Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9036290 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12800 on: February 26, 2014, 08:41:10 am »
Hello Bettermost Friends!

Hopefully, no one will cross my path, and make me feel the above desire!  LOL

It was a good day yesterday!  Work went well, no bills came, rent check was mailed, and bowling went well too.

;D

How is everyone doing?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12801 on: February 26, 2014, 08:41:58 am »
LOL. Keep that photo and comment for his teen years. ;D

He looks very cute in this one. :)

Hiya Chrissi!  :-*  How are things with you?

As my mother would say, he's a cutie-patootie!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #12802 on: February 26, 2014, 03:00:50 pm »
Well, he was really early turning himself around, so why not equally early in telling people to fuck off?

:laugh: ;D ;)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12803 on: February 27, 2014, 09:41:35 am »

Well, it has seemed like a long week this week.  ugh!  However, I'm happy because I have excess cash as of today.  ;D

BONUS!

Anyway, does anyone have plans for the weekend?  On Sunday I have a bowling event to be at, and then  I'll be at an Oscar party, so I've taken Monday off.  I plan to get to the dentist on Monday,  and just generally rest.

Oscar party is themed "beach" so I have to find some beach things to wear.  LOL

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12804 on: February 27, 2014, 09:42:21 am »
Well, he was really early turning himself around, so why not equally early in telling people to fuck off?

Very true Sonja, and he is from NJ,  where we are known for our attitude...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #12805 on: February 27, 2014, 04:23:46 pm »
Don't forget to take your little bucket and spade to the beach party! And your inflatable rubber ducky!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #12806 on: February 27, 2014, 07:09:59 pm »
Well, it's a bit of an explanation.

There were spots for three women to go to the Olympics in Sochi.  There were two favorites for the three spots, Ashley Wagner, who won the US title in 2012 and 2013, and Gracie Gold, who finished second in 2013 behind Ashley Wagner.  Also competing was Mirai Nagasu, she won the US title in 2007 & 2008, and placed second in 2010.  She was at the Olympics in Vancouver, and finished 4th in the ladies competition.

The night of the ladies long program arrived, and Ashley Wagner was the first to skate.  She let her nerves get to her, and she fell on two jumps.  Her competition (up to that point) hadn't done much better, so she was placed first.  Next came new-comer Paulina Edmunds.  She surprised everyone with her grace and jumps, and was placed ahead of Wagner.  Next was Gracie Gold.  She skated wonderfully, and was placed first, pushing Paulina down to second, and Ashley Wagner to third, which meant Ashley still had a shot to go to the Olympics.

Mirai Nagasu took the ice last.  She had not performed well during the last year, and many were not expecting her to medal.  Her program was a clean one, not as artistic as Ashley Wagner's, but she had no falls, while Ashley had two.  Mirai was placed third, pushing Wagner off the podium.

Normally, it is the top three finishers that go on to the Olympics and World championships.  However, many were surprised when the USFSA (United States Figure Skating Association) cited a seldom used rule that they can consider a skater's "body of work" for the prior year.  It is usually used when a skater is sick/injured and can't compete.  It was last used in 1994, when Nancy Kerrigan was placed on the Olympic team, despite the attack on her.   The USFSA decided that Ashley's prior year was better than Mirai's, and in the end Mirai was pushed from the Olympic team, replaced with  Ashley Wagner.  It was a shock because it was the first time that this rule was used for a skater who was not sick or injured.

It later came to light that two of the sponsors who sponsored the Olympics, also personally sponsored Ashley Wagner.   Mirai Nagasu was gracious about it, but many fans were upset.

It was Callum's 30th at the weekend so we had a little party in the house.. Naylan stayed with my Mum and niece for the night.. just as well I was veeeeerrryyy hungover the next day...

Here's a pic of his cake..

Oooh that is interesting.. And I don't remember seeing Paulina Edmunds at all..  I did think the American couple were fabulous.. and apparently they have been partners since they were little kids!

:laugh: :laugh:
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12807 on: February 27, 2014, 07:52:53 pm »
;D   Love it!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #12808 on: February 27, 2014, 08:03:48 pm »
Fabulous cake!  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12809 on: February 28, 2014, 09:41:47 am »

Now wouldn't that be fun?  You and all your coworkers stumbling around, drunk as hell?   Ooooh, there would be plenty of stories to share on Monday!

Going to be a busy weekend for me!  Tonight I have to shop for a party on Sunday and then work on some CDs when I get home.  Saturday I have to cram all my chores into it, as I won't be home most of the day on Sunday.  Sunday I have a bowling event to attend, we're making up a game we had to cancel when the lanes were shut due to the snow.  Then after that I have the Oscar party to go to.   I took Monday off to relax, but I'm also getting a tooth drilled (minor cavity).  The appointment was originally scheduled the day that big snowstorm hit, so I had to reschedule.  Now it's supposed to snow on Monday as well.

Perhaps it will get canceled again.  LOL