Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9074194 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12340 on: August 23, 2013, 01:39:13 pm »
anyone doing anything extremely exciting?

I'll prob'ly just go out an' get drunk.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12341 on: August 26, 2013, 08:37:16 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

:laugh:

The above picture is from last nights MTV Video Music Awards.

The beginning of the show had a performance by Miley Cyrus doing her song, and then Robin Thicke doing "Blurred Lines".

Miley is all over the news this morning for her raunchy performance.  She came out of a giant teddy bear, gyrated up against it, rubbed her crotch with a giant foam hand, rubbed her face almost into one dancer's ass, stripped down to what appeared to be flesh toned bra and bikini bottoms, and then did some suggestive motions to Robin Thicke when he appeared on stage.  (I'm sure his wife is thrilled with this)

As this was going on, the camera occasionally panned the audience for reaction shots, and one shot that is appearing all over now is of the reaction Will Smith and his family had to it all.

Weekend was a quiet one, spent some time on Saturday at my niece Shana's birthday party, she turned 22.  On Sunday a picture appeared on FB of her and her boyfriend Derek, with my second cousins, Scotty Jr. and Amanda, with the announcement that she picked them to be her baby's godparents.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #12342 on: August 26, 2013, 10:13:52 am »
The beginning of the show had a performance by Miley Cyrus doing her song, and then Robin Thicke doing "Blurred Lines".

I agree with Miley Cyrus' self-assessment. She's white trash.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #12343 on: August 26, 2013, 03:37:24 pm »

It´s fascinating however that girls in underwear can still stun the world. It´s been done so many times before.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 06:26:53 pm by Monika »

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12344 on: August 27, 2013, 08:33:42 am »

So how is everyone?  I'm just chillin' here at work for the moment, it's a quiet morning, but I'm sure it will get busy soon.  Ugh!   Slow season is also coming to an end, while it's not going to be super busy, it will be busier than it's been the past two months or so.

Stupid question, but has she been called white trash before?  It seems almost like a defense mechanism.  "If I call myself white trash before they do, it takes away the power" type of thing.

It´s fascinating however that girls in underwear can still stun the world. It´s been done so many times before.

Monika, it was more than her underwear.  It was the dancing teddy bears, the crazy faces, putting her face in a dancer's ass and then slapping it, taking a giant foam hand and rubbing on her crotch and ass, and nuzzling Robin Thicke's neck and "twerking" her butt against his crotch.  Some have questioned what his wife must've been thinking.

I wasn't overly shocked or stunned by it, after all, I grew up watching Madonna.  You need to understand that her beginnings were on the TV show "Hannah Montana" and she was a Disney child star.  The performance seemed to be a big push away from that, but instead of looking like an adult, she just came off like she was trying too hard.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12345 on: August 27, 2013, 08:35:50 am »
The 15 Weirdest And Craziest Moments From Miley Cyrus’ VMA Performance

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/the-weirdest-and-craziest-moments-from-miley-cyrus-vma-pe

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #12346 on: August 27, 2013, 09:29:37 am »
Stupid question, but has she been called white trash before?  It seems almost like a defense mechanism.  "If I call myself white trash before they do, it takes away the power" type of thing.

Dunno. I just happened to see an article on AOL News over the weekend--and before the VMA broadcast--where she was said to have applied that term to herself.

Meanwhile, I need to go look up the meaning of twerking.  :laugh:

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #12347 on: August 27, 2013, 10:29:55 am »

So how is everyone?  I'm just chillin' here at work for the moment, it's a quiet morning, but I'm sure it will get busy soon.  Ugh!   Slow season is also coming to an end, while it's not going to be super busy, it will be busier than it's been the past two months or so.

Monika, it was more than her underwear.  It was the dancing teddy bears, the crazy faces, putting her face in a dancer's ass and then slapping it, taking a giant foam hand and rubbing on her crotch and ass, and nuzzling Robin Thicke's neck and "twerking" her butt against his crotch.  Some have questioned what his wife must've been thinking.

I wasn't overly shocked or stunned by it, after all, I grew up watching Madonna.  You need to understand that her beginnings were on the TV show "Hannah Montana" and she was a Disney child star.  The performance seemed to be a big push away from that, but instead of looking like an adult, she just came off like she was trying too hard.
I watched it too and still don´t get what the fuss is about.  ???

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #12348 on: August 27, 2013, 10:51:01 am »
... instead of looking like an adult, she just came off like she was trying too hard.

I thought so too. It was just like she was trying to shock. Well, in my case, she succeeded. I guess I was shocked because she was dressed like a little kid, had pigtails, and was bouncing around among the male performers like a little girl who had just figured out that she could get attention by pulling up her dress. I couldn't watch the whole thing. Is this what Betty Freidan, Gloria Steinem and all of us have marched, protested, worked, lashed out, and suffered for?  :-\
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #12349 on: August 27, 2013, 11:00:36 am »
I thought so too. It was just like she was trying to shock. Well, in my case, she succeeded. I guess I was shocked because she was dressed like a little kid, had pigtails, and was bouncing around among the male performers like a little girl who had just figured out that she could get attention by pulling up her dress. I couldn't watch the whole thing. Is this what Betty Freidan, Gloria Steinem and all of us have marched, protested, worked, lashed out, and suffered for?  :-\

So, it sounds like, even if she was "trying too hard," she was trying to demonstrate that she's outgrown her childish, "Hannah Montana" past--like we didn't know that already?--but at the same time, perhaps, sexualizing the image of a child?