Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9046692 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12300 on: August 13, 2013, 08:01:05 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

I hope everyone is well today!

I have a sailboat because tonight is my "Sail Rock" concert!  Only the best of 70s easy listening!

:D :D :D

I'm meeting friends for dinner before, and then on to the show!  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #12301 on: August 13, 2013, 09:11:56 am »
Honey, you're too young to remember any of those songs! But for me, it seems like only yesterday they were at the top of the charts.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12302 on: August 13, 2013, 12:21:10 pm »
Honey, I was born in '69, and I remember those songs playing on the radio in dads car.

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #12303 on: August 13, 2013, 12:29:02 pm »
Honey, I was born in '69, and I remember those songs playing on the radio in dads car.

;D

Holy cow, Chuck, you're old!

:laugh:

;D  :-*
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12304 on: August 13, 2013, 03:26:13 pm »
Enjoy the concert. I recognise some titles, probably would know most tunes.
I say I love Vera Lynn and the wartime songs because I probably heard them in utero  ;D
However I once mentioned to a student who was researching WW2 that I was born during the war and his reply.
 "Are you that old, Sir?" I quickly added "I do not remember any of it."

More to the point I am just announcing that yesterday I put a deposit on a trip to Glacier National Park, Wyoming
I leave Chicago on the Empire Builder (train) on June 27, 2014. 2 nights in the train and 4 nights in the Park and I arrive Seattle on the morning of July 3.
A coincidence as I spent July 4 1997 in Seattle.
Now I have to work backwards and forwards as I also plan Salt Lake City, Yellowsone, New York and Washington in June and San Francisco and Los Angeles in July.
However Glacier National Park was first preference and I believe it books out early with only a short season.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #12305 on: August 13, 2013, 04:10:58 pm »
Chucky, when you said you were going to a Sail Rock concert, I thought that was the name of the band, which I had never heard of....

But looking through the list of songs and artists, I too remember a lot of those songs, even though in the 70's I was bearing and rearing babies, I did listen to the radio a lot, and there are some great songs there.

*please tell me there is not a band called Sail Rock....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #12306 on: August 13, 2013, 04:12:38 pm »

;D

Hey.....I was MARRIED in 1969......so there.... ::)
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12307 on: August 14, 2013, 09:43:26 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

I hope everyone is well today!

I kept the sailboat pic because the concert was soooo good!   I'm actually debating ordering the Greatest Hits of all the acts that played last night, it was such a fun show with great music!

I'm now off the next three days, so I plan to get some workouts in, chores around the apartment, and on Friday mom, dad, my friend Cor and her mom Dee are coming over for coffee and cake, so I have to make sure everything is in order.

Work yesterday was a bit busy, but I was able to get everything filed and finished, and left work with an empty cube.  ;D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #12308 on: August 14, 2013, 09:46:19 am »
Glad to hear the concert was good. I'd be tempted to buy the "Greatest Hits," too. I used to make it a practice of buying "greatest hits" collections, as that way I was sure of getting the songs I liked!  :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12309 on: August 14, 2013, 09:47:41 am »
Holy cow, Chuck, you're old!

:laugh:

;D  :-*

Younger than you dear.  ;D   :-*

Enjoy the concert. I recognise some titles, probably would know most tunes.  I say I love Vera Lynn and the wartime songs because I probably heard them in utero  ;D
However I once mentioned to a student who was researching WW2 that I was born during the war and his reply.   "Are you that old, Sir?" I quickly added "I do not remember any of it."

More to the point I am just announcing that yesterday I put a deposit on a trip to Glacier National Park, Wyoming  I leave Chicago on the Empire Builder (train) on June 27, 2014. 2 nights in the train and 4 nights in the Park and I arrive Seattle on the morning of July 3.  A coincidence as I spent July 4 1997 in Seattle.  Now I have to work backwards and forwards as I also plan Salt Lake City, Yellowsone, New York and Washington in June and San Francisco and Los Angeles in July.
However Glacier National Park was first preference and I believe it books out early with only a short season.

Very cool Brian, I hope it's a great trip!!!  And if you want, let me know when you're in town, I'm sure the NYC Brokies would love to see you!!!!

Chucky, when you said you were going to a Sail Rock concert, I thought that was the name of the band, which I had never heard of....

But looking through the list of songs and artists, I too remember a lot of those songs, even though in the 70's I was bearing and rearing babies, I did listen to the radio a lot, and there are some great songs there.

*please tell me there is not a band called Sail Rock....

LOL  As far as I know, there is not a band called "Sail Rock".   It was a great show, and the Orleans acted as a "house band", they were on stage the whole show, acting as a backing band for the other acts, as well as playing their own set.