Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8993057 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12790 on: February 17, 2014, 04:23:48 pm »
::)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12791 on: February 19, 2014, 08:45:06 pm »
Hello Bettermost Friends!

Yup, tonight starts ladies figure skating!  ;D

This week will be an odd week for me, as I'm staying up later to watch the games, and therefore not signing on my computer in the mornings.

How is everyone doing?

Going back to work after the week off was not bad, and thankfully, work didn't pile up too badly while I was away.   

Have a dinner party to go to on Saturday, and will be without a car on Saturday morning, it's time for a tune-up and inspection.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #12792 on: February 20, 2014, 06:15:25 pm »
Ive been loving the skating..
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12793 on: February 20, 2014, 07:12:17 pm »

Yup, tonight ends ladies figure skating!  ;D

US Ladies are not in position to medal, but they are all in the Top 10 as of the short program.   Top of the stand is Kim Yu-Na from South Korea, second is Adelina Sotnikova  from Russia, and third is Carolina Kostner from Italy.

They've already skated, but I'm avoiding the news, I want to see what happens on TV tonight.  ;D  Each one is interesting.  Kim was the gold medal winner from 2010 in Vancouver.  Adelina is skating on home ice, and was eclipsed by her countrywoman Julia Lipnitskaia.  She skated on the team event, and was fantastic, but when she skated in her own short program, she fell on a jump.  Carolina Kostner is in her third Olympics.  She placed 9th in 2006, then 16th in 2010.  This is her best placement, and I'm hoping she holds on to it.

My dinner party on Saturday got downgraded to a wine & desert night, still will be good to see everyone!  ;D

Anyone else have good plans for the weekend?

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #12794 on: February 21, 2014, 05:48:57 pm »
The Russian girl that eventually won was something else. And I'm glad the italian got bronze.

I must ask - the american that wasn't Gracie Gold.. what happened to her in the american qualifiers? There was a few references in the UK commentary about her having a meltdown there and how she had proved herself worthy of the olympics with her performance at the olympics.

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12795 on: February 21, 2014, 08:48:20 pm »

I was supposed to go to a friends house on Saturday night for a dinner party, but she sent a message that she got too busy to plan the dinner.

So it was changed to a wine/dessert party.

I didn't have time to bake a dessert, so I got a bunch of fresh baked cookies.  I got chocolate chip cookies, Snicker Doodle cookies (crunchy cookie sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar) and red velvet white chocolate chip cookies.

Sunday I'll go to my friends' house to watch the closing ceremonies together and have dinner.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12796 on: February 21, 2014, 10:39:14 pm »
The Russian girl that eventually won was something else. And I'm glad the italian got bronze.

I must ask - the american that wasn't Gracie Gold.. what happened to her in the american qualifiers? There was a few references in the UK commentary about her having a meltdown there and how she had proved herself worthy of the olympics with her performance at the olympics.

Well, it's a bit of an explanation.

There were spots for three women to go to the Olympics in Sochi.  There were two favorites for the three spots, Ashley Wagner, who won the US title in 2012 and 2013, and Gracie Gold, who finished second in 2013 behind Ashley Wagner.  Also competing was Mirai Nagasu, she won the US title in 2007 & 2008, and placed second in 2010.  She was at the Olympics in Vancouver, and finished 4th in the ladies competition.

The night of the ladies long program arrived, and Ashley Wagner was the first to skate.  She let her nerves get to her, and she fell on two jumps.  Her competition (up to that point) hadn't done much better, so she was placed first.  Next came new-comer Paulina Edmunds.  She surprised everyone with her grace and jumps, and was placed ahead of Wagner.  Next was Gracie Gold.  She skated wonderfully, and was placed first, pushing Paulina down to second, and Ashley Wagner to third, which meant Ashley still had a shot to go to the Olympics.

Mirai Nagasu took the ice last.  She had not performed well during the last year, and many were not expecting her to medal.  Her program was a clean one, not as artistic as Ashley Wagner's, but she had no falls, while Ashley had two.  Mirai was placed third, pushing Wagner off the podium.

Normally, it is the top three finishers that go on to the Olympics and World championships.  However, many were surprised when the USFSA (United States Figure Skating Association) cited a seldom used rule that they can consider a skater's "body of work" for the prior year.  It is usually used when a skater is sick/injured and can't compete.  It was last used in 1994, when Nancy Kerrigan was placed on the Olympic team, despite the attack on her.   The USFSA decided that Ashley's prior year was better than Mirai's, and in the end Mirai was pushed from the Olympic team, replaced with  Ashley Wagner.  It was a shock because it was the first time that this rule was used for a skater who was not sick or injured.

It later came to light that two of the sponsors who sponsored the Olympics, also personally sponsored Ashley Wagner.   Mirai Nagasu was gracious about it, but many fans were upset.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12797 on: February 24, 2014, 09:58:46 pm »

RuPaul's Drag Race premiers tonight! ;D

I'll be watching!  Especially now that the Olympics are over.  ;D

Got my review and the amount of my raise and bonus, I'm very happy!  I also had my taxes done today and I'm getting refunds. 

Hope that you all are doing well!!!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12798 on: February 25, 2014, 08:26:59 pm »

I just had to keep Lil' Pound Cake around for one more day.   LOL

So, how is everyone doing today?

Apparently we're in for more snow, nothing major, flurries and such, but for the next three days.  LOL   Winter is definitely not ready to give up its grip on us.

I put my St. Patrick's Day flag and green lights up.  They look cute.

Bowling night tonight.....hoping to continue the recent trend in the improvements I've been seeing.

Here's another pic for you, my great nephew Trenton Scott, just about to fall asleep on his momma.  I call it "Trenton's first flip-off".   :laugh:

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #12799 on: February 26, 2014, 01:28:43 am »
I call it "Trenton's first flip-off".   :laugh:

LOL. Keep that photo and comment for his teen years. ;D

He looks very cute in this one. :)