Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9049978 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12620 on: December 07, 2013, 08:37:54 am »
Enjoy your staycation week, Chuck!

I'll have pretty much the same over the holidays. This year xmess and new years fall perfectly during the week, allowing me to have 17 days off in a row by using only 5 days of vacation/flexi plus hours.    ;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12621 on: December 07, 2013, 11:36:46 am »
Hahaa!!  Nicely planned!

Yes, this year Christmas and New Years Day fall on a Wednesday.   We'll leave early on Christmas Eve, be closed Christmas, and I'm sure the Thursday and Friday afterwards will be dead at work, and then the same will happen the following week.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #12622 on: December 07, 2013, 12:34:19 pm »
Here, xmas is always a three day holiday: xmas eve, xmas day and boxing day.  And the next week we're off both new years eve and new years day.

But it's very important on what week days they fall, since we never get an extra day off if a holiday falls on a weekend. Then it's a "lost" holiday.

So, the first thing we do when the new calendars arrive at work in Oct-Nov, is to check out next years' holidays to see if it's a good xmas or not!  Meaning that no holidays fall on a weekend!  ;D ;D

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #12623 on: December 07, 2013, 04:41:05 pm »
enjoy the stay-cation!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #12624 on: December 08, 2013, 04:45:08 am »
Here, xmas is always a three day holiday: xmas eve, xmas day and boxing day.  And the next week we're off both new years eve and new years day.

But it's very important on what week days they fall, since we never get an extra day off if a holiday falls on a weekend. Then it's a "lost" holiday.

So, the first thing we do when the new calendars arrive at work in Oct-Nov, is to check out next years' holidays to see if it's a good xmas or not!  Meaning that no holidays fall on a weekend!  ;D ;D

Same here. :)
I love the ritual of holiday checking with the new calendars! :laugh: We also have two holidays in early summer that are always on a Thursday, so it's always a nice bridge. 8)
Christmas is rally neat this year.
Additionally I guess two thirds (or more) of people take days off between Christmas and New Year's Day. We call that time "between the years" and know it's of little use to try and call a company, doctor's office, civil service offices, etc. My husband's whole company with 700+ employees is completely closed down for two weeks even, same for the nursery I'll start working at.
You gotta love holiday season! :D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12625 on: December 08, 2013, 07:33:28 pm »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Sunday evening here in NJ, and it's snowing.  ;D  We're not supposed to get much accumulation, but it looks pretty and fits the season, doesn't it?

Did my laundry last night, so I'm having a quiet Sunday at home watching a marathon of "A Haunting", a series that airs on the Destination America series, all about people who have had to deal with hauntings and supernatural attacks.  More suited for Halloween than Christmas, but I'm enjoying it.

It's also making me glad my apartment is sooooo peaceful!  LOL   :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12626 on: December 08, 2013, 07:36:12 pm »
So, the first thing we do when the new calendars arrive at work in Oct-Nov, is to check out next years' holidays to see if it's a good xmas or not!  Meaning that no holidays fall on a weekend!  ;D ;D

Same here. :)  I love the ritual of holiday checking with the new calendars! :laugh: We also have two holidays in early summer that are always on a Thursday, so it's always a nice bridge. 8)

I do the same thing!  Here in America we don't get off Christmas Eve or the day after (Boxing Day) so the best is when Christmas falls on a Friday (in two years).  We will be released early from work on Thursday, have off Friday, and then the weekend.  The same with New Year's Day the following week.

;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12627 on: December 09, 2013, 10:27:31 pm »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Whut?  Huh?  Where is everyone?

Hope you are all having good days, wherever you are!

First day off, and I finished decorating the tree (pics are up in the Happy Christmas thread) and picked up mom at 1:00, had a quick lunch, and then went to visit Trenton Scott.  He's getting big already!  ;D

Was feeling a little sick on Sunday, but took some meds and everything cleared up by this morning.  A good night's rest helped!

Have to call to make my dentist and head-shaving appointments tomorrow, and this Thursday is the holiday luncheon at work.

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12628 on: December 10, 2013, 10:15:47 am »
I'm here, Chucky, no worries from St. Louie.  Too cold to go outdoors, so I'm getting a lot done inside this week -- paying year-end real estate and personal property taxes and homeowner's insurance, and thankfully, still have a little left to buy a few Christmas presents for my handful of friends here in town.

Question:  Why does one pay a barber/stylist, etc. to shave their head?  The guys I know here do it themselves.  Is it better/special somehow in a salon?  Just curious.  I get my hair cut at the chain Fantastic Sam's cause they spend about 5 full luxurious minutes shampooing, massaging, conditioning, and it feels just heavenly.  Otherwise, I'd just lop it off myself once in a while.

Have a great staycation Tuesday!  Love you, buddy!

P.S.  New cell number, all same but last four digits 3549 now.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #12629 on: December 10, 2013, 04:06:11 pm »
Trenton Scott is getting big already???  :o :o

He was only born the other day, for god's sake!!!  He can't be getting big already!  ::)