone and I made it through my first day of Lenten practice.  LOL

Breakfast was a SlimFast shake, lunch was sushi and Greek yogurt, and dinner was filet of sole and raw veggies with hummus.  Worked out for one hour in the evening.

Today started with a 15 minute workout and some oatmeal.

The only thing I can't resist is temptation.  ;)

Uh huh!  LOL  You are soooo bad!  Just like everyone else, tryin' to get me into trouble!

Oh, yesterday was my review!  I can't get into specifics as the company asks that you keep this confidential.  With my luck, I'd tell you all what happened, and one of my coworkers would find the post here and start issues.

I will say that it went well, and I'm happy!  ;D

Hey, Chuck.  Just a thought ... Why not buy a laptop and a separate, full size keyboard ?  That's what I use for my laptop. Just plug the keyboard into a USB port and it configures automatically. When not in use, it sits on the laptop and the two take up hardly any space.  I've also got a separate large size slim screen, which can be plugged in when needed.  Or ... thought 2 ... an all in one? That would give you a decent size screen, with computer built in, and a separate full size keyboard, so it's just mostly vertical. There are a few brands on the market, 'tho I'm addicted to an iMac which can be slid back against the wall with the keyboard under it.

Thanks for the advice buddy!  It will be a while before I purchase anything, so I'll be doing plenty of research and comparisons before I make a purchase.  I'm sure I'll find something I like rather quickly.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10729 on: February 24, 2012, 09:46:43 am »

It's Friday, it's pay day!  Bonus is in effect too!  ;D  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

This weekend will be a slightly busy one.  Dinner with my bowling friends on Saturday night, and then an Oscar party on Sunday night.  The theme is "pajama party" so I need to go buy some pajama bottoms.  LOL

I took Monday off, so I can sleep in.   ;D