Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9075215 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #11420 on: November 23, 2012, 10:07:18 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I refuse to do any shopping on Thanksgiving day, or Black Friday.

I hope that everyone had a good holiday yesterday, for those who celebrate.

Dinner was nice, as was dessert, we even managed to have an altercation, so we had some theater to go with dinner.

::)

My niece used to date a really nice guy named Justin, who was diabetic.  He was on a strict schedule for meals, and had to inject himself with insulin.  They are no longer together, but remain friends.  She is now dating a guy named Weldon, who knows about Justin.

Anyway, we're sitting at dinner, and my sister-in-law's brother (who is a bit abrasive) mentions "it's nice to be able to eat and not have to worry about a guy who has to stick himself and schedule his meals."

I was taken aback, but didn't say anything.  My niece turned to Mr. Classy and simply said "It's not his fault, he was born with it."  Mr. Classy replies "Well it's still nice to not have to see it." and my niece says "Well, maybe one day you'll get diabetes and we can laugh at you instead." and she quietly excused herself.  Weldon didn't take kindly to seeing his girlfriend upset, so he told Mr. Classy that the comments were unnecessary.  Mr. Classy replied it was how he felt, so he said it.  Weldon replied with "Why don't you just put some more food in your mouth, you fat bastard." and of course, Mr. Classy wasn't gonna let that stand unchallenged.  

It was at that point that I turned to Mr. Classy and quietly told him to drop it and go back to eating.  I excused myself from the table, and motioned to Weldon to follow me, and we went out to get some fresh air.

I told Weldon that I appreciated why he said what he said, and was impressed that he would stand up to someone who was so much bigger than him for the sake of his girlfriend.  However...given that this was perhaps his future mother-in-law's house, and he shouldn't want to cause her stress, that perhaps the best action for the rest of the day would be to ignore Mr. Classy.

We went back inside, just in time to see my niece returning to the table.  Mr. Classy apologized for his comments, but basically threatened Weldon with violence if he continued to use language and names like "fat bastard".  She told Mr. Classy to "go fuck himself" and got herself and Weldon some pumpkin pie, and they retired to a room upstairs to be away from it all.

::)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline bentgyro

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #11421 on: November 23, 2012, 02:52:39 pm »
Every family needs a peacemaker....good on you! ;)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #11422 on: November 23, 2012, 04:26:49 pm »
I know I shouldn't be laughing after reading your commentary of the "altercation", but its hard not to. I know it would not have been a laughing matter at the time.

Gotta love your neice for standing up and letting Mr Classy know that his comments were unacceptable, and for her boyfriend for backing her up...(he sounds like a keeper for doing that)...And her final "go fuck yourself", well, that's my kinda girl, tell it how it is......!!

And Chucky, the peacemaker, scaring the living daylights out of Winston about upsetting the "future mother in law"...lol....thats a classic......but still you did the right thing, to diffuse the situation.

Mr Classy....well, you, you "fat bastard", go "fuck yourself".... you wont be invited back next year.....

And we all thought Jack and Ennis had a rough Thanksgiving..... :o
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 07:14:35 pm by Katie77 »
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #11423 on: November 25, 2012, 12:44:09 am »
Why do I find myself wishing that, instead of making peace, you had coached Weldon to offer to knock Mr. Classy's ignorant ass into next week?  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11424 on: November 25, 2012, 06:31:33 am »
Why do I find myself wishing that, instead of making peace, you had coached Weldon to offer to knock Mr. Classy's ignorant ass into next week?  ;D

;D :laugh:

What an unpleasant person Mr. Classy must be. >:(

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11425 on: November 25, 2012, 09:06:36 am »
I suggest we change his name to Mr. Not-So-Classy.

You're right, Meryl. He's right up there together with LD and a few others.  >:(

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11426 on: November 25, 2012, 02:36:37 pm »
Every family needs a peacemaker....good on you! ;)

I know I shouldn't be laughing after reading your commentary of the "altercation", but its hard not to. I know it would not have been a laughing matter at the time.

Gotta love your neice for standing up and letting Mr Classy know that his comments were unacceptable, and for her boyfriend for backing her up...(he sounds like a keeper for doing that)...And her final "go fuck yourself", well, that's my kinda girl, tell it how it is......!!

And Chucky, the peacemaker, scaring the living daylights out of Winston about upsetting the "future mother in law"...lol....thats a classic......but still you did the right thing, to diffuse the situation.

Mr Classy....well, you, you "fat bastard", go "fuck yourself".... you wont be invited back next year.....

And we all thought Jack and Ennis had a rough Thanksgiving..... :o

;D :laugh:

What an unpleasant person Mr. Classy must be. >:(

I suggest we change his name to Mr. Not-So-Classy.

You're right, Meryl. He's right up there together with LD and a few others.  >:(

I don't have to see him very often.......Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the occasional birthday, perhaps mother's day.  Other than that, he's not around.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11427 on: November 25, 2012, 02:42:47 pm »
Good for you, Chuck.

You never know, his next target may be gay people.   >:( >:(

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11428 on: November 25, 2012, 03:16:42 pm »
He knows better than to make that kind of comment.

;D

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11429 on: November 25, 2012, 03:30:46 pm »
Good.

For him, I'm sure.