Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9035120 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12060 on: June 07, 2013, 01:37:21 pm »
Hey Chuck!
It's rainy and grey here too. But, I have a few fun things planned (all indoors thankfully).  Going out to dinner tonight with a group of friends to a cool "gourmet" hot dog restaurant called "Franktuary." http://franktuary.com/lawrenceville/menu-lawrenceville-2/
Then tomorrow is a big lesbian dance party and Sunday is a brunch.  LOL, in theory I'm supposed to be getting a lot of work done this weekend, but I already have my doubts. :)

Have fun at the birthday parties!!  And, here are some red velvet donuts for donut day! :D

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12061 on: June 07, 2013, 05:08:25 pm »
What are everyone's plans for the weekened? 

Trying to stay out of the rain!

I did not know it was donut day today but that sounds like fun.

Enjoy your birthday parties!
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12062 on: June 09, 2013, 02:09:50 pm »
this weekend, but I already have my doubts. :)

Have fun at the birthday parties!!  And, here are some red velvet donuts for donut day! :D

Never had red velvet donuts before!   Yum!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

The parties on Friday and Saturday were a lot of fun, and I'm currently at the parents' place, just finished lunch and doing my laundry.   ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #12063 on: June 09, 2013, 02:18:44 pm »
I had a similar problem with wasps. I found out they gained access via a crack on the exterior & had a nest in the wall. After many  tries on my own it took a profession exterminator & $250.00

TT
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #12064 on: June 09, 2013, 04:13:25 pm »
Yesterday I had three tons of pea gravel delivered to the parking lot in front of the demonstration garden I'm reclaiming. So I have my work cut out for me, yanking out all the grass and weeds that have invaded and then filling in with the gravel. But I'm about to take off for the day and go to the Queen's birthday tea downtown with my Sherlock Holmes buddies.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12065 on: June 10, 2013, 08:21:22 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Is it Monday already?  Really?

Had a good, but busy, weekend.  Friday night and Saturday were birthday parties for me.  Friday night one wasn't too long, I was home by about 10:00 or so.  The Saturday one started at 2:00 and I was there until 9:00, so I wasn't home until about 9:45 or so.  

They were both great fun, but that meant I had to spend Sunday getting chores done.  I was up early, cleaned the apartment, did some shopping, got laundry done, and went to my parents' place and saw them and Chris, who is doing well.

I am feeling tired today, but I'll push through.  What other choice do I have?   :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12066 on: June 10, 2013, 08:30:16 am »
I had a similar problem with wasps. I found out they gained access via a crack on the exterior & had a nest in the wall. After many  tries on my own it took a profession exterminator & $250.00

TT

Ugh!  I hate flying, stinging insects!  I tolerate bees because of their pollenation, but other than that.....the rest can go!

Yesterday I had three tons of pea gravel delivered to the parking lot in front of the demonstration garden I'm reclaiming. So I have my work cut out for me, yanking out all the grass and weeds that have invaded and then filling in with the gravel. But I'm about to take off for the day and go to the Queen's birthday tea downtown with my Sherlock Holmes buddies.

Sounds like you'e got some work to do on thsi garden.  I hope you had a good time!

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12067 on: June 10, 2013, 09:44:50 am »
went to my parents' place and saw them and Chris, who is doing well.

Chuck, I'm glad that Chris is doing well. 

I hadn't heard an update recently, but your post sounds like he's been released from the hospital and is now back home?
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12068 on: June 10, 2013, 11:07:03 am »
I thought I had posted this here!

Sorry!

Chris came home Friday night, and the filter was removed.  The doctors have given him the "ok" to return to work, and he continues to respond to meds.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #12069 on: June 10, 2013, 03:35:36 pm »
I thought I had posted this here!

Sorry!

Chris came home Friday night, and the filter was removed.  The doctors have given him the "ok" to return to work, and he continues to respond to meds.

Thats great news....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection