Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9031441 times)

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12030 on: May 29, 2013, 08:42:32 am »
Best wishes for your brother, Chuck.

And for you, with all the confusion that is going on at work.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline kitty

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Old Brokeback Got Me Good
    • Livejournal
« Reply #12031 on: May 29, 2013, 08:51:54 am »
Best wishes, Chuck. My mum had a blood clot in her lung when she got lung cancer, so I know what it's like :(

Offline brianr

« Reply #12032 on: May 29, 2013, 04:10:43 pm »
Thinking good thoughts for your brother and your mother.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12033 on: May 29, 2013, 06:23:43 pm »
Well, we've heard from the doctor, there are still tests that need to be done.  From what they can tell, he had 40% blockage with one lung, and 80% with the other, so they said he got to the hospital with little time to spare.

They're at a loss for what has caused it.  He hasn't flown anywhere, he has a job where he walks around a good portion of the day, his blood pressure and cholesterol are fine. no heart problems.

They're doing a scan tonight to see if there are any other clots that they need to know about.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #12034 on: May 29, 2013, 09:57:57 pm »
Well, we've heard from the doctor, there are still tests that need to be done.  From what they can tell, he had 40% blockage with one lung, and 80% with the other, so they said he got to the hospital with little time to spare.

They're at a loss for what has caused it.  He hasn't flown anywhere, he has a job where he walks around a good portion of the day, his blood pressure and cholesterol are fine. no heart problems.

They're doing a scan tonight to see if there are any other clots that they need to know about.

Bloody hell mate, thats a bloody scare and a half.....thankfully with the technology in medicine today they WILL find what caused it, and the proper treatment given to him, so that it wont happen again......thinkin of you in this worry, darlin....xxx
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #12035 on: May 30, 2013, 01:19:46 am »
Chuck, I'm sorry to hear you've had so much on your plate this week.  I hope your brother is improving and they find out how to help him avoid more clots.  Lots of hugs to you and your family!
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #12036 on: May 30, 2013, 07:07:51 am »

:o
Oh my, what a scare. Sending healing thoughts to your brother and your whole family. I hope he'll be all right soon!
(((Chuck's family))) :-*

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12037 on: May 30, 2013, 08:12:24 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Yup, I'd be pulling out my hair, if I had any!  LOL

No new news about Chris, other than he had a sleep apnea test last night, and he slept soundly.  Apparently he was still sleeping when my mom called this morning.   Thanks for all the good wishes, and I'll update here as soon as I have some news.

Work is on the crazy side, as my coworker had a death in the family over the weekend.  She was in the office on Tuesday, but was out yesterday and today, and will be out tomorrow.  I'm running the show here and trying to stay on top of everything.

AIDS Walk stuff is 99% done (thankfully) so that's not taking up too much of my time.  I plan to pack tonight and put everything I can into the car, so I can just head out to work tomorrow and then leave from work.  You most likely won't see too much of me here today or tomorrow, as I want to make sure everything is done and in order by Friday at noon.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline dejavu

« Reply #12038 on: May 30, 2013, 11:32:33 am »
Just checking in, Chuck.

Good to hear Chris had a good sleep, at least.

That man in your picture needs a cowboy hat.   ;)
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #12039 on: May 30, 2013, 02:58:47 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Oh well, the sleeping in felt good the past few days, but tomorrow, it's back to the routine!  Ugh!

I can't complain, I have a short work week, I'm leaving work early on Friday to drive up to Boston, and I have Monday off as well, for the ride home.

Rich and I had a second date on Sunday.  We went out for lunch, and then for a round of mini-golf.  Had a small make-out session in the parking lot (when no one was around) and then made plans to get together again.  We're going to try for Wednesday before I leave for Boston, or when I get back.

Hope that everyone has had a great weekend!

Wow, is that him?
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."