Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9072813 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #11070 on: June 08, 2012, 10:13:03 am »
Hi, Sonja!  Mostly because I was looking for a place to keep it, and didn't have any other flat empty spaces at the time.  A friend suggested putting it there, and it looked pretty neat.

And because it has a laminated surface now, it's protected from the things that normally sit on top of it, such as the milk bottle.

Hi Debbie!

Aha, that explains it.

At home I've seen people who framed their puzzles and put them on the wall.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11071 on: June 08, 2012, 10:17:35 am »
Hi, Sonja!  Mostly because I was looking for a place to keep it, and didn't have any other flat empty spaces at the time.  A friend suggested putting it there, and it looked pretty neat.

And because it has a laminated surface now, it's protected from the things that normally sit on top of it, such as the milk bottle.

I think it's an incredibly original and inventive way of bringing something beautiful in to your everyday world, and seeing them from a new perspective.  It's one of the cleverest things I've heard of doing in a long time.

Plus, it wouldn't show the gunk and goo quite as much as the clear glass.   ;)
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline dejavu

« Reply #11072 on: June 08, 2012, 10:28:45 am »
At home I've seen people who framed their puzzles and put them on the wall.

I don't have any on the walls, exactly (the walls are filled with other pictures that I bought) but I do have that one world map puzzle which is glued onto plywood backing and propped up against a wall (it's standing on top of a bookcase).

And I have a lighthouse puzzle glued together, leaning up against another wall, and a seashell puzzled glued and leaning up against the back of another bookcase.

I glued a few other ones but ran out of room.  One even had gobes on it.  But eventually they were in the way, piled one on top of the other, and I thinned down and threw the older-looking ones away.  Nowadays I tend to just make puzzles and display them on top of the table for a while (unglued), and then take them apart and put them back in the box.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline dejavu

« Reply #11073 on: June 08, 2012, 10:30:16 am »
I think it's an incredibly original and inventive way of bringing something beautiful in to your everyday world, and seeing them from a new perspective.  It's one of the cleverest things I've heard of doing in a long time.

Thanks, Mandy.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #11074 on: June 08, 2012, 10:30:44 am »
Bork bork bork!!  ;D

Hördy Fröggie

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11075 on: June 08, 2012, 10:41:46 am »
I see how you cunningly avoided discussing said towel...

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #11076 on: June 08, 2012, 04:18:09 pm »
I am going to do laundry, and perhaps go see my friend Carol for a game of "Right or Left". We sit in her swing and look down at the intersection below her house and when a car arrives we guess which way it is turning.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline dejavu

« Reply #11077 on: June 08, 2012, 11:36:13 pm »
...for a game of "Right or Left". We sit in her swing and look down at the intersection below her house and when a car arrives we guess which way it is turning.

Sounds like fun, lots of fun.   ;)
Jack's from Texas.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #11078 on: June 11, 2012, 07:47:06 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I needed something funny to start my Monday morning.  Neil Patrick Harris dancing with Elmo is funny.   :laugh:

I actually feel like I've got their energy right now, I slept really well, and I'm in my cube as we speak.  Been here for 45 minutes already, and I've gotten a bunch of reports pulled, as well as getting overdrafts done.

;D

How is everyone today?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #11079 on: June 11, 2012, 09:01:29 am »
Chuck, awesome that you had a relaxing, lazy Sunday, and are filled with energy today.

Have you replaced your Tuesday night bowling routine with another regular activity?

I'm in middle of Kansas at a hotel, soaking up the hi-speed internet before hitting the highway back to St. Louis.  Hopefully won't end up dead in Kansas City.  I despise driving through there.  Wish I could do it with my eyes closed.

Other than that, the rest of the 6-hour trip should be smooth sailing.  Been out here in God's country for 12 days now, visiting with relations and friends, but am missing my city and my home.  It has been a heartwarming and important-to-me time that I wouldn't trade for anything.  I am a very lucky girl.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...