Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8993120 times)

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10740 on: March 01, 2012, 05:19:11 pm »
Was out talking to my backyard neighbor yesterday, Chuck.  Her and her husband bowl on a league on Monday afternoons.  This Monday, he bowled a .286 game and a .268 game.  He's 82 years' young.  She says he always bowls in the .250'ish range.  I'll have to go and check it out for myself next week.

Just goes to show you, practice (in his case, 60 years of it) makes (almost) perfect.   ;)
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10741 on: March 02, 2012, 08:39:31 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Yes, it's Friday, and I don't think I have anything planned!  :laugh:  I can relax!  My most pressing plan is to watch the episode of "The Walking Dead" that I missed on Sunday when I was at the Oscar party.

I think I'll try to spend some time catching up on my reading and writing.  They've both been overlooked in recent times!

Was out talking to my backyard neighbor yesterday, Chuck.  Her and her husband bowl on a league on Monday afternoons.  This Monday, he bowled a .286 game and a .268 game.  He's 82 years' young.  She says he always bowls in the .250'ish range.  I'll have to go and check it out for myself next week.

Just goes to show you, practice (in his case, 60 years of it) makes (almost) perfect.   ;)

Oh boy, so I'll be a good bowler in 40 years!   :laugh:

There's only a few weeks left for the league (we stop in May) so I'd like to think that one night I'll bowl really spectacularly and at least hit a 200 game!  LOL  Dare to dream!   Well, maybe next season!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10742 on: March 02, 2012, 08:53:10 am »
More importantly than your scores, has it given you 200 smiles?  Your main objectives in joining the league were to enhance your social network, meet new people, and have fun, right?  You surely don't need until May to tell you if you've accomplished those things.  Any way you look at it, you're a winner, Chucky!
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10743 on: March 02, 2012, 04:31:10 pm »
Hello!

*waves - happy dances*

Happiness is having ann empty cube!!!!  Since becoming so short staffed and over-worked, most weekends I go home with stuff to do.....today I was done with everything early, and it's now 30 minutes before I go home, all my work is filed, my reports are done, and I've even cleaned the dust out of my cube.

I'm happy!!!!!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #10744 on: March 02, 2012, 04:58:01 pm »
Ann who?
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #10745 on: March 02, 2012, 05:32:30 pm »
LOL Truman!   ;D

Glad you had such a good start to your weekend, Chuck!

But dusting....isn't that a bit OTT?   ::) ;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10746 on: March 03, 2012, 04:35:17 pm »

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!  I love a relaxing Saturday!  I slept in, had a light lunch, did a workout DVD, and now I'm focusing on writing today!  It's been a while since I've done any writing, I'm sure my muse is getting ready to hit me with something! 

:laugh:

I finished two poems today, and now to focus on my "Threesome" book.  If I ever want to get this published, I need to finish it!

More importantly than your scores, has it given you 200 smiles?  Your main objectives in joining the league were to enhance your social network, meet new people, and have fun, right?  You surely don't need until May to tell you if you've accomplished those things.  Any way you look at it, you're a winner, Chucky!

Oh, I've definitely had a lot of fun with the league, and made connections.  I've ended up friending people on Facebook, gone to bowling tournaments out of state, and done dinner dates and such with my fellow bowlers.  I'm sure we'll continue on after the season is over meeting up and doing things.

Ann who?

Huh?  ???  Big Brother, you've done confused me!

LOL Truman!   ;D

Glad you had such a good start to your weekend, Chuck!

But dusting....isn't that a bit OTT?   ::) ;D

OTT = Over The Top, I presume?   Honey, you gotta understand.....I work in an office building with a cleaning crew, but they basically handle the floor only.....mopping and vacuuming.  Since many people will have either legal stuff in their cubes or personal "trinkets" in the cubes, the cleaning crew doesn't really clean the workspace in the cube, only vacuum around and such.  They also clean our restrooms and restock the paper towels and toilet tissue and things like that.

The amount of dust in the cubes can get very out-of-hand and with my allergies, it's best for me to keep it clean.  It also starts to look gross after a while.

:laugh:

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #10747 on: March 03, 2012, 05:17:37 pm »
Ok, ok, I was merely joking.

You go ahead and dust all you want, Chuck, you have my blessing.  ;D :-*

And regarding Tru's post: he was commenting on a misspelled 'an' of yours, in the post above.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10748 on: March 05, 2012, 09:41:43 am »

I hope that everyone had exactly the weekend that they wanted to have.  LOL   :laugh:

Mine was quiet, and productive.  I managed to update my files at home with more poetry, and three new chapters to my first of three novellas.  ;D

I think I added about 10 poems to my folder, although not all new.  I went through one of the threads here called 'Picture is worth a thousand words" and found a bunch of smaller poems I wrote that I liked, but never saved.  I edited them all to expand them, make them a few lines bigger, and then added them to my bunch.

Quiet day at the office so far today, and it should be a very easy day for me.   I have four Relationship Managers I work for.  Mary, Chris, Dennis, and Janice.  Mary is out today, Dennis is in another office today, and Janice is on vacation this week.

Pescatarian diet and exercise seems to be working.  12 days since Ash Wednesday, I've lost 9 pounds.

;D

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #10749 on: March 05, 2012, 10:16:51 am »

Pescatarian diet and exercise seems to be working.  12 days since Ash Wednesday, I've lost 9 pounds.

;D

Sigh. I found them.

(I blame "winter--in quotes because this was a fake winter--I don't have to shovel snow, but a regular wintery winter takes ENERGY to move around; so, if you are eating thick meaty stews and goulashes--Fake Winter equals LOVE handles! 4.5lbs each! Gah!)

:o :o
  >:( >:(
   ::) ::)
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"