Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9135754 times)

Offline bentgyro

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #13010 on: May 14, 2014, 04:29:39 pm »
On my drive to work the other day, I looked up and could see an eagle in a hunting mode, I looked to the side of the road and couldn't see anything.  My whippet comes to work with me and could also see the eagle.  The eagle suddenly swooped down right in front of my vehicle and grabbed something.  I jammed on my brakes and the eagle rose upward and our eyes met over the hood then he  (or she) flew on.  Thank goodness I missed it.  The whippet looked relieved, too. :)

Online CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #13011 on: May 15, 2014, 08:23:21 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

My goodness, the rain was pounding down earlier this morning.  I hadn't heard it fall like that in some time.  Plus side is that all the yellow pollen all over the cars and houses is washed away.

went out to dinner last night with friends, had a good time, and a lot of laughs, which is a good thing!

In my cube at the moment, very quiet here.....I'm one of the few people on the job at the moment.

Looks to be a quiet weekend, and that's fine by me!  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #13012 on: May 15, 2014, 08:33:13 am »
On my drive to work the other day, I looked up and could see an eagle in a hunting mode, I looked to the side of the road and couldn't see anything.  My whippet comes to work with me and could also see the eagle.  The eagle suddenly swooped down right in front of my vehicle and grabbed something.  I jammed on my brakes and the eagle rose upward and our eyes met over the hood then he  (or she) flew on.  Thank goodness I missed it.  The whippet looked relieved, too. :)

I wonder what the eagle had spotted?

I once hit a bird three times.  :o

I was driving to work, and a crow swooped down in front of my car.  It disappeared and  wondered "did it make it?" and I then heard a "whump" and I knew I hit it.  But it wasn't over.  I hit it by the car's passenger headlight area. (Hit #1)  It the flew up over the hood and slammed into the windshield (hit #2).  Momentum took it over my car, where it crashed onto my trunk (hit #3) and then fell to the road.

I always do what I can to avoid animals on the road, I think in all my years driving I've hit one squirrel and one bird.

I did have an incident with two other birds and a different car, but since it was their own stupidity and an apparent death wish that lead to their demise, I don't count them.

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #13013 on: May 15, 2014, 10:35:21 am »
These car/bird encounters seem almost Biblical...or Prouxian!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #13014 on: May 15, 2014, 11:26:38 am »
Or Hitchcokian!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #13015 on: May 15, 2014, 11:28:05 am »
According to the Cheyenne, owls are messengers from the Camp of the Dead.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #13016 on: May 16, 2014, 08:34:39 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Glad the weekend is upon us, as I'm losing my energy!

Friday and pay day!  woooo whooo!  Hoping for a nice slow day today!

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #13017 on: May 19, 2014, 06:30:53 am »
  Hiya BetterMost friends.

Well, I wish I had that option, but unfortunately, I must work, so I'll be leaving for work soon.

Busy weekend!  Cleaned the apartment, did laundry, shopped, cleaned the oven, ironed, visited with the family, got rid of some unneeded stuff.

Busy season at work will be in full swing soon!  :o  I'm getting as prepared as I can, trying to get some stuff done ahead of time that I can.  Other than that, business as usual.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #13018 on: May 19, 2014, 04:07:43 pm »
Latest pic of Trenton Scott, waiting for dinner, taken tonight.

;D

cute!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #13019 on: May 19, 2014, 04:09:33 pm »

Congrats again on finishing your collection. Must be a satisfying feeling. :)

I never was into comics, not even as a child, and never saw an animation of them (I don't think they have ever been shown over here). Yet I could name all figures of the two front rows plus the Apache Chief. ::) :laugh:
That's partly thanks to the boys from Big Bang Theory and partly thanks to you, Chuckie. The things you learn.... ;D

Now that's funny!  Truth be told, the boys from "BBT" would look at this collection and mock!  Specifically Sheldon.

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/