Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9075933 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12820 on: March 10, 2014, 07:59:36 am »
Hello Bettermost Friends!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know that everyone here at work will be complaining about losing the hour.  I have to be honest, I can't understand why people feel so tired and run-down the day after springing ahead.

If you go to sleep at your usual time, and wake at your usual time, you're still getting the same amount of sleep on Sunday night, Saturday is the night we spring ahead.

Well, whatever.  We'll see what the day brings.  At the moment I'm feeling fine, that could change as the day goes on.   ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12821 on: March 10, 2014, 01:42:45 pm »
I am getting a bit sick of Daylight Saving. It is now just after 6.30 and the sun does not rise until 7.27. We still have nearly 4 weeks of daylight saving, April 6 clocks go back. On April 5 sunrise will be 8am. :(  Even in Mid-winter it is 8.20am.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12822 on: March 10, 2014, 02:03:10 pm »
Ours ended yesterday, and I was right, there are people complaining about it today.  LOL

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #12823 on: March 10, 2014, 03:07:00 pm »
I know that everyone here at work will be complaining about losing the hour.  I have to be honest, I can't understand why people feel so tired and run-down the day after springing ahead.

If you go to sleep at your usual time, and wake at your usual time, you're still getting the same amount of sleep on Sunday night, Saturday is the night we spring ahead.
It's not that easy for some people to adapt that quickly. They may go to bed at their usual time, say, 10 p.m. by the clock, but because the clock has only just been turned ahead one hour, their bodies still "think" it's only 9 p.m. And at the other end, they may get up at their usual time, say, 6 a.m., but for a while their bodies still "think" it's only 5 a.m.

And being in bed and even being asleep doesn't necessarily equate to good, restful sleep.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12824 on: March 10, 2014, 03:42:06 pm »
Ours ended yesterday, and I was right, there are people complaining about it today.  LOL
I think it 'started' up your way. It will be ending here next month in the South.  ;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12825 on: March 10, 2014, 05:57:02 pm »
I think it 'started' up your way. It will be ending here next month in the South.  ;D

You're right, I got it reversed.  LOL

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12826 on: March 10, 2014, 05:57:38 pm »
It's not that easy for some people to adapt that quickly. They may go to bed at their usual time, say, 10 p.m. by the clock, but because the clock has only just been turned ahead one hour, their bodies still "think" it's only 9 p.m. And at the other end, they may get up at their usual time, say, 6 a.m., but for a while their bodies still "think" it's only 5 a.m.

And being in bed and even being asleep doesn't necessarily equate to good, restful sleep.

I guess your right.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12827 on: March 11, 2014, 08:05:47 am »

Yup!  It's Tuesday Night bowling night!

Pray for turkeys!  :laugh:

Hope everyone is doing well today.  I slept fairly well last night, woke at one point feeling hot, and I have no idea why, the heater was off.

Anyway, things are going well at work, and I seem to be pretty caught up on everything.

So what's going on with you all?  Tell me!!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12828 on: March 12, 2014, 08:14:25 am »

I hope everyone has had a good morning!

;D

Wicked weather will be coming through my area this afternoon, rains start later in the day, and then get heavier, with possible thunderstorms.  Good!  Let it wash all this awful rock salt and crap away!

Freezing temps return tonight, down to the 20s!  :o

I'll have to remember to turn the heat back on.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12829 on: March 13, 2014, 08:54:41 pm »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How was your day?

Work was pretty busy today, I got there at 7 (as usual) and the emails started right away, and didn't stop until I left for lunch.  Thankfully, the flow stopped just after lunch, and I was able to get caught up on everything.

Is anyone doing anything cool this weekend?